Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

ya i am pretty sure you were not. :wank2: :wank2:

anyways enjoy your stay here, my prediciton is you would be supporting barca by the end of the summer. :getin: :getin: :getin:

lol

there are a million of other things more likely to change: job, wife, car (in this order)

I've been supporting Chelsea since pre-abra time (Hasselbaink was the ST). I can support Mikel and other *decent* players as I'm used to it.

And Barcelona of all things... crap there is no 'vomit' emoticon... or Spain...

Bayern would have more chance, since it's where my ancestors came from (that area). They wear red though, which is just unfortunate.

so... nope Chelsea it is. B)

TPTB, I think everyone agrees CG is indeed doing a fine job.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that having watched Gary Cahill playing recently he has really grown into this Chelsea side. I have been of the opinion that he was a better defender than Luiz, and that Luiz should and would play better as a DM. So I am now a very happy camper to see that Jose has finally listened to me :blush: and employed him as such.

But Gary Cahill has really benefitted from a run in the side alongside John Terry. I think that he has grown in confidence and I seriously think he will be a Chelsea stalwart for a good few seasons to come. And Luiz likewise........but as a defensive midfielder :D

Hugely impressed with his performances of late. He's been good all season but has really stepped it up in recent months.

There has never been serious doubt as to whether he could defend but some questioned his composure and ability on the ball - now he shows maturity in his passing, bringing the ball out of defence and reading of the game.

I've felt that he now seems to take charge of the back 4, when it comes to attacking the ball and taking it out of defense...

When Luiz and Cahill used to pair up in the past, there was always some indecisiveness from the two, resulting in a clueless defense. Now they do look like a proper CB pairing, and that's a relief when JT needs to be rested.

I must say, there was a period (around November) where I was extremely critical of Cahill's lack of decisiveness, but in the past couple months, he was really impressed me, especially with that heroic display at City. It just goes to show that a top class manager really can transform initially average players into absolutely world beaters, given the right system and time to adapt.

If it's a strain, we're looking at 7-10 days out. If it's a pull, depending on the severity, it'll be a little longer, maybe two weeks. If it's a tear... well, it could be up to six weeks, but the fact he came back onto the pitch makes me think it is either of the first two options. With these footballers these days and the medical facilities available, I think we're looking at two weeks. Educated guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Player of the season? I would be tempted to say Hazard, but he wasn't anything close to great until December. Cahill has been a 7/10 performer all season long.

Totally agree.

Infact I would say both haxard n azpi should be considered before GC despite his brilliant form

Him and JT are such a superb partnership and they compliment each other nicely. Cahill does a lot of JT's running for him but still manages to get back and make those last-ditch tackles. He's been key to Terry coming back to his best and might actually get a couple more seasons of service out of JT simply through taking that workload off him.

What has been disappointing is the lack of a screamer at the other end. But that's literally the only thing I can fault him for and he really does deserve some recognition for what he's done come the end of the season.