Kaká

the wes

@henrique Well, you're prob right different countrys styles might Differ in how they define a position. I think I get where youre coming from, but a a defensive midfielder would "hold" in front of the back four and occasionally drop in when one of the fullbacks surges forward. They usually don't get into the final third often...i remember that brazil often fielded two defensive midfielders as theres so much creativity to work with among the forward players. but I think they were given more freedom to roam, if I'm not mistaken.

Actually in Brazil we call DM "volates". It doesnt matter if you play a more defensive role, like Mikel or if you has a more agressive aproach. Mikel would be callen 1st volante, and Remires 2nd volante.

Actually nowadays in Brazil some people believe that every team need at least 2 DM, or they will get too much defensive. Its killing brazilian football. Today we played with Ganso - Ramires - Lucas. How you expect creativity with 2/3 of the mid composed by Lucas and Ramires ?

I think thats is our problem in the mid. Barcelona has Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. Xavi is a playmaker, and Iniesta has also the skills to attack, disarm, defend, give good paces and score goals. The best we could do last season was Lampard - Essien - Ramires or Lampard - Mikel - Essien. This mid is so bad, it lacks the creativity, thats why in many games getting the ball in the mid and trying to create things. For a guy that is not a mid or a playmaker, he did a decent job.

Lampard - Makelele - Ballack wasnt the most creative mid in the world, but it was good, because Makelele knew how to disarm, has good passes and was really quick with the ball, Ballack and Lampard had the physical power and they knew how distribute the ball in the mid when we were attacking and had quick responses to the counter-atacks. It was also a heavy mid.

Our current mid is not creative and is competent as it was with Lampard - Makele - Ballack or with Lampard - Makelele - Thiago/Essien.

If Boas want to play in a 4-3-3, our mid is good enough if we are going to play atacking football, and is not good enough if we are going to have a more pragmatic approach. In a 4-3-3 system you must have the right players and they must be really good. Lampard is 33 years old, is not playing world class anymore, he cant be a starting XI next season. Essien is an injury prone and it seems his best days belong to the past.

If we are going to play in a 4-3-3 system, I think that a mid with Lampard - Parker - Modric would be decent enough to fight for CL trophy. If we want more we should look for someone to replace Lampard. Im not only talking about big names. Im talking about the old days when players like Lampard and Terry were barely known around the world and become world classes under the right manager for that time. Im sure the are some players like that around the world.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough I know how much you dislike mikel lol were getting off topic tho, this is a kaka thread. We can debate on modrics. But Ill conclude this with I do think modric would unlock a lot of what the team missed last season.

Actually in Brazil we call DM "volates". It doesnt matter if you play a more defensive role, like Mikel or if you has a more agressive aproach. Mikel would be callen 1st volante, and Remires 2nd volante.

Actually nowadays in Brazil some people believe that every team need at least 2 DM, or they will get too much defensive. Its killing brazilian football. Today we played with Ganso - Ramires - Lucas. How you expect creativity with 2/3 of the mid composed by Lucas and Ramires ?

I think thats is our problem in the mid. Barcelona has Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. Xavi is a playmaker, and Iniesta has also the skills to attack, disarm, defend, give good paces and score goals. The best we could do last season was Lampard - Essien - Ramires or Lampard - Mikel - Essien. This mid is so bad, it lacks the creativity, thats why in many games getting the ball in the mid and trying to create things. For a guy that is not a mid or a playmaker, he did a decent job.

Lampard - Makelele - Ballack wasnt the most creative mid in the world, but it was good, because Makelele knew how to disarm, has good passes and was really quick with the ball, Ballack and Lampard had the physical power and they knew how distribute the ball in the mid when we were attacking and had quick responses to the counter-atacks. It was also a heavy mid.

Our current mid is not creative and is competent as it was with Lampard - Makele - Ballack or with Lampard - Makelele - Thiago/Essien.

If Boas want to play in a 4-3-3, our mid is good enough if we are going to play atacking football, and is not good enough if we are going to have a more pragmatic approach. In a 4-3-3 system you must have the right players and they must be really good. Lampard is 33 years old, is not playing world class anymore, he cant be a starting XI next season. Essien is an injury prone and it seems his best days belong to the past.

If we are going to play in a 4-3-3 system, I think that a mid with Lampard - Parker - Modric would be decent enough to fight for CL trophy. If we want more we should look for someone to replace Lampard. Im not only talking about big names. Im talking about the old days when players like Lampard and Terry were barely known around the world and become world classes under the right manager for that time. Im sure the are some players like that around the world.

Agree with that the fact our 4-3-3 needs only one holding mid at a time, and other two need to be attacking...Don't agree with you current choice of players though...

Concerning the 4-3-3 system.

Frank Lampard / Nasri (AM) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Kaka / Modric / Sneijder / Yossi (Creative)

John Obi Mikel / Ramires / De Rossi (DM / Box-To-Box)

Yay or Nay?

as I've said often:

Mikel + another DM for competition and because of ESS injury

Ramy + another Box to box because of ESS injury (NO Box-to-Box and DM ISN'T the same position at all)

1 Creative Midfielder + Lamps + Josh... we needed only a creative midfielder who would've taked lamps spot who is ageing and not the same lamps anymore, we need his fresh legs

Mikel: Defensive Cover and Game-Speed dictateing with wonderfull skills

Ramy: road runner just carry the ball he receives from an tackle or a mikel pass in to the opponents half

Creative CM: just... creates....

thats all...

if we want to play with 2 DMs we have no chance but to play with Mikeal and Mellis/Kaby because of Essiens Injury, and NO Ramy isn't a DM at ALL...

Concerning the 4-3-3 system.

Frank Lampard / Nasri (AM) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Kaka / Modric / Sneijder / Yossi (Creative)

John Obi Mikel / Ramires / De Rossi (DM / Box-To-Box)

Yay or Nay?

OFF-TOPIC:

Its ok except for Rambo in holding position....I don't think he'll cut it as the sole holding mid...

The question is do we actually need another box-to-box mid...Previously the Mikel( DM) and Ramires (b2b) roles were taken on in a on-man show by Essien..This gave room to incorporate an extra attacking mid in 4-3-3..

Now since we won't be having that kind of luxury for a while, I think we should forget about that kind of role and concentrate on just going for the creative mid. Hopefully this new mid will also be a b2b (highly unlikely). If he isn't, we just use Ramires as and when the situation calls for it...

OFF-TOPIC:

Its ok except for Rambo in holding position....I don't think he'll cut it as the sole holding mid...

The question is do we actually need another box-to-box mid...Previously the Mikel( DM) and Ramires (b2b) roles were taken on in a on-man show by Essien..This gave room to incorporate an extra attacking mid in 4-3-3..

Now since we won't be having that kind of luxury for a while, I think we should forget about that kind of role and concentrate on just going for the creative mid. Hopefully this new mid will also be a b2b (highly unlikely). If he isn't, we just use Ramires as and when the situation calls for it...

Hey I'm just following the flow. Everyone else is talking about it...

With current news stating that Kaka may be our second choice afted Modric, I have put a lot of thought into it.

Kaka is much in the same position as Torres. Niggling injuries have cut down on playing time in the last season. However when Kaka does start at Real Madrid he usually plays like he did at Mila. I just don't think he is playing in the right system at Madrid under Jose Mourinho or even playing in the right position. If he were to join Chelsea, he may just mesh in with AVB's style of attacking football unlike Mourinho's 'Catenaccio' style.

I may be relentlessy optimistic about it but, if he does join I could easily 20+ starts with 5-10 goals and 10+ assists. Which would be terrific for Kaka showing the form is temporary and class is permanent.

I know he is getting old, but 3-4 years may be all we need to groom Josh into a starting postion as a deep lying playmaker. At that time Kaka would be 32-33 and Josh would be 21-22. It could be a gamble but Caesar gambled when he crossed the Rubicon, did he not?

The die would be cast as it were.

With current news stating that Kaka may be our second choice afted Modric, I have put a lot of thought into it.

Kaka is much in the same position as Torres.

I think you hit the nail right there.

We're already struggling with one such player. Adding another at the same time isn't exactly a good idea.

A change of scenery might be what Kaka needs to get back to the player he was. Is it the system at Real or has he just slipped in his play?

His knee injuries have slowed him down a tad but he sitll a very intelligent footballer. Kaka essentially is a SS/Creative AM and is better when he is playing in the hole and as the main driving point between the MF and the Fowards. At Real he pretty much plays as one of 4 players that can link the MF to the Foward in this case.

When Cristiano, Xabi, Angel Di Maria and Kaka are all playing the 'Creative Attacking' roles, only one is going to come out on top and it is Cristiano.

fuck off daily mirror and fuck off real madrid, we aint taking your cast offs

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You