Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Sentimental? Think some people are completely overlooking the failure of AVB in terms of his man-management and the importance of managing the players in the right manner.

I agree to some extent. Managing players in the right manner is important but they're not a bunch of 10 year-old kids. And Lampard is an extremely intelligent individual. So intelligent that I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing and once he started to 'speak up' the effects it caused within the squad were massive. And this eventually led to the sacking of AVB.

Of course, AVB made some tactical errors along the way but I don't view him as a dreadful manager like a lot of people seem to. He was instructed to play with younger players and that's what he did. I still think AVB was the way forward for us but unfortunately things got in his way.

And one thing I still like about him... he cares. When his team scores, he celebrates more than half of the players. He's very tactically aware but a lot of the players either weren't willing to play to his tactics or could not understand them.

I agree to some extent. Managing players in the right manner is important but they're not a bunch of 10 year-old kids. And Lampard is an extremely intelligent individual. So intelligent that I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing and once he started to 'speak up' the effects it caused within the squad were massive. And this eventually led to the sacking of AVB.

Still can't take that for granted though. Still need to manage and communicate with the players. AVB probably tried to distance himself from the players and showed who's in charge given his young age but that arguably cost him in the end.

Of course, AVB made some tactical errors along the way but I don't view him as a dreadful manager like a lot of people seem to. He was instructed to play with younger players and that's what he did. I still think AVB was the way forward for us but unfortunately things got in his way.

And one thing I still like about him... he cares. When his team scores, he celebrates more than half of the players. He's very tactically aware but a lot of the players either weren't willing to play to his tactics or could not understand them.

Yes, one bad spell with us doesn't mean he is a dreadful manager unless he experience the same elsewhere too and that is remained to be seen. However, during his time here, he was too aggressive with his changes and trying to implement his style of play. Anyone sitting here could easily tell that none of the players we had last season was suited to play his high line, high tempo passing and pressing game but yet he persisted with it till the end and it led to some really embarrassing moments and defeats.

Now Robbie has gone When Jt, Frank and the rest of the old guard go it will be difficult to continue to support Chelsea simply because to me it just won't be the same club. A new era of young foreign players and a manager owner and board with no respect for the history, stadium or fans is coming unfortunately.

RT @BlueBaby67: Ian McGarry has just told Radio 5 that he has spoken with Steve Kutner who says he has not spoken to the media about Frank.

This is why people should not take seriously about secondary sources that come from twitter

Having said that Ian McGarry often spouts a lot of shite.

This is why people should not take seriously about secondary sources that come from twitter

Don't think those quotes came from Twitter. Came from sources in Italy apparently and it has been reported all over the English media.

Having said that Ian McGarry often spouts a lot of shite.

Yeah, so take it with a pinch of salt that.

Still can't take that for granted though. Still need to manage and communicate with the players. AVB probably tried to distance himself from the players and showed who's in charge given his young age but that arguably cost him in the end.

I do agree but you could also argue that it works both ways between players and manager. But it's vital that there's some degree of trust. And we can only speculate about what actually happened behind the scenes. It's possible that AVB explained things to Lampard about his team selections but Lampard's ego was just too big to handle it which led to the inevitable. I'm not saying I believe this, but it's possible. I try to read between the lines before I believe anything the media spurts out.

Yes, one bad spell with us doesn't mean he is a dreadful manager unless he experience the same elsewhere too and that is remained to be seen. However, during his time here, he was too aggressive with his changes and trying to implement his style of play. Anyone sitting here could easily tell that none of the players we had last season was suited to play his high line, high tempo passing and pressing game but yet he persisted with it till the end and it led to some really embarrassing moments and defeats.

Once again, I completely agree. But you can't overlook the fact that AVB was brought in to play that style of play and was told to do so. We could even say forced. But he wasn't given the players with the necessary abilities to carry this out. You can't heap the blame on AVB for this. It was terrible decision making by our board.

Now Robbie has gone When Jt, Frank and the rest of the old guard go it will be difficult to continue to support Chelsea simply because to me it just won't be the same club. A new era of young foreign players and a manager owner and board with no respect for the history or stadium is coming unfortunately.

I don't understand this. Since I first began supporting Chelsea, we now have a completely different squad, manager and board. But I still love the club as much as I did back then, if not more.

Don't think those quotes came from Twitter. Came from sources in Italy apparently and it has been reported all over the English media.

Then again how many times have we heard rumours from an obscure continental publication no one over here has heard of be wrong. :lol:

Yep, listening to talkSPORT to, Lamps agent has stated that he will definitely be leaving in the summer. Cole to follow too it seems. Mark my words, JT won't be far behind. Incredible really, shocking bad judgement and management. All have been very, very well paid but you only need to look back to Munich, a few short months back, and the fantastic, resiliant performances buy Ash and Frank.

I don't want to seem sensationalist but the club seems to be falling apart. Laughable manager, Lamps and Ash getting the spanish archer. The board are as feeble as they have ever been. Still, as long as their pockets are lined eh?

Complete shambles. Possibly time up for Roman methinks. He can't be sitting there listening to El Fat Wankero getting pelters every game. Whatever results slim has "achieved", we lost to West Ham and QPR in the face of a few short weeks, which just isnt funny. :rant:

I do agree but you could also argue that it works both ways between players and manager. But it's vital that there's some degree of trust. And we can only speculate about what actually happened behind the scenes. It's possible that AVB explained things to Lampard about his team selections but Lampard's ego was just too big to handle it which led to the inevitable. I'm not saying I believe this, but it's possible. I try to read between the lines before I believe anything the media spurts out.

Fair enough though I still refuse to believe that Lampard is majorly at fault for AVB's sacking.

Once again, I completely agree. But you can't overlook the fact that AVB was brought in to play that style of play and was told to do so. We could even say forced. But he wasn't given the players with the necessary abilities to carry this out. You can't heap the blame on AVB for this. It was terrible decision making by our board.

If that is the case, then don't tell me AVB was silly to just go with it? Surely he is intelligent enough to see that and explain it to our board.

I believe the quotes from Frank's agent came from the Metro..

Read that it came from sources in Italy and it wouldn't be surprising if it's true given that he has been linked with Lazio and Inter.

Nonetheless, it does look like he will be leaving in the summer. :cry:

Fair enough though I still refuse to believe that Lampard is majorly at fault for AVB's sacking.

Of course I don't think Lampard is solely to blame for the sacking of AVB. I'm not that narrow-minded. :P But like I said, I just try to read between the lines, and I think it's safe to say that Lampard did play some part in it.

If that is the case, then don't tell me AVB was silly to just go with it? Surely he is intelligent enough to see that and explain it to our board.

Silly to just go with it, I don't think so. If anything, he was silly to take on the job and the task he was giving. I'm sure he had one look at the abilities of the squad we had and knew it would be difficult. But he's a young manager and he had a lot to prove, so I can understand why he took it over.

'Explain it to our board'. There is no explaining to our board. If history has taught us anything, you do what they ask in a short amount of time with no compromises or you get sacked. RDM knew playing such open and attacking football at the start of the season would make us leak goals, but he persisted. I think it's safe to say he knew he had no other hand and had to play the one the board had given him.

Dont worry guys, when Frank goes a new person to idolize will emerge from either the current crop of players or the youth system. We have plenty of world class players in the team to hopefully cushion the blow of Lampard leaving, in my eyes Juan or Eden will be seen as the next "Mr Chelsea" :D