Rebuilding of Chelsea and players who you want out or in?

daNcfc

Players Out -

Drogba (end of contract)

Kalou (end of contract - pisses me off we should be getting a relatively decent fee for a player who is only 26)

Ferreira - Unlikely to fetch a fee

Bosingwa - £4m approx

Malouda - £4m approx

Mikel - £7m approx

Essien - £12-15m

Torres - If he hasn't performed and got his goal touch back by the end of the season, we may have to decide whether we are to cut our losses with him. If a foreign club comes in for him for £20m I would be inclined to sell him and use the money for a direct replacement.

Players In -

Junior Hoillett (Blackburn) - End of Contract

Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield) - £3-4m

Lucas Moura (Sao Paulo) - £20-25m

Tiote or Fellaini - £10-15m

Any one from Soldado, Higuain, Gomez, Lavezzi or Cavani (regardless of whether Torres leaves or not) - £20-35m

De Bruyne and McEachran back from their loan spells.

Similar to a post above. If Sturridge has not signed a new contract by July then we must sell him in the summer to help fund a replacement - no point letting him leave for free the following summer. I personally think he will sign a new deal and that is my preference but if he doesn't I would hold out for as much as possible from Man City (between £15-20m) and use the money to buy a player like Willian or even Hazard.

Nice post and I agree with your targets. Jordan Rhodes is a good shout but he'll fetch far more than that amount, he's probably already EPL standard for a team like West Brom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Drogba I'm iffy on. He's my all-time favourite player, and I'll probably shed a few tears when he leaves but he's just not cutting the mustard anymore and we can't afford to give him a 2 year deal. Perhaps a 1 year contract to begin with with an automatic 1 year extension clause if he scores 15 goals in the season or some such.

And by the way, this is an excellent idea for a topic :)

Depends if Roberto gets the job or not. So far, Nando has put more work into his performances under Roberto then with either AvB or Carlo, and i could see some buys happening in shape of Hazard, etc. but it does really depend on if he gets the job. Personally, i see no reason why he shouldn't, his work has gotten us results from the get go, and there is an admition of respect throughtout the locker-room because he is someone with a past at the club.

They can all leave as far as I'm concerned, but they won't. Only a few from that list will. If I had to choose who stays on that list, they would be Mikel, Essien and Meireles. Kalouda and Drogba are the ones who should have left long ago already and those 3 are the most likely to depart. I sensed that the recent rise in form would brainwash some of the light-headed, that's exactly what they want... I'm staying firm on my belief that the (old) deadwood should take a hike regardless of the form they will finish the season.

Somebody mentioned Frank. Lampard is also a liability, I can't recognize him anymore, there's nothing left of his former glory except for a few poach goals and I don't blame him. He misplaces the easiest passes and gets lost too often, he no longer dictates the midfield. I would keep him only if he accepts a paycut and a bench role. He's also a dangerous presence in the dressing room if he's unhappy.

Mikel should stay. Meireles hasn't done anything of significance, wouldn't be the worst thing if he was sold & maybe he could take his Portuguese mate Bosingwa with him, might open up a bench spot for McEachran/Piazon next season.

Hopefully Malouda FINALLY leaves the club.

Out: Lampard, Drogba, Ferriera, Kalou, Malouda, Hilario, Bosingwa, Essien.

In: Falcao, Hazard, Willian, Lucas, RB

Strikers: Falcao, Torres, Sturridge

Wingers: Willian, Hazard, Mata

Midfielders: Oriol, Mikel, Ramirez, Lucas, Meireles.

Defenders: New RB, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cahill, A.Cole, Bertand.

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Youth GK.

^ I like that team but instead of both Willian AND Hazard, isn't it better to use our youth?

the likes of kevin de bruyne, josh mceachran and lucas piazon.

and wouldn't mind cavani if falcao is too costly

Why on earth do People want to keep Meireles, I was defending him alot but his performances are Average at best, he makes too many poor passess and shoots alot. I'd rather have Frank stick around in a giggs like role.

Out: Malouda--------> In: Lavezzi/Hazard

Out: Bosingwa:----------> In: Azpillicueta

Out: Kalou--------> In: Already have KDB

Out: Meireles------------> In: Eriksen/Lucas

Possibly Out: Essien-------------> Tiote/M'villa

Out: Drogba-----------> In: Cavani/Falcao

Massive changes needed

Why on earth do People want to keep Meireles, I was defending him alot but his performances are Average at best, he makes too many poor passess and shoots alot. I'd rather have Frank stick around in a giggs like role.

Out: Malouda--------> In: Lavezzi/Hazard

Out: Bosingwa:----------> In: Azpillicueta

Out: Kalou--------> In: Already have KDB

Out: Meireles------------> In: Eriksen/Lucas

Possibly Out: Essien-------------> Tiote/M'villa

Out: Drogba-----------> In: Cavani/Falcao

Massive changes needed

No need to replace Meireles. We'l have Josh McEachran! and also Yossi Benayoun