Chelsea's chances in the Champions League

BlueLion.

So what do people make of our chances now? It also shows how even the competition has been this season with Marseilles, APOEL and Benfica all progressing.

As with all cup tournies, bit of a lottery -but with our 'old guard' , (that hackneyed media phrase), choosing their own battles I'd like to think as good a chance as anyone else.

Mmmm, hang on though its UEFA we're talking about.....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we face Real Madrid or Barcelona, we've got no chance. Especially with Madrid as Jose will be plying mind games like he did with the old guard like he did against Inter. But with the siituation we are in now in terms of managers he knows that he will be able to push the dagger right in the heart.

Whatever happens now, I'm just proud we progressed. We have much to be proud of, simply because of this fact, we've got one over all the PL rivals, we silenced all the doubters who said it was impossible and for once the media decided they had to praise us.

Ideally Apoel would be a nice fixture but meh.

Chances are always there and I think ours are not really small as some people may think

We have:

• Deep squad
  • Experienced players
  • Manager who can motivate and make key decisions
  • Motivated players like Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, Cole and Cech for who this is probably the last chance to win CL.
  • Every inch of the whole club being determined to do well in CL.

"Champions League will come for Chelsea when they least expect it."

It's tough to see what can you expect from Chelsea this season, but remember the Valencia game and you will see how good we were when it really mattered. See the Napoli game and you will see how good we were. Hopefully, our win against Napoli can restore some confidence that will get us on a good run of results and if we do that I will be optimistic about CL. A good draw and let's see what happens, but no matter how we do, I am proud of the boys for reaching quarter finals after a worst season in our history.

As for Napoli...if we play the way I know we can then we can beat them. Some little luck could also help.

Ah shame good post smiley was removed, I wanted to do a Justin :ph34r: