Frank Lampard

DavidEU

This is a load of bullshit...and I have this feeling it's all because we didn't qualify for the CL; now the club are pulling purse strings everywhere.

Imagine, less than three years ago Lamps had scored 22 goals in the league, 5th highest that year: would the board have even dared to think of not letting such a man retire at the club?

And if these stories about Taison are correct, it'll piss me off even more that such money is being used towards a relatively unknown Brazilian who'll most likely have no immediate impact whatsoever and take 1yr+ to get used to the league, instead of giving Lamps a contract.

3 years ago he was 31 and at the heart of the team. Things change quickly in football.

Being angry about us buying Taison and not signing Lamps is like being angry that we bought Courtois instead of giving him a contract. They fulfil different needs in the current squad.

Let me play devil's advocate a bit here

But I think Frank kind of deserves this, this is the same way he treated AVB and if we all remember Roman said everyone who did not respect AVB will be dealt with, I for one do acknowledge AVB s flaws but Lampard and crew made the job a bit hard for him now the tables hv been turned and karma has kind of come to haunt Lamps

you arent being a devil's advocate ; you are making what I consider a very relevant point . I think Roman was very annoyed at some players last year and he is not a forgiving person.

I can see a similar treatment for JT next year,

you arent being a devil's advocate ; you are making what I consider a very relevant point . I think Roman was very annoyed at some players last year and he is not a forgiving person.

But to sack lamps because of AVB?!

But to sack lamps because of AVB?!

He's not being sacked. He signed a contract, that contract is coming to an end and the club have decided he's not part of their plans going forward.

It could end up being better for the club long-term if he does leave.

For all the shame he has bought onto the club he'd be lucky to see the last year of his contract out let alone get an extension. His recent comments about Lampard are about as self-serving as it gets. He knows a Lampard extension in all likelihood means one for him too. That's our club captain. :clap:

For all the shame he has bought onto the club he'd be lucky to see the last year of his contract out let alone get an extension. His recent comments about Lampard are about as self-serving as it gets. He knows a Lampard extension in all likelihood means one for him too. That's our club captain. :clap:

There is a point at which JT's baggage become more trouble then it's worth, and with is injuries and the emergence of Ivanovic and Cahill as a solid pairing I think that point is arriving sooner rather than later. That picture of Lamps with the stupid hashtags after it was totally unprofessional as club captain. He's got a year left on his contract and that'll be it I think.

There is a point at which JT's baggage become more trouble then it's worth, and with is injuries and the emergence of Ivanovic and Cahill as a solid pairing I think that point is arriving sooner rather than later. That picture of Lamps with the stupid hashtags after it was totally unprofessional as club captain. He's got a year left on his contract and that'll be it I think.

I honestly don't think we've missed him at all since his injury. The games we lost without him would have been lost with him. I am almost certain he's gone once his contract is done and it will be the right decision.

I doubt we'll even retire JT number due to the embarrassing things he's done to the club.

Wish his agent would have kept quiet about the situation. Lampard seems to have gotten AVB fired, if I'm the next Chelsea coach and I don't plan on playing Lampard much, I certainly wouldn't want him around.

AVB and Pep Guardiola are supposedly friends. AVB even dedicated Porto's Europa Cup win to Guardiola.

Imagine Guardiola has sought advice from AVB about Chelsea and the players. Maybe Guardiola, who is likely to be our next manager, is behind this? It's an interesting thought. :Goober: