Gary Cahill

BlueLion.
Followers 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Just saw the Gary Cahill interview with the BBC, great passion shown from the lad, he wasn't shouting and raving, he kept calm and rationally asked the question everyone was thinking, nothing wrong with that surely? but no he will get the book thrown at him despite the referee having an absolute stinker, not only with that but with the constant fouls on Costa and going through the back of our attackers, how Amat in particular stayed on the pitch is beyond me. The referees need to be held as accountable as the players, just as a player can ruin a game with a mistake or a rush of blood, a referee or an assistant can do so too with a bad decision. 

Not Cahill's biggest fan as you all may know from my post match comments on his performance but fair play to him today for standing up and speaking out with passion without going over the top, you can see how much the result and the club means to him from that alone.

Win, lose or draw, Up the Chelsea!!

1 of those games we would have/should have won without the ref and some schoolboy errors from last season etc,but i'll take that and better displays from Hazard &co and we will win more than drop points during the season!

• Like 1

Might be an unpopular opinion but Cahill had a very good match. If you remove that whole Fer Fiasco, he was very solid, even after that incident too when he made that double block clearance which jumps to mind.

Cahill was cutting out many attacks, and was always in the right place at the right time. Obviously Cahill should have gotten rid of the ball much sooner, but JT didn't do him any favors passing him the ball that close to a defender.

Think an underrated aspect of this Chaill/Fer fiasco is the fact that I think Cahill knows he's fighting very hard to keep his place in this team. Not only with Luiz's arrival but Zouma's too. Im not discrediting Cahill's sincerity in that Post game presser, but the pressure is well and truly on for our defenders to perform at a high level or face the axe. 

• Like 4

I'm the only one who thinks that was more about Terry than Cahill? Cahill is not a ball playing CB, and Terry passed the ball and let Cahill in a very bad situation. Sure Cahill reacted a little slow and gave the chance for the Swansea player, but that was a clear foul. Terry should have passed to ball to Curtois, instead.

obvious and multiple fouls on him for me and anyone really.

However, and it is a big however, there was no reason to incur into that risk. There was no reason to wait and/or invite the pressure that caused it.

I don't think he's done it on purpose, nor was it a mental mishap. Rather, it was just Gary showing his technical limitations: it just took him a bit too long to fully control the football there. Smart players see that and exploit - it will happen again.

From this perspective, I like how the Czech football league is run. Here, the referees are not living in such a closed environment. They can be asked several questions after the game, be part of the post-match interviews etc. I would have a lot of questions for Mariner!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

From this perspective, I like how the Czech football league is run. Here, the referees are not living in such a closed environment. They can be asked several questions after the game, be part of the post-match interviews etc. I would have a lot of questions for Mariner!

Yep, it's like the FA consider referees some kind of gods who are perfect in every way and can do no wrong.

That kind of thinking only goes to stroke their inflated egos when they're already viewed as some sort of celebrities around the world and earn big amounts of money from refereeing so would only be fair they get criticized if they're absolute dog shit at their job.

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

I love this, but he's sooo getting banned:

He won't get banned. He made rational level headed comments without taking a dig at the ref here. You get banend only when you go too far like Mourinho and say they're purposefully making poor decisions.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

He won't get banned. He made rational level headed comments without taking a dig at the ref here. You get banend only when you go too far like Mourinho and say they're purposefully making poor decisions.

But it's the FA we are talking about here. They will find any stupid excuse to ban (or not to ban) players.

Our worst CB and it's not even close. Can't keep possession, has shit positioning, is afraid of tackling. Is there any other CB more limited than Cahill playing for a big club regularly?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Amblève. said:

Our worst CB and it's not even close. Can't keep possession, has shit positioning, is afraid of tackling. Is there any other CB more limited than Cahill playing for a big club regularly?

None , he won the lottery coming to Chelsea. Could be playing for Brighton right now, and not look out of place. He was dogshit at Bolton and he's dogshit now. Never had a top game in his life. Give him away for free

• Like 2