Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I don't think AVB managed Lampard that badly. Look at him at Spurs, has anyone complained about their relationship with him yet in the manner Lamps did after he was sacked?

On hindsight, anyone would say that. He would have learned from his mistakes from his time and obviously not repeating it at Spurs.

On hindsight, anyone would say that. He would have learned from his mistakes from his time and obviously not repeating it at Spurs.

Yes but also the fact Lampard seems to be the only one who complained about their relationship with AVB is also odd haha. Either the rest of them weren't big babies and cried about it like Lampard or their relationships were actually ok with AVB.

Lets not start assuming anything yet, even if it is true, things can change incredibly quickly and deals can be made at a later date etc. If he was to leave it would be a shame but he would always be a legend and a hero of mine. I would love him to stay so much but if he wants to go abroad then you cannot say he hasn't given everything to this club and has achieved every domestic competition possible with us.

I don't think AVB managed Lampard that poorly as its made out tbh. Look at AVB at Spurs, nobody has reported about his apparent achilles heel (man management) yet. Same with Porto nobody ever said his man management was a problem. I think there's blame on both sides, AVB not using him as much as he perhaps thought he could have (and the fact results went against us without him) and Lampard being annoyed and spitting the dummy out.

I'd agree with you maybe if it were just Lampard, but a lot of players had problems with AVB. Alex and Anelka were banished from practicing with the first team. Cole was upset. I'm sure other players were also not happy. Porto is different because it's a much smaller club where managers can come in and do sort of what they want. The single most important thing about managing top clubs is managing players. That is, communicating properly, explaining things, massaging egos, etc...AVB didn't think he had to do that. He's a smart guy. I think he learned his lesson.

Yes but also the fact Lampard seems to be the only one who complained about their relationship with AVB is also odd haha. Either the rest of them weren't big babies and cried about it like Lampard or their relationships were actually ok with AVB.

Did he actually complain about their relationship? He only told the media what was probably the truth anyway when they asked him.

Some people are too gullible to believe what the media wrote and how they portrayed the relationship between Lampard and AVB back then.

I'd agree with you maybe if it were just Lampard, but a lot of players had problems with AVB. Alex and Anelka were banished from practicing with the first team. Cole was upset. I'm sure other players were also not happy. Porto is different because it's a much smaller club where managers can come in and do sort of what they want. The single most important thing about managing top clubs is managing players. That is, communicating properly, explaining things, massaging egos, etc...AVB didn't think he had to do that. He's a smart guy. I think he learned his lesson.

I believe Anelka and Alex were banished from practicing with the first team because they had handed in transfer requests and he believed this was the right way to keep them from distracting others in the team.

Lampard would probably have accepted a squad player role had AVB managed him and the other senior players for that matter better than he did.

Oh come on Jason, that's more sentimental than logical. Lamps is a smart guy and a professional, he shouldn't need someone to message his ego in order for him to do what's best for the team.

I don't think AVB managed Lampard that poorly as its made out tbh. Look at AVB at Spurs, nobody has reported about his apparent achilles heel (man management) yet. Same with Porto nobody ever said his man management was a problem. I think there's blame on both sides, AVB not using him as much as he perhaps thought he could have (and the fact results went against us without him) and Lampard being annoyed and spitting the dummy out.

I don't want to get into what happened back then, but that's hardly something to blame AVB over, he was hired to make such calls and he did.

let´s hope that is not fucking true. i have never seen that name his agent. but if is it true, i will kill mysefl. who will left then? Drogba Out, Lam... Only JT and Cech stay. it´s not our Chelsea

Yeah, I think thats a bit extreme, don't you think? I meaning ending your life becuase of a multi-million earning footballer who will you will probably never met in real life?

Oh come on Jason, that's more sentimental than logical. Lamps is a smart guy and a professional, he shouldn't need someone to message his ego in order for him to do what's best for the team.

Sentimental? Think some people are completely overlooking the failure of AVB in terms of his man-management and the importance of managing the players in the right manner.

Sentimental? Think some people are completely overlooking the failure of AVB in terms of his man-management and the importance of managing the players in the right manner.

I would understand if it were a youngster we were talking about. But it's a top professional who should understand that the manager gets to pick the team not him. Are you saying that all Frank needed was someone to lie to him and tell him he is still important to the team while he is being benched? Frank is too smart for that.

Anyway, I don't want to criticize Frank now, let's just say that was his lowest point in a Chelsea shirt.

Yeah, I think thats a bit extreme, don't you think? I meaning ending your life becuase of a multi-million earning footballer who will you will probably never met in real life?

yes, i explained later, you can see if you want. Of course not, I am not Idiot, just it will be very frustrating, Lamps is my football idol for 8 years, he done so much to this club, he deserves more <_<

It's such an awkward situation. On one hand he is probably the greatest player ever to play for this football club and an absolute legend. Regardless of his roots he's a 'Chelsea boy' and as we've all known for years will be simply irreplaceable in terms of his goal scoring from a midfield position.

However, on the other hand we need to move on eventually from what was a golden generation at the club. If the club goes out in the summer and buys a truly world class central midfielder at the peak of his powers can we really moan about that?!

One thing for sure is I would love to see Lampard break the goal record. It's a big ask now, but 4-5 penalties whilst he's on the pitch and he might well get near it!

Similar to Drogba, it would be justice if Lampard were to leave the club on as big a possible high - a last minute winner in the FA Cup or Europa League final to make it to 203 goals anyone?!

Oh my god, I'm listening to Talksport and actually agreeing with Jason Cundy. He says that neither Chelsea or Lampard owe anything to each other becuase Chelsea paid handsomely for Lampard annd Lampard help Chelsea win goals, and the contract is legally at its end.

I would understand if it were a youngster we were talking about. But it's a top professional who should understand that the manager gets to pick the team not him. Are you saying that all Frank needed was someone to lie to him and tell him he is still important to the team while he is being benched? Frank is too smart for that.

Anyway, I don't want to criticize Frank now, let's just say that was his lowest point in a Chelsea shirt.

Regardless, the manager still needs to communicate properly with the players like it or not. Lampard has been a regular starter for us in the years before last season, no manager including AVB should come in and just toss him out like that. At least talk to him and explain the reasons why he wants to drop him. Lampard's still human after all and given what he has contributed, it's normal for him to feel unease with AVB if he's going to treat him like a toy.