Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Gary Cahill


BlueLion.
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

No what I'm saying is he's someone who hasn't been heard of since the late 70's and he's slagging off Cahill to get some publicity. Pejic was bigging up Jack Butland and saying he felt sorry for him to have to play in front of Cahill. Let's get things into perspective Cahill didn't play well but so what it was another meaningless friendly after another long season and a couple of days after the Scotland game. Pejic comes across like a father talking about one of his kids being brilliant and everyone else being shit. Conte changes from 4-4-2 to a back three and yet Cahill adapts and only Spurs let in less goals than us.

He's a former Stoke player and he wrote a column for the local paper. Do you really expect anything other than him being pro-Stoke?

Again, because it was a meaningless friendly and/or he hasn't been heard since the 1970s, he can't voice his opinion? And considering most, if not all, the England players are pretty well known at this point, any player Pejic named would have gained publicity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's a former Stoke player and he wrote a column for the local paper. Do you really expect anything other than him being pro-Stoke?

Again, because it was a meaningless friendly and/or he hasn't been heard since the 1970s, he can't voice his opinion? And considering most, if not all, the England players are pretty well known at this point, any player Pejic named would have gained publicity.

He gets paid for voicing his "opinion" to a wide audience, so he should be professional doing it and the newspaper should be professional in editing it. Saying that he feels sorry for somebody because he played with another player is what you see sappy teenagers write in forums and social media all the time, takes no skill or education to produce disrespectful shit like this, just like his playing career. And saying GC should give his EPL medal away, why exactly? Lmao gtfo you 4 time capped turd, probably thinks he knows it all now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's a former Stoke player and he wrote a column for the local paper. Do you really expect anything other than him being pro-Stoke?

Again, because it was a meaningless friendly and/or he hasn't been heard since the 1970s, he can't voice his opinion? And considering most, if not all, the England players are pretty well known at this point, any player Pejic named would have gained publicity.

It's about him slagging off Cahill knowing full well that he will hopefully get more people to ring him up and so he can get more media work simple as that. It's called an agenda. People do it all the time John Aldridge, Robbie Savage, Steve Claridge to name a few. Steve Claridge was slagging off Capello during the World Cup. Yet Capello has achieved so much in the game and yet Claridge was sacked by Millwall after 30 days without taking charge of a single game. What I'm saying is everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you've achieved fuck all like Pejic compared to Cahill you look a bit stupid here's JT summing it up.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It's about him slagging off Cahill knowing full well that he will hopefully get more people to ring him up and so he can get more media work simple as that. It's called an agenda. People do it all the time John Aldridge, Robbie Savage, Steve Claridge to name a few. Steve Claridge was slagging off Capello during the World Cup. Yet Capello has achieved so much in the game and yet Claridge was sacked by Millwall after 30 days without taking charge of a single game. What I'm saying is everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you've achieved fuck all like Pejic compared to Cahill you look a bit stupid here's JT summing it up.

 

Not to mention saying that Gary should give his medal away. It's not an opinion, it's just putrid shit he would never say to GC in person. The guy is an attention seeking loser, as is the newspaper that published it and paid him for that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, manpe said:

He gets paid for voicing his "opinion", so he should be professional doing it and the newspaper should be professional in editing it. Saying that he feels sorry for somebody because he played with another player is what you see sappy teenagers write in forums all the time, takes no skill or education to produce shit like this, just like his playing career.

We're in 2017. Do you really expect media outlets to still publish neutral pieces all the time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

We're in 2017. Do you really expect media outlets to still publish neutral pieces all the time?

No I don't, but that doesn't mean I can't talk crap about them when they do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manpe said:

Not to mention saying that Gary should give his medal away. It's not an opinion, it's just putrid shit he would never say to GC in person. The guy is an attention seeking loser, as is the newspaper that published it and paid him for that.

Well exactly he wrote an unbalanced opinion in a local paper and got in  very personal jibes about Cahill knowing full well it would get picked up by the wider British media. And here we are talking about it on a Chelsea website so mission accomplished for Pejic. Another thing I hate about Pejic is he played in the Stoke team that beat us in the 1972 League Cup Final. That was the first game I remember getting upset about Chelsea losing I was six mind you my older brothers taking the piss didn't help :rant:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I would have loved to see Cesar or David wear the armband but Cahill captained the team for the majority of the season and there were never any reports about anyone being unhappy about it. Congrats, hopefully you get to lift many more trophies for us!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Cahill for being named the new captain, always gives his all for the club, he loves this club, he´s fighter, warrior, always been there when the team needed, and pops up with vital goals, just like Terry in the past. Cheers and goodluck, may we continue to achieve more success in the future.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Beigl said:

Thought he had a good game. Took the penalty nice as well. Keep it up, Gary!

Aye, he stepped up properly yesterday, some of his tackles were mental, you could really see the drive and passion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And again, he was key to Moses' goal. His presence in the box is important, winning headers leading to goals scored.

And also, once again he was in 2 nasty head clashes and kept on going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, manpe said:

He was our best defender yesterday. Not sure why many hate him so much.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 

People never praise him when he plays well then just bombard him with 'he is shit' comments when he makes a mistake. Riles me.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stats said:

People never praise him when he plays well then just bombard him with 'he is shit' comments when he makes a mistake. Riles me.

Therein lies the issue with Cahill. He's capable of having solid games and capable of having shockers. He's just a nice, decent CB.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...