Dimitar Berbatov

Joshyboy

Why not? The last thing we need is a young striker with Sturridge and Lukaku at the club.

Berbatov as a back-up striker for the next two years would be great. By that time, Lukaku would be ready to actually play a part in the first team.

This

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His age is the best thing about this deal, provides experience (something people seem to bang on about), plus would be on his way out just as Lukaka and Sturridge are on the way in.

His ability to link up with midfield is just what we need given the abundance of attacking talent we have bought. His goal tally is more than impressive. Plus he is very cheap £5-6 million and he is ours.

But hey screw it lets sign another £40 million pound player, after all it's not our money.

Why not? The last thing we need is a young striker with Sturridge and Lukaku at the club.

Berbatov as a back-up striker for the next two years would be great. By that time, Lukaku would be ready to actually play a part in the first team.

Alright going by that logic, then we should sign a 30 something year old midfielder just so he can leave in a couple years and McEachran can have a chance?

We won't win things doing that, if Lukaku and Sturridge are good enough then they should be able to challenge whoever we bring in, and that person should definitely not be Man utd's 5th choice striker.

Alright going by that logic, then we should sign a 30 something year old midfielder just so he can leave in a couple years and McEachran can have a chance?

We won't win things doing that, if Lukaku and Sturridge are good enough then they should be able to challenge whoever we bring in, and that person should definitely not be Man utd's 5th choice striker.

Berbatov scores goals and that's a good thing from a backup striker.

So Pirlo is available on a free an your response would be?

So Pirlo is available on a free an your response would be?

Pirlo is world class, i don't think any team can turn him down even at his age. But Berbatov is not.

Berbatov scores goals and that's a good thing from a backup striker.

Yes and that's great, but it's his age that concerns me the most. 31 years old and is probably (or will soon be) on the decline.

Two completely unrelated issues. We need a back-up striker as going into the season with just Torres and Sturridge is very risky, arguably too risky.

In this case, Berbatov is ideal as he only has a few years left and Lukaku will need at least two years of regular football before he's actually Chelsea material.

Two completely unrelated issues. We need a back-up striker as going into the season with just Torres and Sturridge is very risky, arguably too risky.

In this case, Berbatov is ideal as he only has a few years left and Lukaku will need at least two years of regular football before he's actually Chelsea material.

Question is, do we need a back up striker or do we need someone capable of putting Torres on the bench like Drogba did? someone who can show up in the biggest games, don't think Berbatov is that man.

Chicarito is better imo, sure he doesn't do a lot right, but he scores goals when it matters.

Question is, do we need a back up striker or do we need someone capable of putting Torres on the bench like Drogba did? someone who can show up in the biggest games, don't think Berbatov is that man.

Chicarito is better imo, sure he doesn't do a lot right, but he scores goals when it matters.

Guy offers nothing, can't hold up play, doesn't link in with midfield and he is a midget. Hell I'd sign Defoe before I signed this guy.

Name me someone available at a reasonable price who could play as a back up striker? Tired off the our only choice is a £30-40 million striker threads.

That's a different discussion. Torres was told he'd be the number 1 striker this season. Going by that, if we're in the market for a striker, it'll be a back-up striker.

If we are looking for someone to really challenge the number 1 striker spot, then Bebrbatov is not the player we should be looking at yeah.

Hernandez won't join. And he's useless with the ball anyway, giving you a huge disadvantage against when facing good opposition.

That's different discussion. Torres was told he'd be the number 1 striker this season. Going by that, if we're in the market for a striker, it'll be a back-up striker.

exactly which is why i dont believe any of the cavani rumors...but i'd rather a dynamic winger/st. not just an out an out sitting on the bench playing few games here and there.

Guy offers nothing, can't hold up play, doesn't link in with midfield and he is a midget. Hell I'd sign Defoe before I signed this guy.

Name me someone available at a reasonable price who could play as a back up striker? Tired off the our only choice is a £30-40 million striker threads.

1. I thought the job of a striker was only to score? :D hardly anyone cares about anything Torres does, except from the fact he can't score, and Chicarito sure can score

2. Not many good players will join to play as back-up striker.

Edit: If we want a striker to be strictly a back up, then we can get pretty much anyone, from Steven Fletcher to Crouch to Berbatov. Hardly inspiring options if Torres can't play though.

That's a different discussion. Torres was told he'd be the number 1 striker this season. Going by that, if we're in the market for a striker, it'll be a back-up striker.

If we are looking for someone to really challenge the number 1 striker spot, than Bebrbatov is not the player we should be looking at yeah.

Hernandez won't join. And he's useless with the ball anyway, giving you a huge disadvantage against when facing good opposition.

Fair enough then, personally i don't really care what Torres said, i want (and hope) Chelsea to get a better striker than him.

1. I thought the job of a striker was only to score? :D hardly anyone cares about anything Torres does, except from the fact he can't score, and Chicarito sure can score

2. Not many good players will join to play as back-up striker.

Fair enough then, personally i don't really care what Torres said, i want (and hope) Chelsea to get a better striker than him.

I agree which is why someone with a 2:1 strike rate in the PL who can hold up the ball and is available cheap would be a viable option for a season or two as second fiddle to our main striker. Besides I think a striker should offer more than just goals, Drogba was an outlet who could hold up the ball and bring others into the game. Chico doesn't offer that...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You