Lucas Piazón

the wes

Th guy is 19 why are questioning if he's going to have space in the team?

I'd be amazing for Chelsea to keep all among Oscar, Willian, Mata, Hazard and Schürrle for the next five years, but it's also very unlikely (I'm already counting Kev out). I know we have other players from youth, but Lucas is showing he can be a good addition to our squad 2-3 years from now. I've caught up with his latest matches and yeah, I'd like to see him tested as a second striker when he's back with us... maybe he can make it even as a striker. Those young players who show skill can be molded into a bit of different positions from their original position. For a guy playing second striker well, I think maybe molding him into a striker. It's not like we have many of those around here (although as I cover Chelsea's u-21 and u-18 teams I can see a good guys coming up, and hopefully they'll develop nicely as well)

Yeah, I expect at least 2 of our AMs to leave as well, and Lucas can come in and fill the void in the future as the kid is still very young.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I read about this kid. It seems to me, he is just about to play for Chelsea, perhaps next season ?

He is enjoying a great loan spell at Vitesse.

So far, he has scored 11 goals in 18 appearances. Not bad in my view.

According to Whoscored.com, 11 goals in 16 appearances actually. Also 8 assists. Not bad at all.

I hope he doesn't fade out like kakuta. Let him play a lot of games for 2 consecutive seasons. He'll be 21, then he can come to us. I really like that he's a good finisher. We need more of that here.

The few games that I had seen, an immense talent, a great potential. Piazon, Traore, two of my favorites.

If Mata leaves, he could be Oscar's backup.

Seeing that we will struggle when Lampard, Terry and Cole are leaving with the homegrown quota, we should bring him back asap to be club trained.

We don't need to have 11 world class starters + 11 world class backups, the club trained youth is the key when they are good enough like Piazon (Moses is homegrown btw)

Is Kakuta club trained or homegrown?

If KDB and Mata are off, that would gives :

Schuurle - Piazon - Moses (+ Kakuta) as backup

Hazard - Oscar - Willian as starters

And when Boga, Traoré, Mushonda will be ready, we would have greater backups while they are developing with the first team.

• 3 weeks later...

kudos to peter bosz. even with the leaving of MvG and remy they still manage to reach the top (until now). if things goes smoothly, we can see our youngster such as piazon, atsu, patrick playing in champions league! a very rare opportunity for such only us as a big team in europe have this advantage.

• 1 month later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9197596/chelseas-lucas-piazon-and-man-utds-andreas-pereira-want-to-play-for-brazil?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Piazon, currently on loan at Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem, has represented Brazil at both under-15 and under-17 levels.

But the 20-year-old's family have Italian passports and he recently turned down an approach by the Italian FA to switch allegiances as he believes he is much too young to decide his international future.

When asked about the proposal to play for Italy, Piazon told ESPN Brazil: "They sounded out my father and my agent, but I said not now.

"I need to wait for now, I don't have to take a decision like this when I am 20 years old.

"Maybe in the future, if I don't have any chance (with Brazil), and they come to me again, I might even consider the idea, but this is not what I have in mind at the moment."

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how this guy has been doing over there? Is he good enough to make it into our first team? I have seen literally nothing of their games this year.

Teared apart the league in the first half of the season,Has been anonymous since the winter break.

Can anyone tell me how this guy has been doing over there? Is he good enough to make it into our first team? I have seen literally nothing of their games this year.

The Vitesse manager said this about him yesterday:

'When Lucas came, nobody knew him,' said Bosz 'Now coaches say: 'Piazon is important and if we stop him we kill a big part of Vitesse". They mark him close, sometimes a bit mean, the spaces are reduced and he is tired because it is his first season playing game after game.
'Also, the media love him because he is technical and skilful. There is a lot of attention and that is new for him. It’s interesting how he handles that. The new challenge for Lucas is to perform the same. These last steps are the most difficult.'

The Vitesse manager said this about him yesterday:

'When Lucas came, nobody knew him,' said Bosz 'Now coaches say: 'Piazon is important and if we stop him we kill a big part of Vitesse". They mark him close, sometimes a bit mean, the spaces are reduced and he is tired because it is his first season playing game after game.

'Also, the media love him because he is technical and skilful. There is a lot of attention and that is new for him. Its interesting how he handles that. The new challenge for Lucas is to perform the same. These last steps are the most difficult.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591810/Not-good-Jose-Mourinho-Dont-worry-boys-theres-room-Chelseas-Dutch-talent-factory.html

Literally just found and read this in the Matthew Harding forum. oops missed that, should have looked there first.! Thanks anyway. :D