The "Second" signing

6 months after Gourlay teased us with his "Threesome in Bangkok, AVB is now talking about a possible second signing,

'Apart from the central defender, we might get one more player in but I am not sure yet.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2571535,00.html

That was on Monday.

Now, on Thursday, its suddenly

'There has been no bid from Chelsea for Lille's Eden Hazard and Villas-Boas doesn't anticipate further new signings.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2574763,00.html

So what has changed or he is just down playing expectations?

I suspect the latter.

I'm pretty sure that Chelsea is trying to make a definite first team signing to come in and make a contribution right from the off. So that excludes your De Bruynes etc.

I'm also sure that big money is there for the right player and that the club is willing to over pay what AVB considers to be the top price. Remember his comments about Modrics offer?

My evidence is this

Vargas's recent statements, along with Pastore from last season.

Hell, I even believe that we did make an enquiry about Di Maria and Hazard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...aria-move.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-vargas-napoli

But I agree with AVB. Finding the right quality player who can come in and make, not only a difference right now, but improve the squad for the future and for the right price and wages, is a very tall order.

And not just in January.

Although theres no doubt we need that sort of player now, never mind being cup tied for the CL.

I dont think the Neymours of this world will ever come here, only to Barca and RM. We just cant attract a certain type of player. Then theres the type just below that always seem to go to Bayern or Inter etc.

But there are very good players out there that we just have to scrap with City and PSG for, and I think Hazard could be one of those those.

So what type of player is AVB looking for?

Hopefully a winger or a playmaker as the recent Vargas bid points to.

(A right back can wait!)

Whoever it is, Its going to be a long and frustrating couple of weeks, but in AVB\Gourlay we must trust based on Mata and Romeu.

One man went to Mow!

favicon_32.ico

Drag this to your Windows taskbar to enable special IE9 Features.close

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB is pursuing a winger. Anelka left and so far we've seen that Andre doesn't have a lot of confidence in Kalou. Recent bids for Vargas and Di Maria prove this and I like the way he's been thinking.

I'm not optimistic about Hazard deal but you never know...it's not going to happen unles you try it.

What I hope that it doesn't happen is that we sign another 18-19 year old and dump him in the reserves, loan him out or put him on the bench...(except if they are Neymar, Sergi Roberto and Gotze :ph34r: )

Hazard is so good, I can't believe Belgium produced such a talent. Only question will remain: are Ligue 1 defenders more lenient than PL defenders. If Chelsea signs Hazard, even him will need time to adjust to the English top-level.

You have Lukaku as leverage, and if we sign Thorgan Hazard (his little brother, who's also VERY talented and can develop on loan/at reserves) you have even more leverage!

PS: Thorgan made 8 goals in 17 appearances for Belgium U19 squad as a midfielder. He's also getting his first first-team appearances at his club Lens.

What I hope that it doesn't happen is that we sign another 18-19 year old and dump him in the reserves, loan him out or put him on the bench...(except if they are Neymar, Sergi Roberto and Gotze :ph34r: )

:delight: made my day. I wouldnt be suprised if even players like gotze would be loaned out to other teams to gain premier league experience.... so sad to see chelsea transfer actions in recent years..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You