Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out off all the improvements Mourinho would make, i didn't see this one coming.

Really? I maybe didn't see this coming but it comes as no surprise to me. Just look at the influence he had on JT, arguably the greatest English defender of the modern era.

Out off all the improvements Mourinho would make, i didn't see this one coming.

Tbf, Garry always had the physical and technical ability to be a world-class defender, he just lacked the decision making and reading of the game at times. But he's really worked on that this season and you can see him improving on it with every passing month this season. So, credit to him. He's been outstanding recently and had his best performance in blue shirt yesterday.

The system is helping him and he's been helping himself by showing excellent anticipation and being more proactive. The best defenders are the ones who either intercept, or make the tackle before the opponent has the time to control the football. That was what I disliked the most about him before - he'd wait and wait and sometimes even backtrack into our own box. Not anymore as he is been very dynamic and proactive. His passing can still be improved as it isn't at the same level of JT.

The fact the system is helping him with a deep defense line is only relevant for a potential buyer (and perhaps England). For Chelsea, he's been actually better than John Terry lately. JT who btw sometimes seems to be lacking pace and mobility. I can certainly see Jose resting Terry for the big matches like yesterday (City).

I think he's also underrated on the ball, obviously not as good as Luiz, but he does seem comfortable with it. He doesnt just kick the ball out of play if pressured, he tries to look for one of our players.

Cahill is our best defender, gary fucking cahill... honestly when we signed him I thought he'll be a squad player at best, credit to him. He's improved so much even rival fans are givig him praise.

A few months ago that new deal seemed a bit extreme, but now I'm all for it.

About time he gets a 100,000+ weekly wage.

Can't believe Azpi's earning less than McEachran and Chalobah.

About time he gets a 100,000+ weekly wage.

Can't believe Azpi's earning less than McEachran and Chalobah.

Damn shame. Know what's worse? Marco Reus earns just a little over half of what Ashely Young does a week.