Dimitar Berbatov

Joshyboy

I agree which is why someone with a 2:1 strike rate in the PL who can hold up the ball and is available cheap would be a viable option for a season or two as second fiddle to our main striker. Besides I think a striker should offer more than just goals, Drogba was an outlet who could hold up the ball and bring others into the game. Chico doesn't offer that...

Everything you said makes sense and would make him a good option, but i just can't see it happening because of his age.

Sure you might think his age is an advantage, but what's to say RDM and the board think the same?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything you said makes sense and would make him a good option, but i just can't see it happening because of his age.

Sure you might think his age is an advantage, but what's to say RDM and the board think the same?

Fair enough can't argue with that... ?

Just worried about our back up plan, guess they have something up there sleeve though. Have to wait and see I guess.

It's pretty clear to me that Sturridge is the back up striker.

I hear ya, but going into the season with only 2 strikers could be risky given the 60+ games we could be play this year. I don't want another £40 million player, but would feel more comfortable with a cheaper alternative.

This is going to be a controversial opinion but for 1 or 2 years, then i think this will be a really good move.

Now the title is imo out of reach this season, we finished 25 points behind the Top 2, something that will not be rectified in 12 months, our main aim is to get back in the Top 4.

What was it that cost us our Champions League place (via the domestic route) last season? The stupid amount of points we dropped in the so called "lesser games".

As he shown in 2010/2011, Berbatov is one of the best in the business when it comes to "sweeping up" against the weaker teams, yes he may not be that much of a big game player, but if we get say 50 points out of a available 60 out of the bottom half teams, we will only need 20/60 against the top half teams to all but secure our Champions League place the following season. Berbatov around would sure mean we drop less points at places like Carrow Road this time out.

This is going to be a controversial opinion but for 1 or 2 years, then i think this will be a really good move.

Now the title is imo out of reach this season, we finished 25 points behind the Top 2, something that will not be rectified in 12 months, our main aim is to get back in the Top 4.

What was it that cost us our Champions League place (via the domestic route) last season? The stupid amount of points we dropped in the so called "lesser games".

As he shown in 2010/2011, Berbatov is one of the best in the business when it comes to "sweeping up" against the weaker teams, yes he may not be that much of a big game player, but if we get say 50 points out of a available 60 out of the bottom half teams, we will only need 20/60 against the top half teams to all but secure our Champions League place the following season. Berbatov around would sure mean we drop less points at places like Carrow Road this time out.

This!!!

Edit - dunno why it's there 3 times, oh well another iPad glitch!

I agree with you, he is very different to our current strikers, certainly capable of changing the game since he can hold the ball up better that Torres or Sturidge. Also offers a pretty good games to goal ratio.... in all honesty it amazes me that he failed at United, guess he struggled to adapt to their style.

I've ridiculed the man for years he better not come hate the lazy git

LOL he's not lazy - check his OPTA stats... It appears as tho he is lazy, but he is a very clever 'runner' into channels and taking defenders away...

His first touch is amazing, probably one of the best in the world - go back check some YouTube of him when he played for the Spuds...

We should definitely get him on-board... 2yr contract with a release clause @ 18 months for both-sides...

LOL he's not lazy - check his OPTA stats... It appears as tho he is lazy, but he is a very clever 'runner' into channels and taking defenders away...

His first touch is amazing, probably one of the best in the world - go back check some YouTube of him when he played for the Spuds...

We should definitely get him on-board... 2yr contract with a release clause @ 18 months for both-sides...

Think it's his running style, makes him appear lazy... won't ever happen, but I still feel he has an awful lot to offer.

Funnily enough I was just discussing this on another forum. He's pretty much the only extremely talented striker I can think of that we could get super cheap as cover for a couple of years, but alas the club has showed absolutely no interest in him. Imo Utd would even forget the 5m transfer fee just to get his wages off the books, he's going to get zero game time there next season anyway with RVP, Rooney and Kagawa already confusing fans to how they will fit into one XI. Imo he'd be a clever signing and we would surely have the classiest attack in the world, even if they wouldn't necessarily score a lot of goals haha.

Funnily enough I was just discussing this on another forum. He's pretty much the only extremely talented striker I can think of that we could get super cheap as cover for a couple of years, but alas the club has showed absolutely no interest in him. Imo Utd would even forget the 5m transfer fee just to get his wages off the books, he's going to get zero game time there next season anyway with RVP, Rooney and Kagawa already confusing fans to how they will fit into one XI. Imo he'd be a clever signing and we would surely have the classiest attack in the world, even if they wouldn't necessarily score a lot of goals haha.

Agreed as a stop gap for a couple I years whilst Lukaka learns the trade. He holds the ball up well and would link with our plethora of attacking midfielders. Despite never being first choice at Utd he has still managed a goal every other game.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You