Dimitar Berbatov

Joshyboy

I realise I'll probably be chased off the forums for suddgesting it, but its got to be said he's a world class striker and technically brilliant a real poacher as well as being bloody intelligent on and off the ball. No one seems to remember he was joint top scorer in the league last season now hes hardly getting on the man united bench for reasons i don't fully understand and im certain he'd jump at the chance to jump ship, so that wouldn't be an issue. Neither would be price i wouldn't think, with his contract shortly set to expire, so it could even be a free.

So I'm just throwing this up there more for discussion than because i think it would actually happen, but you just never know.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's very underrated by Manchester United. Technically he's clinical in front of goal, he's as good as Anelka when he finishes. A bit of the lazy side of the game, but that's why he's a lone striker.. It's a shame Hernandéz took his spot, because Berba's the better player.

That being said, it works for us fine. And he's ex-Tottenham, so f*ck him :)

lately that's debatable bro <_<

Agreed, Torres just cannot score a goal if his life depended on it and Drogba should be on his way out soon. I actually never thought about this transfer, it's a very interesting idea. I would definitely take him for sure, he is pretty classy and would be pretty good with us but I can't see this deal happening.

He could have been a lot better at Yernited. When they nicked him off the yids I thought they'd another Van Nistleroy prolific scorer on their hands but Ferguson doesnt know how to deal with surly Bulgarians.

Pure realms of fantasy scenario -No way United board would allow him at SW 6

He is not the type of striker I would want even if he was 25. He's not that dominant and he is all skill and that is not good for a big striker because he has no pace whatsoever. Edison Cavani is better now then what Berba ever was in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

We don't have a lot of luck with skillfull strikers. Our most succesfull strikers in the last 10 years have been Drogba, Anelka, Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink. None of these players were known for being able to tear a defence apart with skills. They could all finish and all work best as a part of a strike force, not as a single target man.

When AVB decides to buy, he needs to be thinking of buying players who work well in a partnership, rather than on their lonesome.

We don't have a lot of luck with skillfull strikers. Our most succesfull strikers in the last 10 years have been Drogba, Anelka, Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink. None of these players were known for being able to tear a defence apart with skills. They could all finish and all work best as a part of a strike force, not as a single target man.

When AVB decides to buy, he needs to be thinking of buying players who work well in a partnership, rather than on their lonesome.

if we had had a little more luck we could have had Crespo and Mutu in tandem ...sighs

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You