Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

De Bruyne still keen on Blues

skysports.com

Genk ace Kevin de Bruyne will be out to impress against Chelsea on Wednesday night after seeing a move to Stamford Bridge fall through in the summer.

The 20-year-old winger was poised to follow former team-mate Thibaut Courtois to West London until Genk reportedly refused the Blues' offer in August.

De Bruyne admits it is still a sore point that the deal collapsed but will not let that distract him when he visits Chelsea with the Belgian side in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday.

He told The Sun: "I was disappointed when the move never happened. I thought there was a deal in place but I still had four years left on my contract and Genk wanted too much money for me.

"Still, maybe next year I can progress to Chelsea or another team.

"I don't feel I have to prove everything in this one game. Chelsea will look at me 20 or maybe 30 times.

"But I do find it annoying that everyone in Belgium is watching me.

"At Genk I'll become maybe 10 per cent better this year. But Romelu Lukaku (left), my Belgium team-mate, will improve 30 per cent just by training at Chelsea."

Support

De Bruyne, who has relatives in England, will be supported by his family at Stamford Bridge as Genk look to upset Chelsea's Champions League aspirations.

"There are a dozen family members and 10 friends coming to watch this game," he added.

"I come to England all the time and spend every Christmas with my mother's family in Ealing. It's like my second home.

"My grandfather has been to see me play in Genk but, for the rest of my English family, this will be the first time they will have seen me play."

What a game today from Kevin.

He scored in the first minute against Club Bruges. Then Brugge drew 1-1 with Genk leading again just before half time thanks to Hyland.

Then second half started bad with yet an equalisier from Bruges, 25 minutes later they scored another two goals, 4-2 in minute 67.

Minute 71 and Jelle Vossen got us back in the game. 4-3

6 minutes later Kevin created himself some space and shot the goal at 109 km/h at first upper corner 4-4

Another 8 minutes later He got the ball from Camus with the goalie of Bruges coming onwards him, he chipped the ball very beautifoul over the goalie, scoring the matchwinner!!!

Club Bruges - Krc Genk 4-5 (3 x De Bruyne!!) :)

He's getting in form again, lovely, but needed to be subbed at end of the game, hopefully nothing to bad, so he can show us some nice things tuesday against CFC ;)

What a game today from Kevin.

He scored in the first minute against Club Bruges. Then Brugge drew 1-1 with Genk leading again just before half time thanks to Hyland.

Then second half started bad with yet an equalisier from Bruges, 25 minutes later they scored another two goals, 4-2 in minute 67.

Minute 71 and Jelle Vossen got us back in the game. 4-3

6 minutes later Kevin created himself some space and shot the goal at 109 km/h at first upper corner 4-4

Another 8 minutes later He got the ball from Camus with the goalie of Bruges coming onwards him, he chipped the ball very beautifoul over the goalie, scoring the matchwinner!!!

Club Bruges - Krc Genk 4-5 (3 x De Bruyne!!) :)

He's getting in form again, lovely, but needed to be subbed at end of the game, hopefully nothing to bad, so he can show us some nice things tuesday against CFC ;)

your reports are always appreciated ,,seems you had a better day than we did