Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

His biggest weapon is his passing for sure, not many footballers even in history can pass the ball as well as he does. He had the best passing game in Belgium ever, it was easy to see he had a very bright future ahead of him. He maybe was the best player in preseason in Chelsea, then got MOTM in the first EPL game and the second he drowned like the rest of the team. Then he was the only one who got sacrificed and he never got a fair chance again. Definitely Mou's biggest mistake this far.

Agree, as a Belgian selling kdb was the biggest decepcion for me while supporting CFC

Such a pity we let him go. To fit or not to fit is a unanswerable question imo. He had a great preseason, then an injury and struggled the few times he got a shot.

For me he has been proving his worth all season. Too bad.

No. He most certainly would not be developing the way he is now were he still here. Kevin is given a lot of creative license at Wolfsburg. He's free to make mistakes. You put Oscar in that team and allow him to do whatever he wants with the ball, he'll also look impressive too after a season.

I'm not sure Oscar about how Oscar would be in such a role, but I absolutely agree with the first part of your post.

It seems like people already forgot about Mata.

When a player - with talent, the cases with both Mata and Kev - is given a lot of freedom, is made the main man in the team, can do and roam as they please in the pitch OF COURSE they will have amazing stats and influence a lot of matches.

Is Kev better than Eden? Maybe for some Belgians yes, because of Belgium NT, but for others even then he isn't. But what if Hazard, instead of Kev, was made the star of the NT? What if their deft manager had a different game plan that suited Hazard more (or had any game plan at all because he seems to just want to please players and give them a good environment with no effective tactics)?

So, I'm sorry if I back up the idea that if we had to invest in someone that in a couple of years would be the guy to roam free in the team I pick Hazard between him and Kev - because I don't think Kev can cope with the demands the other attacking players have here.

I'm very happy for Kevin because I absolutely love the kid, but he wouldn't be even close to that here. He would certainly do better than Willian in the RW (has great crosses and vision and a deadly finishing) offensively, but could he cope with all the work rate this team needs to work?

People are already complaining about our pressing and the compactness of the team, with a player like Kev replacing Oscar or Willian it would be even worse. Also there was something about his personality/commitment on training sessions that absolutely pissed Mourinho. We already have enough players with drive/character issues - if that was the problem with Kev, we honestly don't need another player.

I hope he continues to shine and hopefully find a bigger team to play. That team just isn't Chelsea imo... unless we sell Hazard in a few years.

screw you Mourinho for losing our greatest prospect. KDB is a class above the likes of Oscar and Willian. Mourinho should just go watch KDB's performance last night vs Bayern and then shoot himself in the head for losing such a fantastic player :rant:

LOOOOOL

Let's sell Hazard, Courtois and Costa and bring back Torres while we're at it. Get the hell over it.

Like others have sais before, i dont think his commitment or work ethics should be questioned. IRC the summer before he played for us , instead of going on a big vacation, he kept training privately so he could start the preseason in top shape (wich showed btw).

Now ofcourse i don't know him personnaly, but based on what i have seen from him off the field, he seems to me someone who is very vocal about what he thinks and feels. When he is unhappy, he is gonna show it. And maybe that was something that Mou didn't like.

In Bremen he was the player that had run the most distance of the whole Bundesliga, and now in the first season half he was number 3 in the Bundesliga in most distance covered. In a league where everybody covers a lot of distance. So he surely runs his longs out everytime.

And KDB a counter attack player? His biggest weakness is his speed (that's why he should never play as a winger in a top league). KDB is the player that breaks the game open with his supernatural passing, completely the opposite of a counterattack player. And ofcourse he is better than Oscar and Willian, that looks obvious to me.

De Bruyne was kinda crap here too. Doesnt mean he cant improve with regular time in Wolfsburg.

Crap? In preseason he was our best player for me and in the first EPL game he was chosen MOTM. Then against Man Utd he drowned like the rest of our team and he was the only one who got sacrificed. And after that he had to wait 20 games to play 6 minutes, etc. So he never got a fair chance again.

There's nothing wrong with his work rate (since it was mentioned again above). He's consistently one of the players who covers the most distance during a match. Most of the time he tops the list (in the NT, don't know about his German stats).

I read that he is on the second or third place when it comes to cover the most distance during a match in the Bundesliga.When he first started playing at Werder Bremen.I think that he was even on the first place,so basically this means that he has an amazing work rate.

Crap? In preseason he was our best player for me and in the first EPL game he was chosen MOTM. Then against Man Utd he drowned like the rest of our team and he was the only one who got sacrificed. And after that he had to wait 20 games to play 6 minutes, etc. So he never got a fair chance again.

This has been said a hundred times here but gets conveniently ignored because it's easier to blame KDB and his supposed lack of willpower or fight than to admit José didn't see his worth and was wrong to discard him.

The crap you read about him needing to be the 'main main' to function in a team is just another stupid excuse to try and soften the blow of losing him.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough, he wasnt crap crap, but certainly not what was expected. After his very positive preseason, he had few shit games and he deserved to be benched. But its Mou fault to not give him more chances eventualy, indeed.

All that said, he is amazing technical attacking midfielder with great pass for goal, but he is not as dynamic as Oscar and wouldnt suit in high pressing system we play. He might run alot, but our Cesc runs alot too. Its a stat that means shit. Just because these guys jog around the pitch all the time, doesnt mean they actualy track up and down, chase the ball, throw themselves on it to get it from opponent. Oscar is much more dynamic in that aspect. Wont say KDB is bad at defending, but certainly wouldnt cut it here under Mou game, simple as that.

He is top attacking player though, twice more creative than Oscar.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough, he wasnt crap crap, but certainly not what was expected. After his very positive preseason, he had few shit games and he deserved to be benched. But its Mou fault to not give him more chances eventualy, indeed.

All that said, he is amazing technical attacking midfielder with great pass for goal, but he is not as dynamic as Oscar and wouldnt suit in high pressing system we play. He might run alot, but our Cesc runs alot too. Its a stat that means shit. Just because these guys jog around the pitch all the time, doesnt mean they actualy track up and down, chase the ball, throw themselves on it to get it from opponent. Oscar is much more dynamic in that aspect. Wont say KDB is bad at defending, but certainly wouldnt cut it here under Mou game, simple as that.

He is top attacking player though, twice more creative than Oscar.

Wtf am I reading man?

- Preseason: He was at least one of our best players.

- First EPL game against Hull: Chosen MOTM

- Second EPL game against Aston Villa: Benched

- Third EPL game against Man Utd: Played 60 minutes poor, just like the rest of our team.

- Fourth against Everton: Benched

- Fifth against Fulham: Benched and played 5 minutes but it was a very very good 5 minutes.

- Never got a fair chance again

This has been said a hundred times here but gets conveniently ignored because it's easier to blame KDB and his supposed lack of willpower or fight than to admit José didn't see his worth and was wrong to discard him.

The crap you read about him needing to be the 'main main' to function in a team is just another stupid excuse to try and soften the blow of losing him.

My point was that he wouldn't put up the same stats for us as he does now for Wolfsburg.

There's a difference between performing at a club like Wolfsburg, in the BL, compared to performing at a club like Chelsea, in the PL. PL>BL. Chelsea>Wolfsburg.

Honestly i agree that Mourinho should have played him more. I think we could have definitely used him but seriously some people are acting like we just lost out on Messi or something.

It so annoying everytime an ex player does well we have people bitching about it. It was a WC year and he wasn't getting much gametime so he wanted to leave and we sold him. The end. Get over it.

I don't feel any animosity towards De Bruyne for wanting to leave just as i don't have any real regret for us selling him.