Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Kevin de Bruyne

BlueLion.
Followers 2

I watched the whole game. He had his moments, but generally wasn't involved or felt unsure. It's not easy though playing against Borrusia at their own stadium and having the shit pushed out of you with their high pressure defending. Add the fact that he played as a striker in a new team and things become much clearer.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Christ's sake, how many times will we have to go through this...?! Hazard earns 540 000 fucking EUROS per month, which does 135k euros per week = £116k at the current exchange rate. All French-spe

The only way KDB is gonna get back in the Chelsea lineup is by actually playing well, something he hasn't done since this summer.

I stayed away from this topic as long as I could — and hopped to do so for the upcoming months — but I am too bothered by what's going on in this topic. And, Choulo, if I'm quoting you on this, it's n

Posted Images

It's not exactly the easiest match to play in especially out of position. Nonetheless Kevin needs to step it up a bit if he wants to keep his place in the starting XI.

He didnt get subbed, so that is a good sign!

Werder were playin good combination football & KDB was good without doin anything special, a few one touch combinations were you can see how precise his passing is (even under high pressure), a couple diagonal cross passes inch perfect, sent Arnautovic deep a few times, same for Elia (but he's to dumb to make an end product), so good start imo.

Definatly if youre considering he started up front. You could see he was more usefull after Petersen came on & he dropped to the 8/10 position.

de Bruyne was joint highets rated vs Hamburg according to goal.com ratings, with 8/10. They had this to say about him (translated):

"Pulled the strings in midfield and had a class passports ready(?). Seemed very agile and showed how much potential in the young Belgian."

while they rated Bruma 5.5/10:

"He also caught a bad day. Although much was used, however, caused the first penalty when he brought down in the penalty area Elia."

About Bruma, it seemed like he played as a RB. Does he often do that? He caused a penalty during the match too, they didnt score on the penalty though.

• 2 weeks later...