Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Of course they would. If you're talking about a player's long career you're going to show his last game, if you're talking about his goal record you're going to show his last goal. Now, both will be with him captaining City.

If you are going to narrow the moment down like that then yes it will be in a City shirt obviously. But if you generalise his career, as a documentary would, it would all be Chelsea shirts and Chelsea trophies.

At the end of the day is that 2-3m net worth it over another BPL title? I am sure Frank will be asking himself this question for maybe the rest of his life in private. Sure he might point that money put food on the table and put his kids to uni, but with him being worth like 20m+ now is it REALLY WORTH IT over the BPL title he would have won has he chosen to stay for at least 1 season on much lesser wages?

Anyway now he is leaving BPL for good I just hope the people still hating him to stop and accept he is one of us. He made choices and I am sure he has some regret about it whether he will ever admit it or not, the only difference between Lampard and Drogba 2012 was that one went a direct rival while the other went to a Eastern Europe country.

People on here don't mind that Lampard completely lied to us and moved to City in the sneakiest way possible then? Because you didn't like that, you're automatically branded a Lampard hater and automatically you're ungrateful for everything he's done at the club.

Ridiculous really.

Even if he might have erred by not being open about his move to City, is he really beyond any form of forgiveness? I guess its ok to be angry with him for that, but I can't understand posts that tell Frank to buzz off just because he recollected his glory days with Chelsea. That's just silly and ridiculous. He has more rights to that Chelsea CL win than anyone on this forum.

If you are going to narrow the moment down like that then yes it will be in a City shirt obviously. But if you generalise his career, as a documentary would, it would all be Chelsea shirts and Chelsea trophies.

Of course they would. If you're talking about a player's long career you're going to show his last game, if you're talking about his goal record you're going to show his last goal. Now, both will be with him captaining City.

Who cares? nothing should care us less if he is known to the rest of his life as a City legend. He loses, not us. Let City have his false legend. We have other legends of which to be proud.

I'm not narrowing it down or taking away from the trophies he won here. I'm saying that is what is going to happen and every time I (or I assume most Chelsea fans) see that, I'm going to cringe, shake my head and get angry at Frank for choosing this for very little gains.

CFyX9iJWMAAzmI-.jpg

Smh

That's just....WONG! :fainthv9:

City are intentionally trying to tarnish his Chelsea image and legacy and he is happily allowing it!

I'm not narrowing it down or taking away from the trophies he won here. I'm saying that is what is going to happen and every time I (or I assume most Chelsea fans) see that, I'm going to cringe, shake my head and get angry at Frank for choosing this for very little gains.

I don't think it will though. I seriously believe in 5, 10, 20 years time, when people talk about Frank Lampard, they will talk about Chelsea.