Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Gary Cahill

BlueLion.
Followers 2

Surprised to see this thread being so quiet after the debacle yesterday. That tackle that led to City's penalty was just...something else. Utterly idiotic move.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill is a good BACK-UP Cb to have. He had an amazing tackle on Agüero and then that cock up. It's just him. Good, not great. Said it a million times, considering his price tag and the club he came from, he has definitely been great and his good to bad performances are a solid 70 to 30 percent.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Essien19 said:

World class finish but it's all about Hazard, lol.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Yep, have to admit that Cahill knows how to score goals.. now, get the fuck out of Chelsea

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Yep, have to admit that Cahill knows how to score goals.. now, get the fuck out of Chelsea

He loves a volley against Spurs.

• Like 1

Enjoyable game:Cahill

Gary Cahill says the players were pleased to be able to give our supporters an enjoyable night when we drew against Tottenham on Monday.

The unbeaten home record against the visitors, which stretches back to 1990, looked in serious danger of coming to an end before the two second-half goals - the first scored by Cahill - earned the Blues a point. It was the second time he has found the net against Spurs since joining in 2012. 

‘We showed a lot of determination, character and guts to come back into the game,’ said Cahill. ‘It’s maybe been lacking this year so that was pleasing because to go 2-0 down was difficult.

‘When we first went in at half-time it was a quiet atmosphere but then people didn’t want to accept the way the game was going. We came out nice and early ready to give everything in the second half.

‘It wasn’t a game to come and hide, you could sense the atmosphere and what was at stake. We wanted to give a performance for the fans and I’m sure they enjoyed it.’

Cahill’s goal, a close-range finish from a Willian corner, was undoubtedly the turning point and gave the home players and supporters a huge lift at a crucial time in the game.

‘It always means a lot when you score,’ said the defender. ‘It means a lot when you keep clean sheets but obviously at 2-0 down we needed to push on. We spoke at half-time and we knew the next goal was massive. If they get it, at 3-0 the game is over; if we get it then all of a sudden there are a few nerves kicking about.

‘In the second half we pushed them back and created a lot but of course it was great to get a goal.’

Hazard was superb after coming on at half-time and Cahill praised his team-mate for his performance and goal.

‘What a finish that was, an incredible goal,’ he said. ‘I asked him at half-time to change the game for us and I think he did that. He came on and showed what a good player he is.’

It was a fiery contest played at a frenetic speed from start to finish, with Tottenham having had nine players booked by the end of the game.

For Cahill, however, the competitive nature of the match simply came down to both teams desperately wanting to win.

‘The game was fantastic, it was played at an unbelievable pace, the fastest game I’ve played in a long time,’ he added. ‘As well as the tackles and everything that went with it the quality was there as well, so I loved playing in it.

‘It was a proper game, a local derby. Obviously we knew the club wanted to win the game, we know how much it means to the fans and even before you got a sense of the atmosphere even in the dressing room. We were buzzing to get out there and get going and I’m sure they were the same. It boiled over at times because of what was at stake.

‘We came in at the end of the game and everyone had calmed down, emotions had settled down and that was it.’

chelseafc.com

• Like 1

I think he could be more helpful in attack, than in defence. He has some impressive strikes and I love them :D
An interesting fact: All his 4 goals this season has been scored with his foot.

• 2 weeks later...

England choose Cahill for provisional Euro squad

Gary Cahill has today (Monday) been named in a 26-man provisional England squad for this summer's European Championships.

Roy Hodgson’s vice-captain is one of seven defenders chosen in the initial list of 26 which will have to be whittled down to 23 by 31 May.

England will play Russia, Wales and Slovakia in the group stage of next month's tournament in France. There are friendly games before then against Turkey, Australia and Portugal. 

The participating nations have until 31 May to submit their final squad of 23.

The full 26-man squad is:

Joe Hart-Fraser Forster-Tom Heaton-Nathaniel Clyne-Kyle Walker-Gary Cahill-Chris Smalling-John Stones-Ryan Bertrand-Danny Rose-Dele Alli-Ross Barkley-Fabian Delph-Eric Dier-Danny Drinkwater-Jordan Henderson-Adam Lallana-James Milner-Raheem Sterling-Andros Townsend-Jack Wilshere-Harry Kane-Marcus Rashford-Wayne Rooney-Daniel Sturridge-Jamie Vardy

chelseafc.com

We are going to need to score a lot of goals at this Euro's, that defence will ship goals for fun I'm telling you.

England and Chelsea need better than Gary Cahill and also Wayne Rooney for that matter.

• Like 1
On 4/19/2016 at 1:24 PM, LondonsFinest said:

Cahill is a good BACK-UP Cb to have. He had an amazing tackle on Agüero and then that cock up. It's just him. Good, not great. Said it a million times, considering his price tag and the club he came from, he has definitely been great and his good to bad performances are a solid 70 to 30 percent.

The problem with CB's is the bad matches are more visible than good matches. He's a good backup, and with a more solid unit, he can be an even better backup. Plus, he helps with the number of English players in the squad, something that needs to improve. Unless someone wants to give a good offer for him, I say keep him.

• Like 2

Something to build upon

‘The season was not good at all, it was obviously disappointing and it didn’t go to plan for us,’ said Cahill, ‘but all we can do now is go again next season.‘We know it is unacceptable for a club like Chelsea to have a season like we have had this year. We take this bad taste in the mouth into next year because we don’t want to have it again. We don’t want to have a period of playing football matches for nothing. It is the worst feeling ever so we need to remember this time. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and we need to be stronger for this.’

Cahill will be England’s vice-captain in France next month having missed the Euros four years ago with a broken jaw. Roy Hodgson’s side play a warm-up friendly on Sunday against Turkey in Manchester.

chelseafc.com

1.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...