Frank Lampard

DavidEU

So City built a new football club to massage Frank's ego so it didn't make it look as if he was betraying his past loyalties? I thought Lampard was supposed to be an intelligent person, did he think no-one would find out?

I want to make it completely clear about my situation as I have read a lot of lies and nonsense over the last few days. When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play in NYCFC for two years starting January 1st 2015. I was then offered the chance to train and be part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going into New York.This period has since been extended by Man City and I now will start playing for NYCFC at the end of this current Premier League season. There has always been a constant dialogue between all parties in this time to find the best solution for everyone. I can say that I am very excited about arriving in New York and giving everything to the team to make us a success in the MLS as soon as possible. Thanks everyone for your ongoing support and I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2015!

B65wEJ-CcAELO-C.png

The statement above was tweeted/shared by Oliver Kay of the Times...

A lot of lies, yeah. Like "I won't play for another Premier League club" or this loan bullshit.
What a coward. He's trying to please everyone and looking for new excuses. Show your cojones, Frank.

B65wEJ-CcAELO-C.png

The statement above was tweeted/shared by Oliver Kay of the Times...

Yeah, right, Frank. Doesn't make a sense at all to extend his stay at the club he joined only to "keep myself in the best shape." BS. A liar and a coward.

Guys, it's not a loophole and it's not illegal. Let me break down how it happened and why you and others are confused:

On December 31st, City and Frank removed the break clause in his one year contract with City thus allowing him to stay in Manchester till the end of the season. The already upset NYFC fans got even more upset when the BBC revealed that he never even had a contract with them and went looking for proof, only to find that he was never registered in the wage bill for NYFC to begin with.

So, to try and save some face, the MSL and the NYFC claimed that he had signed for the MC franchise (the company that owns both teams) and that he was loaned by it to City. But the EPL does not allow third-party ownership and came investigating at City only to find out that Frank had signed with City, the club, from the beginning so there was no infringement of EPL rules.

All City did was sign a (devious) free agent on a season long contract. The rest of the charade was simply a publicity stunt to sell some NYFC season tickets and Lampard shirts and for Frank to try to preserve his public image and marketability.

What's baffling is that MLS didn't consider that third party is prohibited in England and ivestigation would follow on those claims thus exposing what they were trying to hide. Either stupid or there is more to it than is being told.

What's baffling is that MLS didn't consider that third party is prohibited in England and ivestigation would follow on those claims thus exposing what they were trying to hide. Either stupid or there is more to it than is being told.

The one who maid claims of the third party ownership was not even from the NYFC board, but the director of the MLS or something like that who was 'defending' the reputation of his league in the media. Given that third party ownership is allowed in the US and various European countries, I'd think he likely didn't know it was not allowed in England. Probably just stupid, if you ask me.

EDIT: They've backed themselves into a corner they were always going to end up in, imo. How they or Frank thought that the truth would not come out, is beyond me!

Bullshit.

He'd have announced it at the start of the season if that was the case. It's him trying to cover his back.

Of course it's bullshit. If he was planing on just staying fit with City, he would have signed a contract with NYFC, not a "commitment" ( :lol: ). He also wouldn't have signed a year-long contract with City. The statement literally explains nothing.