Man of the Match vs United

BlueLion.

Who was your MOTM?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Howard Webb FC?

• Cech
    • Bosingwa
    • Ivanovic
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Essien
    • Meireles
    • Malouda
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Sturridge
    • SUB - Oriol

Hard to choose... I think just for his goal and assist, Mata tips this, but it by no means a vintage performance by anyone. Plenty of fight though, which was nice to see.

• I thought Cech made some excellent saves (no chance with either penalty and he had only a fraction of a second to react to the Hernandez header) and put in a decent shift as captain. He bossed his area very well.
  • Luiz barely put a foot wrong, as did Cahill. Bosingwa had an improved game but as I have already stressed, too many attacks broke down because of him wanting to cut inside and play with his stronger foot.
  • Mata and Meireles had good games. Mata was at the heart of everything and took his goal majestically. Meireles was quietly efficient, rarely wasted a pass and played a sensible game. The same can be said of Essien.
  • Ivanovic had a lacklustre game. A couple of good tackles, but after his yellow card he became tentative in the tackle and the way he just stood off Giggs was appalling. Malouda, a couple of decent moments aside, was as poor as ever. When he came on, Oriol was very poor as well.
  • Torres held the ball up well and the cross to Mata was sublime, but we did buy him to play outside the box. He is a striker, supposedly, and his unwillingness to shoot and get in the box is disgraceful. Sturridge had a few decent touches but he is too selfish as a winger.

It is obviously now time to play 4-1-2-1-2 with Sturridge partnered by either Torres or Drogba, with Mata in the hole and Meireles or Essien sitting, with Lampard and Ramires in the more advanced berths. Either that or play Sturridge through the middle, with Mata and Kalou/Malouda on the wings. Torres is no longer a viable option in my book.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata was absolute class all game and was very unlucky to win it for us righ at the depth with that FK. Not to mention, I'm still drooling over that finish of the second goal.

However, I voted for Raul Meireles simply because woderful and efficient tactical display took me by surprise. Only last week I was shouting at my tv during the Swansea game for Raul to get the hell out of the team. Yet, yesterday he put in a sublime MOTM performance in my opinion. He was everywhere and rarely missed a pass. I hope he keeps this up, we need him while Ramires is away.

Ivanovic was superb and I would have voted for him had he not been partly to blame for the third goal. I mean, how do you not close down possibly the best crosses in the league (giggs) ?

Overall it was a great performance by everyone (even Bosingwa at LB :o ) and we deserved to win the match.

Mata was absolute class all game and was very unlucky to win it for us righ at the depth with that FK. Not to mention, I'm still drooling over that finish of the second goal.

However, I voted for Raul Meireles simply because woderful and efficient tactical display took me by surprise. Only last week I was shouting at my tv during the Swansea game for Raul to get the hell out of the team. Yet, yesterday he put in a sublime MOTM performance in my opinion. He was everywhere and rarely missed a pass. I hope he keeps this up, we need him while Ramires is away.

Ivanovic was superb and I would have voted for him had he not been partly to blame for the third goal. I mean, how do you not close down possibly the best crosses in the league (giggs) ?

Overall it was a great performance by everyone (even Bosingwa at LB :o ) and we deserved to win the match.

I don't know about everyone, afterall Malouda was on the pitch.

I don't see why Sturridge isn't being played as a middle man. He can twist and turn through any defence and he must be wondering what the hell he has to do to be taken seriously by AVB as a striker.

The lad has scored 9 PL goals this season as a WINGER!

Why the hell is Malouda even a nomination?

Lots of class from the game

First game Mata looked outstanding in 2012

Essien played wonderful for 90mins when he is not even fully match fit

Ivanovic played great coming back from injury

Cahill and Luiz partnership is our future that looks bright

Has to be Mata, he just played a huge part in our attacking and goals, fucking love the man so glad we have him on our team. And even though this could be an awful season, lets all be glad we have Juan Mata!. But Ivanovic wasn't far off, our best defender at the back 4, i thought our defending was good, United were great at attacking and we did well stopping them, however the tackles were just shocking, even though one of them was only a penalty out of all the fouls in the box, by a bit of clumsyness by Sturridge it was still shocking tackling, but i liked the defending.

And Meireles had a very good game also, his interceptions and work rate in the match was very good, rarely on the ball but he never really lost it, it was only malouda who was losing it constantly, and sometimes Torres. Meireles also made a classic interception when Hernandez was moving into the box.

As for Essien, great first half. His passing was sharp and quality, made a few mistakes but is getting back on track, last season when he came back from injury he couldn't pass for shit, he looks much better than he did last season that's a positive. Hopefully he gets better and can find a way in our team and help us to get points.

And by the way fuck Paul Scholes the ginger mess, he didn't do that much, fucking sky sports licking his arse once again, all he did was come on and make a passes switching the play that was it!. I wish we had a player who could pass like that but Sky were making out as if Paul Scholes made about 6 one on one through balls.