Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Lampard is really playing his 'fans favourite' card very strongly to get himself a new contract. It's working better than he ever imagined :Goober:

Lampard is no where near my all time favorite Chelsea player, but after 12 years and all he's done for the club, I reckon he gets to use the 'fans' favorite' card if he wishes to.

Regarding his contract, I've said this in the past: I don't want him to stay 'unconditionally'. It makes no sense to pay 150k/wk for a player who is likely to miss more than half the matches. But if he agrees on a substantial pay cut to somewhere around 70k and accepts the smaller role and a one year contract then that would be the best option for the club because you won't find someone with his experience and goal scoring abilities to cover at CM.

Lampard is no where near my all time favorite Chelsea player, but after 12 years and all he's done for the club, I reckon he gets to use the 'fans' favorite' card if he wishes to.

Regarding his contract, I've said this in the past: I don't want him to stay 'unconditionally'. It makes no sense to pay 150k/wk for a player who is likely to miss more than half the matches. But if he agrees on a substantial pay cut to somewhere around 70k and accepts the smaller role and a one year contract then that would be the best option for the club because you won't find someone with his experience and goal scoring abilities to cover at CM.

Lampard has specifically said he still sees himself playing at the top level for another 2 or 3 seasons. He will not be a Scholes or Giggs like player playing the odd game here or there. He wants to be a first team player on first team wages for the next 2 or 3 years. Drogba wasn't shown the same respect despite being a fans favourite.

The club will no doubt change the manager again in the summer. Why should they tie up a soon to be 35 year old on a lucrative multi-year deal when it's possible the next manager comes and in says 'sorry but you're not part of my plans'?

He should show a little class and stop speaking after every game about how much he wants to stay and making all these passive-aggressive comments towards the club. Just get on with it see what happens in the summer. Why didn't he speak to the press after QPR? Where were all the quotes about him wanting to stay and how much he loves the fans that night?

The club will no doubt change the manager again in the summer. Why should they tie up a soon to be 35 year old on a lucrative multi-year deal when it's possible the next manager comes and in says 'sorry but you're not part of my plans'?

That is a point few people raise - what if the new guy doesn't want him? It's a different situation with Cole because he's still the best guy in his position but signing such a 'big personality' to another 12 months is totally different and the new guy should be included in the conversation.

Lampard has specifically said he still sees himself playing at the top level for another 2 or 3 seasons. He will not be a Scholes or Giggs like player playing the odd game here or there. He wants to be a first team player on first team wages for the next 2 or 3 years. Drogba wasn't shown the same respect despite being a fans favourite. The club will no doubt change the manager again in the summer. Why should they tie up a soon to be 35 year old on a lucrative multi-year deal when it's possible the next manager comes and in says 'sorry but you're not part of my plans'?

Like I said, if he accepts smaller wages and role he should stay, if he doesn't he should leave. But I'll wait for his decision.

He should show a little class and stop speaking after every game about how much he wants to stay and making all these passive-aggressive comments towards the club. Just get on with it see what happens in the summer. Why didn't he speak to the press after QPR? Where were all the quotes about him wanting to stay and how much he loves the fans that night?

Frank is smart eough to know that the fans have absolutely no influence on the club's decisions.

That is a point few people raise - what if the new guy doesn't want him? It's a different situation with Cole because he's still the best guy in his position but signing such a 'big personality' to another 12 months is totally different and the new guy should be included in the conversation.

With our record and depending on who we get probably get two new guys anyway in those 6 months

For once the club is showing a smart approach. There will be changes in the summer. Why tie down players now when you don't need to? If they want to stay and the new manager wants them then they can sign a deal in the summer.

8m can cover the wages of 3 or 4 squad players like Moses, Azpilicueta, Cahill etc for a whole year. Why give that much money away to one 35 year old player who might not even be part of the plans? It's just insane.

Like I said, if he accepts smaller wages and role he should stay, if he doesn't he should leave. But I'll wait for his decision.

Frank is smart eough to know that the fans have absolutely no influence on the club's decisions.

Frank is a very smart guy and he knows exactly what he's doing with the interviews after each game he scores a penalty/goal. He is putting more and more pressure on the club.

Supporters start singing, taking signs about him to games, the media just keeps talking about Chelsea's stupidity in not offering him a new deal "look at Sir Alex and what he does with Giggs and Scholes!!!".

He's a very smart guy and he knows what he's doing. Fair play to him.

I appreciate that he's doing this and saying the fans this and the fans that but seriously this is what happened when Inter were interested in '07.. He is making it so if he accepts another offer then he can leave on the best terms with the fans and get the 'oh well it was the clubs fault' so this story coming out about the club making a move to offer him something is smart by the club to ensure that they make it known they are making an offer, so Frank is under a sort of obligation to accept..after all he's said he loves the club/fans so many times after the last few weeks.

Smart by the club.

Why the fuck do you all care about his wages?

You say that he doesn't deserve 150k a week. Well, does any footballer deserve that money? Of course not.

So why don't we reduce wages to all players?

Some of you keep repeating shit about his wages. Stop with it because it's getting annoying.

I don't fucking care about his wages, it's his own private thing.

All I care about is him staying here. Not because of his name, but because he still has so much to offer and he is more than good enough to be a part of this team.

LOL @ People arguing about Frank's wages here , Roman is the one paying , Ballack wanted to stay , he was okay with a cut but Roman had other plans . Roman's whole Reign is never been about Money . Frank has a great more to offer , and theres alot of buzz in the media that Roman is willing to offer him a contract , doesnt matter if it's only for a year and good thing about the rumours is Franks is willing to accept the deal.

Why the fuck do you all care about his wages?

You say that he doesn't deserve 150k a week. Well, does any footballer deserve that money? Of course not.

So why don't we reduce wages to all players?

Some of you keep repeating shit about his wages. Stop with it because it's getting annoying.

I don't fucking care about his wages, it's his own private thing.

All I care about is him staying here. Not because of his name, but because he still has so much to offer and he is more than good enough to be a part of this team.

HIs wages are important in a post-FFP world. There's no way around it and despite your protestations, wages have been part of the sports discussion for a long time now. If we're spending money in one area, we're not spending it in another - simple as that.

He may have a lot to offer, but is that more than what another player might offer if we brought him in or simply gave an existing player a chance in the team?

What's amazing to me is that we already seem to have found the man to replace his goals from midfield in Mata.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9783772/Chelsea-have-no-intention-of-opening-contract-talks-with-Frank-Lampard-in-the-immediate-future.html

If it is the case that Roman has no plan to get Lampard on a new contract, then why the hell does he not make it public. Just say he is leaving in the summer, get over it and it might tone down the media circus.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9783772/Chelsea-have-no-intention-of-opening-contract-talks-with-Frank-Lampard-in-the-immediate-future.html

If it is the case that Roman has no plan to get Lampard on a new contract, then why the hell does he not make it public. Just say he is leaving in the summer, get over it and it might tone down the media circus.

Actually, it would be ideal once in a while for somebody from the board to come out and speak something.

Too often our board have just kept quiet in the midst of all these stories and letting tabloids and journalists writing BS stories.

Every game until the end of the season will be filled with chants for Lampard and against the board if they came out now. The board might be looking for a way to achieve relative peace until then.

Just joined in on this post.

Mata was not in the 2008 Euro team or 2010 World Cup team. He was only in the 2012 Euro team and he only got 5 mins. Paulo barely plays. Torres has a shit attitude no way a leader. Lampard is playing well we should just leave him in the squad. He can play a role similar to Manure's ginger bastard and bro's wife shagger. It would be stupid to just let him go.

Mata was in the WC 2010 squad.