Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Gary Cahill

BlueLion.
Followers 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill posted a gif about the "incident" on his Twitter page, clearly with the intention of implying the ref was absolutely clueless not to call it a foul.

Just watch him now get banned for that by the FA and leave us with Luiz and Ivanovic at CB for Liverpool. :lol: 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

So I guess.. no Terry (left on crunches) and Cahill for Friday?

Yes, that's a foul but the situation could have been so easily avoid had Cahill just passed the ball. The situation happened because he fucked up with the pass. Maybe he should have apologized rather than blaming someone else!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Yes, that's a foul but the situation could have been so easily avoid had Cahill just passed the ball. The situation happened because he fucked up with the pass. Maybe he should have apologized rather than blaming someone else!

Maybe he had an out of body experience and thought he was Messi for a second.

Think this was a pretty stupid move from him. Aren't the FA ruthless when it comes to this kind of tweets/comments coming from the managers/players? They will fine him for sure, but a suspension is on the cards, too, I think. Anyone else thinking this would be a blessing in disguise though? Terry looks to be out for some time and with Cahill getting suspended (hopefully), it will give us the chance to reshape the defence. Ivanovic would be moved at centre back where he is definitely more comfortable and 10 times better than Cahill and Azpilicueta would take back his natural position.

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic David Luiz - Marcos Alonso

One can hope. 

• Like 1

He's shit, nothing new.

We were robbed by Mariner nothing new either, but he was rooted to receive the ball and then too slow to get rid of it.

Shit, nothing else to be added

• Like 1
1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Think this was a pretty stupid move from him. Aren't the FA ruthless when it comes to this kind of tweets/comments coming from the managers/players? They will fine him for sure, but a suspension is on the cards, too, I think. Anyone else thinking this would be a blessing in disguise though? Terry looks to be out for some time and with Cahill getting suspended (hopefully), it will give us the chance to reshape the defence. Ivanovic would be moved at centre back where he is definitely more comfortable and 10 times better than Cahill and Azpilicueta will take back his natural position.

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic David Luiz - Marcos Alonso

One can hope. 

I was just gonna write the same. If Terry and Cahill can't play against Liverpool this would be our back 4, no doubt about it. Not that we have any other options tbf.

It can be a blessing in disguise but it could be a total disaster too given the first game of this back 4 will be against a Liverpool with a very good attack under Klopp.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

I was just gonna write the same. If Terry and Cahill can't play against Liverpool this would be our back 4, no doubt about it. Not that we have any other options tbf.

It can be a blessing in disguise but it could be a total disaster too given the first game of this back 4 will be against a Liverpool with a very good attack under Klopp.

It's Liverpool, you know we're probably going to win it in style and then ask ourselves how the hell did we not win against Swansea who is definitely going to get thumped at Southampton. Some things never change. Liverpool score 4 at the Emirates, the scousers are up on their own arse talking trash again, then they go at Burnley and don't even score. Now they put 4 past Leicester, talk trash again, probably talk a lot more trash now after watching Chelsea's result, get pumped up saying how they must beat Chelsea and then next week they are probably going to go back to their usual state, maybe score one while getting beaten by Chelsea. Conte will have them firing from all cylinders on Friday, no matter it's a new defence playing together for the first time or not. It's this game today against Swansea that I am more frustrated about, should not have allowed them to get back in the game. 

I've said this before and will say it again. These refs are a protected species, you cannot say or do anything towards them, yet on the flip side if they get something major wrong they will still appear the following week.....Yet a player will not.

Refs don't learn from mistakes, if they did they would not keep repeating the same awful decisions.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't know if I should be relief or scared that Luiz is around.

Luiz may have his flaws, but his inclusion will help us play a more aggressive game like Italy did at the Euros. In that sense Zouma and Luiz partnership would be a good one, but the odd brain fart would be the cost.

Question we got to ask ourselfs is would it be worth it to see us impose ourselves more on the opposition, because at times especially vs West Ham our pressing and aggresion was top class but Antonio was weary of going full pelt due to our defenders.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I've said this before and will say it again. These refs are a protected species, you cannot say or do anything towards them, yet on the flip side if they get something major wrong they will still appear the following week.....Yet a player will not.

Refs don't learn from mistakes, if they did they would not keep repeating the same awful decisions.

It's hard when some would've called foul yet others wouldn't..which happened in this case. And guess Swansea have that argument as well with Costa. Someone else might have booked hin for diving there is and never seems to be constincey and yet nothing can be said as the player gets banned/club fined..ermmmm no!

Some get down a league which is wrong. They've messed up! Why get the chance to mess up another game.

A foul all day but can't hide away from the fact that he is fucking shite and a Grade A oxygen thief.

The amount of times a ball is passed towards him or Terry and they're caught on their heels is incredible. Awful awful ball playing CBs. Terry can hit a long ball, but it isn't much of a saving grace when he takes 20 seconds to turn and can't bring the ball forward to save his life.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

A foul all day but can't hide away from the fact that he is fucking shite and a Grade A oxygen thief.

The amount of times a ball is passed towards him or Terry and they're caught on their heels is incredible. Awful awful ball playing CBs. Terry can hit a long ball, but it isn't much of a saving grace when he takes 20 seconds to turn and can't bring the ball forward to save his life.

They are both really slow. They need at least one fast CB partnering them to play but absolutely can't start together. I really doubt either of them is going to be starting for us 3 or 4 months from now. Luiz and Zouma are both going to start. Both of them are more athletic than Cahill and Terry. If either Luiz or Zouma were starting I doubt we'd concede two goals today. 

• Like 1