Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Just seems like he needs a continuous run of matches to play good. With us whenever, he got chances here and there and almost always put in horrible performances. Ugh, just too bad.

This.

He's the type of player that needs to play every game to stay "connected" when he's playing sporadically he's worse off than most player because he's streaky and he needs multiple games to get a feel for the game

Eh? He's most effective as a play maker a la Scholes. He hardly hurts Eden's game as KDB plays more of long passing game and he's quite good at providing a final ball.

They certainly can co exist on the field. KDB is most effective being able to play a free AM role.

Which is why he didn't make it here, Hazard has the free(ish) role and to supplement that the other two AMs defend and run around like dogs to maintain the balance of the team, that's why KDB didn't fit the system here purely because he isn't that type of player and as good as he is, him or Hazard? not even a contest. Mourinho just simply won't give two player's leeway from off the ball duty.

I like him and hope he has a great career, his time at Chelsea was simply a case of wrong place wrong time.

Which is why he didn't make it here, Hazard has the free(ish) role and to supplement that the other two AMs defend and run around like dogs to maintain the balance of the team, that's why KDB didn't fit the system here purely because he isn't that type of player and as good as he is, him or Hazard? not even a contest. Mourinho just simply won't give two player's leeway from off the ball duty.

I like him and hope he has a great career, his time at Chelsea was simply a case of wrong place wrong time.

I agree although if they do click on the national team interchanging free roles it will be something to see so far De Bruyne has been the one to take the lead. It is a shame because I do think it was never a question of skill but fit. But what can you do. I think Kevin will move on to Bayern in the not to distant future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...