Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Gary Cahill


BlueLion.
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joke. He has always been a joke, I didn't understand people who were saying he is actually good and disagree with that he is an avarage CB who should play in small teams.
Championship will suit him well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Essien19 said:

He was captain and guided his team to victory against the world Champions, not a bad night, was it Gary?

What do you think?

Had a solid game which is why this thread after the match is quiet. A lot of people revel in seeing Cahill have a bad game to take the piss and that is the sad truth. It was his great interception from Ozil that lead to the goal for Vardy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stats said:

A lot of people revel in seeing Cahill have a bad game to take the piss and that is the sad truth

Boy it really is a day of cliches around here:chai:.

I don't think anyone 'revels' in seeing Cahill have a bad game. So he did well? Does that deserve a discussion in the pointlessness of that game? No-one ever said Cahill wasn't an able defender, he did what you'd expect of any defender at that level of the game. Does this somehow make him an extraordinary player? No. 

Bertrand Traore played in Burkian Faso's win, should we also discuss that? How about Trevor Chabolah captaining England u17 side?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stats said:

Had a solid game which is why this thread after the match is quiet. A lot of people revel in seeing Cahill have a bad game to take the piss and that is the sad truth. It was his great interception from Ozil that lead to the goal for Vardy.

Was massively át fault for germanys second. Maybe solid for his standards

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Boy it really is a day of cliches around here:chai:.

I don't think anyone 'revels' in seeing Cahill have a bad game. So he did well? Does that deserve a discussion in the pointlessness of that game? No-one ever said Cahill wasn't an able defender, he did what you'd expect of any defender at that level of the game. Does this somehow make him an extraordinary player? No. 

Bertrand Traore played in Burkian Faso's win, should we also discuss that? How about Trevor Chabolah captaining England u17 side?

Yes, they do. You only have to look at the comments to see how little people rate him. I remember I used to point it out last season too, that people too often remembered his 'bad' games however the amount of games he was solid in went ignored or people would say that it is down to Terry being in the team. You only have to look at Jason's post (from another source) to see the mockery about Cahill when in reality it is a proud achievement for himself and should be for us to that he captained England.

And for the record before you make a stupid comment about Traore or Chalobah, I never said people should be dicussing Cahill's 'great' performance. I said he was solid but pointed out the fact that the thread is quiet is because before the game a lot of people probably would have thought he would not have been able to handle the attacking threat of Germany but he did not look out of place at all and people were probably waiting to take the piss out of his performance like they did the other day after Everton game but he done well.

3 hours ago, lucio said:

Was massively át fault for germanys second. Maybe solid for his standards

The ball was inch-perfect tbh. Agreed slightly but the ball was so spot-on, I think it woudl be harsh to label him solely at fault. However that being said, him or Johnson did not cover themselves in glory there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stats said:

Had a solid game which is why this thread after the match is quiet. A lot of people revel in seeing Cahill have a bad game to take the piss and that is the sad truth. It was his great interception from Ozil that lead to the goal for Vardy.

If he stayed as a squad player which he was what he was signed for initially I doubt many would critisise him, but do some bewildering reason along the way he became an untouchable so he will get judged on those standards, an quite frankly he isn't good enough to start at Chelsea.

Good squad option, but hopefully Conte signs Bonnuci and recalls Andreas and well and truly makes Cahill being an automatic selection a thing of the past.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
If he stayed as a squad player which he was what he was signed for initially I doubt many would critisise him, but do some bewildering reason along the way he became an untouchable so he will get judged on those standards, an quite frankly he isn't good enough to start at Chelsea.

Good squad option, but hopefully Conte signs Bonnuci and recalls Andreas and well and truly makes Cahill being an automatic selection a thing of the past.

But it's not on him that the club wasn't able to buy a superieur player in his position. Furthermore he is earning good money, but he is far away from our so-called superstars. Clearly Cahill made mistakes, especially during this season so far, but he is not the main culprit, imo.

He doesn't talk shit in the media about anyone, i think he always tries, could be the case that he really likes it here.

My point is, especially in the recent months the criticism has often gone to far. Yes, next season he could find himself more often on the bench, but if some others deserve a second chance, so does Cahill.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mistakes... Culprit...

they aren't the reason Cahill is insufficient. It's not like Kompany makes fewer mistakes, but that he adds more to his side than Cahill does.

how they defend also matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...