Frank Lampard

DavidEU

The period of Lamps's absence (in which we won only one of 8 games) is an early sign of the longstanding darkness that awaits the club after his departure. You do not win anything without leaders (except maybe inGerman football, as there are no leaders whatsoever, but they have to give the trophies to someone).

Based on facts, there is no-one who can replace him yet, neither footballingwise nor characterwise. At this point some people often use arguments like "De bruyne looks awesome", "Oscar can play in the double pivot" or my favourite " Mata is on course to a 25 goals 30 assists season. this is all utter BS. We do not know whether de Bruyne will even make a game for us again,w e do not know if he could fulfill his potential here, we do not know if Oscar can be only a fracture of the player Lamps was for us for over a decade. And the most ridiculous argument ever is this "Mata is on course to score 25 goals bla bla". Well, he also was last season in January. But you know what, we entered the crucial time of the season, suddenly his goals and assists began to dry up, his performances went downhill. So I could also say, mata is on course to be outscored by Lamps once again.

Lamps, Drogs are natural born leaders, big game players, Oscar, mata, hazard are not.

And the most ridiculous argument ever is this "Mata is on course to score 25 goals bla bla". Well, he also was last season in January. But you know what, we entered the crucial time of the season, suddenly his goals and assists began to dry up, his performances went downhill. So I could also say, mata is on course to be outscored by Lamps once again.

I made that point, and I think you're totally wrong. You suggest that Mata went downhill in the second-half of the season. I haven't actually checked the stats but is it that surprising in his first season? The simple fact is that he's started scoring important goals in our games and at a decent rate too.

The idea that we're going to enter a period of darkness just because he leaves is utter cunting bollocks. It's the type of thinking of the person who didn't know what Chelsea football club was before Lampard joined and ignores the fact that even with Lampard in the team last season, we finished sixth in the league.

The truth is that no-one knows what will happen to the club after he leaves, but the board are putting us in a pretty strong position for that eventuality. The type of fan condemning us to failure before we even begin this new period in the club's life isn't the type of fan we really need in all honesty.

On a separate note, it's interesting to read that Frank's missus is also coming to the end of her tv contract and has apparently told friends that it's between Italy and America - considering the fact that she already struggles with English I would've thought LA was the best move for both of them.

you MUST get MOM next month

And the most ridiculous argument ever is this "Mata is on course to score 25 goals bla bla". Well, he also was last season in January. But you know what, we entered the crucial time of the season, suddenly his goals and assists began to dry up, his performances went downhill. So I could also say, mata is on course to be outscored by Lamps once again.

I made that point, and I think you're totally wrong. You suggest that Mata went downhill in the second-half of the season. I haven't actually checked the stats but is it that surprising in his first season? The simple fact is that he's started scoring important goals in our games and at a decent rate too.

The idea that we're going to enter a period of darkness just because he leaves is utter cunting bollocks. It's the type of thinking of the person who didn't know what Chelsea football club was before Lampard joined and ignores the fact that even with Lampard in the team last season, we finished sixth in the league.

The truth is that no-one knows what will happen to the club after he leaves, but the board are putting us in a pretty strong position for that eventuality. The type of fan condemning us to failure before we even begin this new period in the club's life isn't the type of fan we really need in all honesty.

On a separate note, it's interesting to read that Frank's missus is also coming to the end of her tv contract and has apparently told friends that it's between Italy and America - considering the fact that she already struggles with English I would've thought LA was the best move for both of them.

:clap:

Problem is, I think there's a new samba powerhouse that may start to develop in the squad now. Belgians, Brazilians & Spaniards.. Let's hope they don't start forming cliques.

More on topic; agree totally. There was no way Roman wasn't going to seek to break up the old guard after his personal managerial appointment (AVB) was dismissed due to them. He just has to make the right approach in the dismissal. Drogba's was done brilliantly, low key, no dramas. The same should carry with Lampard.

I think it helped Drogba kinda accepted he was going whereas at the minute with Lamps seems different.And if it is true about him asking for a pay cut to stay then it will have drama etc...probably paper talk but still.I think it will be a lot harder and the fans know more about whats going on now whereas again Drogba was more towards the end..

What will our homegrown situation look like once we let go of Lamps, Cole and now that we have let Sturridge go? Does Moses count as HG?

@TorontoChelsea, did the calculations a few weeks back, but I honestly don't remember the numbers (and am too lazy to redo it :P ) but unless we sign English replacements, we are basically screwed.

Nevertheless, why should it matter if Ba scored a penalty to get a hat-trick? Hat-tricks are just for headlines...a lot of strikers score hat-tricks only to go into a slump a few matches later. I don't need to give examples for that...

It's the type of thinking of the person who didn't know what Chelsea football club was before Lampard joined and ignores the fact that even with Lampard in the team last season, we finished sixth in the league.

But Lamps is the player who transformed Chelsea from a good to a world-class club. We were worse before and will be worse after, cos the board lets the legacy of the old guard go to waste.

The board is overloading us with weakish, wasteful fair-weather footballers and taunting everything the club stands for. Clubs with more history than Chelsea have given their legends like Giggs, Raul, Maldini contracts as long as they wanted and it paid off. Lampard is far greater than all of them but still does not get his. This is simply a shame. I have followed a decade without a title for German football. That has taught me to recognize the early signs of oncoming gloom.

u try to find excuses for Mata's decline in the latter stages of last season again. Hence you confirm my point. I don't give a fuck why he went downhill (first season bla bla), fact he was not there when the team needed a leader, a big time player. So why should it be different now? My assumption of his performances and goal rate going down is at least based on experience, other than your idiotic "25 goals, 30 assists" season bullshit projection. Were it also you brain-wanking about your imagination of that infamous "25 goals 30 assits season" being bettr than Lamps's best? Lamps had 27 goals and 19 assists in 2009/10 + a decnet number of goals in international games. Wake me up when Mata has done that. I guess you can drop the act.

But Lamps is the player who transformed Chelsea from a good to a world-class club. We were worse before and will be worse after, cos the board lets the legacy of the old guard go to waste.

The board is overloading us with weakish fair-weather footballers and taunting everything the club stands for. Clubs with more history than Chelsea have given their legends like Giggs, Raul, Maldini contracts as long as they wanted and it paid off. Lampard is far greater than all of them but still does not get his. This is simply a shame.

u try to find excuses for Mata's decline in the latter stages of last season again. Hence you confirm my point. I don't give a fuck why he went downhill (first season bla bla), fact he was not there when the team needed a leader, a big time player. So why should it be different now? My assumption of his performances and goal rate going down is at least based on experience, other than your idiotic "25 goals, 30 assists" season bullshit.

Lampard has been great for us BUT he isnt as great as you believe. Take away his penalty count and his goal tally while impressive is down a little. On assists for years he took all our corners..

goals scored them became assists . NOT disrespecting him merely trying to bring a sense of proportion to your post

@TorontoChelsea, did the calculations a few weeks back, but I honestly don't remember the numbers (and am too lazy to redo it :P ) but unless we sign English replacements, we are basically screwed.

I don't remember either, but we probably only have a few spots open to foreign-born players.We're definitely going to have to bring in some homegrown ones this summer.

I don't remember either, but we probably only have a few spots open to foreign-born players.We're definitely going to have to bring in some homegrown ones this summer.

Probably getting a bit off topic here, but I read somewhere that Hazard would still be considered as U21 next season because on the first of Jan, he was still 21 (his 22nd birthday was today). Any idea if that is true or not? Because if it is it would also mean the same for Oscar so both won't be counted in the foreign player quota.

turnbull cahill bertrand terry moses... josh ,,,,chaloblah piazon in a year I think .....

Lampard has been great for us BUT he isnt as great as you believe. Take away his penalty count and his goal tally while impressive is down a little. On assists for years he took all our corners..

goals scored them became assists . NOT disrespecting him merely trying to bring a sense of proportion to your post

Ohhhh yeeeeeeees, thank youuu sooo much, I would never ever in a hundred years have figuered out myself that Lamps took most of our set pieces. Well that changes everything of course, forgive me for being so dumb not to consider that. We have to rewrite history, zolayes figuered out that lamps took our set pieces, I have to drastically change my opinion now, god thank you, I mean how shit is it to be a prolific penalty taker, that makes a player so much less great, cos it is so easy, that is why mata tried it...and soon stopped, becuase penalty taking so extremely easy that it only spoils a player and should make every fan reconsider his opinion about players that take penalties.Yes lets always take away penalties from the goal tally. Yeah lets also take away tap ins, and why not also take away headers, hey, why bother counting goals at all?

Our 'transformation' coincided with a Russian billionaire taking us over and spending about £250 million in two years. Funnily enough that's when Lamps really kicked on as a player too.

The board is overloading us with weakish, wasteful fair-weather footballers and taunting everything the club stands for. Clubs with more history than Chelsea have given their legends like Giggs, Raul, Maldini contracts as long as they wanted and it paid off. Lampard is far greater than all of them but still does not get his. This is simply a shame. I have followed a decade without a title for German football. That has taught me to recognize the early signs of oncoming gloom.

Raul left Madrid aged 33 because he didn't want to be a backup. People seem to want Lamps to stay even if he'll be a bench player. And what the fuck are you saying with the 'clubs with more history' shit. Seriously, what the fuck??? You don't think we have as much history as other clubs you need to pick up the biggest book you can find on Chelsea's history.

Now hit yourself round the head with it.

The club have signed young, talented players and also have a couple of youngsters coming through the ranks who are Chelsea through and through. They need time, and they need support.

u try to find excuses for Mata's decline in the latter stages of last season again. Hence you confirm my point. I don't give a fuck why he went downhill (first season bla bla), fact he was not there when the team needed a leader, a big time player. So why should it be different now? My assumption of his performances and goal rate going down is at least based on experience, other than your idiotic "25 goals, 30 assists" season bullshit projection. Were it also you brain-wanking about your imagination of that infamous "25 goals 30 assits season" being bettr than Lamps's best? Lamps had 27 goals and 19 assists in 2009/10 + a decnet number of goals in international games. Wake me up when Mata has done that. I guess you can drop the act.

It was his first season in English football. He was a great player for us but I'm sorry if that wasn't good enough for you. This season he's scored big goals in big games. He's been our most important player and he will be next season in all likelihood whilst Lamps is at LA Galaxy.

I hope they've got enough history for you. :wank2:

turnbull cahill bertrand terry moses... josh ,,,,chaloblah piazon in a year I think .....

Piazon doesn't count as homegrown but he's still under 21 so he doesn't count against us. It works in reverse. You're only allowed 17 non HG players. (which usually means 8 homegrown because you usually have 25 men). So, Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Ramires, Torres, Mata, Mikel, Marin, Azpilicueta, Ba, Hazard, Oscar, Romeu, Lukaku, and KDB (not sure with KDB because his mother is English but not sure if that matters at all), is 15. That would mean that at a maximum, Chelsea would be able to bring in 2 or 3 non-homegrown players without getting rid of someone. It makes sense for the club to try to bring in a homegrown player or two who could be in the core of the squad so you don't really have to worry about this issue every year.

Lukaku would be under-21 as well, so that would be 14 meaning we'd be able to sign 3 more non-homegrown players.

Edited by TorontoChelsea

Ohhhh yeeeeeeees, thank youuu sooo much, I would never ever in a hundred years have figuered out myself that Lamps took most of our set pieces. Well that changes everything of course, forgive me for being so dumb not to consider that. We have to rewrite history, zolayes figuered out that lamps took our set pieces, I have to drastically change my opinion now, god thank you, I mean how shit is it to be a prolific penalty taker, that makes a player so much less great, cos it is so easy, that is why mata tried it...and soon stopped, becuase penalty taking so extremely easy that it only spoils a player and should make every fan reconsider his opinion about players that take penalties.Yes lets always take away penalties from the goal tally. Yeah lets also take away tap ins, and why not also take away headers, hey, why bother counting goals at all?

I think you are losing all sense of proportion .AND cut out the FUCKING SARCASM