Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Is there any other team, bullied by the media the way we are? Whether it's JT's case with Cunton Ferdinand; the way our players use twitter; Torres this, Torres that; the Clattenburg scandal; Lamps and Ash contracts. Everything gets blown up to huge proportions and every story has 10 follow ups most of which are not true. We're being followed by the media microscope and every little action is being fabricated into a huge story, trying to make us look bad.

One minute they say he's leaving, the next they say he's going to be offered a new contract and now, back to saying he's leaving. This contract situation is just exasperating!

FGS, can the club at least come out and say something like he's definitely leaving or we'll sit down with Lampard and evaluate the situation at a later date or something?! Right now, we're just having to speculate based on stories, some rubbish too, that are being published in the media!! :doh:

God only knows what goes on behind the scenes but one thing is for sure tou can trust the word from Franks own mouth. When interviewed after the game against Southampton he stated that he hadn't been in any talks about his future thus far. I think if something has emerged like the papers are stating he will let us know in his next interview.

This is getting beyond ridiculous. The club needs to put an end to it now. They need, for once, to come out and speak frankly to the fans. All this publicity and media frenzy is hardly helping the team focus.

And Frank's agent needs to shut the f*** up!

This is disgusting. If Manure or Arsenal get him, that will be it for me.

What? You'll stop supporting the club?

What the fuck is wrong with this club?

I agree. It's progress with developing either a time machine or a youth serum is appalling.

I blame this man

ProfessorFrink.gif

This is beyond ridiculous, can't they just see what the fans want?

Continued success? Stability?

How things change... Last year he was the most hated guy at Chelsea, blaming him for the sacking of AVB, they were also saying he was not good enough and that we should play Mikel and Ramires in Midfield instead.

This Year he's the most loved guy at Chelsea, what a difference a year makes. :lol:

In my opinion it's ridiculous we're not offering him a new contract, personally i think it should be a 1 year deal with his wages reduced, but that would be the ideal scenario.

Lamps has never been a liability to the club's success, in fact it's the opposite. And please, we all know who is the real liability in the squad.

I'm not saying he'd be a liability, but the club obviously has to put together the best squad it can to achieve success. Is Frank going to be the attacking midfielder we need? No, we have Mata now. Is he going to be the guy who can play the double pivot and dictate the tempo? I don't think so. I think there are potentially better options either in our squad (Oscar and McEachran) and maybe better options in the market.

12 years at one club (in which he's been well remunerated) is amazing in this day and age but it has to end at some point. The media will try to make us look like cunts for this when there's no reason to. I expect to hear 'Scholes and Giggs, Scholes and Giggs' a lot over the next few months when there's plenty of players (Keane, Bruce, Schmeichel, Butt, Neville, Hughes) who were let go despite being 'legends' to varying degrees.

What? You'll stop supporting the club?

I agree. It's progress with developing either a time machine or a youth serum is appalling.

I blame this man

ProfessorFrink.gif

Continued success? Stability?

It will be very hard for me to stomach.

Didiers departure was hard, Franks would be impossible. For all he has done for the club, and they can't give him a meezly 2 year contract when they can spend 50 million plus contract on Torres, That is disgusting!

I couldn't care less what anybody thinks, Chelsea FC wouldn't be the same if Frank Lampard left .. He should kick his last ball for Chelsea, retire his number, and in a 10 years time have a statue of himself, Terry and Drogba together infront of Stamford Bridge.

IF he ever plays against us, i will fucking puke!

Jesus, did Lampard sleep with your girlfriend or something? You post about him like you really genuinely loathe him. Not giving the penalty to Ba is so selfish it makes Lampard's entire contribution to the club meaningless and you'd be happy to see him go and now Lampard wanting to stay at Chelsea is emotional blackmail?

I respect everything Lampard has done for this football club. He is one of our greatest ever players and he deserves a lot of admiration and respect. I just don't like how he and his agent have gone about this and it's become a bit of a circus that follows the club around every game.

It will be very hard for me to stomach.

Didiers departure was hard, Franks would be impossible. For all he has done for the club, and they can't give him a meezly 2 year contract when they can spend 50 million plus contract on Torres, That is disgusting!

I couldn't care less what anybody thinks, Chelsea FC wouldn't be the same if Frank Lampard left .. He should kick his last ball for Chelsea, retire his number, and in a 10 years time have a statue of himself, Terry and Drogba together infront of Stamford Bridge.

IF he ever plays against us, i will fucking puke!

Well I think you're wrong. There was a Chelsea before Lampard, there will be one after he goes. For me, Chelsea is more than any one player - it's more than this group of players too. Chelsea for me is about walking from the Embankment (when you could still park there) to the Bridge, or hopping off the tube and walking along the Fulham Road bumping into guys you've seen at the club for years. It's about getting your membership in the post when the sun is still shining, or going to the megastore to see the new kit for the first time.

If he goes, he goes. We'll wish him well, thank him for his service, shed a few tears and then look to our next hero to take over.

The reaction on here reminds me of when Take That broke up and they had to open a crisis line for them. :cry::cry:

This is a load of bullshit...and I have this feeling it's all because we didn't qualify for the CL; now the club are pulling purse strings everywhere.

Imagine, less than three years ago Lamps had scored 22 goals in the league, 5th highest that year: would the board have even dared to think of not letting such a man retire at the club?

And if these stories about Taison are correct, it'll piss me off even more that such money is being used towards a relatively unknown Brazilian who'll most likely have no immediate impact whatsoever and take 1yr+ to get used to the league, instead of giving Lamps a contract.