Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Cesar Azpilicueta

Marvin123

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only support this signing because he speaks french and if lukaku goes on loan this will be needed for hazard to settle in better.

Erm, Lukaku isn't the only one in the team who can speak French. Malouda, Essien(if one or both stay), Cech and 1-2 others can speak French too. Some of the staffs and even RDM could probably speak French too and anyway, Hazard is currently learning English. That said, can't see any language issue being a problem of settling in here.

Erm, Lukaku isn't the only one in the team who can speak French. Malouda, Essien(if one or both stay), Cech and 1-2 others can speak French too. Some of the staffs and even RDM could probably speak French too and anyway, Hazard is currently learning English. That said, can't see any language issue being a problem of settling in here.

Does Lukaku even speak French fluently? He is from Anderlecht, which is a Dutch speaking town...

Does Lukaku even speak French fluently? He is from Anderlecht, which is a Dutch speaking town...

Maybe not fluently but sure he can speak decent enough. Still from Belgium after all.

he`s done a TV advert in French and when Hazard was asked on CTV if Lukaku was helping him learn English,Hazard said that it wouldn`t work as we would only communicate in French.

although that`s not to give any substance to the idea we are only signing him because he speaks french. all foreign players who can`t speak English will be taught it. it`s been club policy for some time that everyone brought in has to learn English.

Azpilicueta must be our first Right Back.

Ivanovic is ok if we play defensive with the midfield line close to the defenders.

But otherwise, I would prefer Azpilicueta as he has more agility and is quite good on one on one situation.

Forgive me if im wrong but apart from Lavezzi i can't think of anyone who has given Ivan a torrid time.

As far as im concerned Ivan is still first choice right back, if Azpi wants to take that off him he has to earn it by performances on the pitch when he gets the chance, if we move Ivan to the centre to accommodate him ill tear my hair out.

Exactly. Dressing room policy dictates players that can't speak English very well have to sit next to John Terry, Frank Lampard and the rest of the English boys on the left of the dressing room.

That will be where David Luiz learnt 'geezer' from.

Forgive me if im wrong but apart from Lavezzi i can't think of anyone who has given Ivan a torrid time.

As far as im concerned Ivan is still first choice right back, if Azpi wants to take that off him he has to earn it by performances on the pitch when he gets the chance, if we move Ivan to the centre to accommodate him ill tear my hair out.

Ivanovic has become very inconsistent. He is poor going forward most of the time. The team had better offensive balance last season with Bosingwa in the side. Ivanovic is the better defender but he is no Ashley Cole when it comes to all-round competency. He is a centre back and nothing more than a makeshift full-back. Some competition for the position will keep him on his toes, especially as he will have to compete with Azpil, Luiz and Gaz to play in the defence alongside Terry and Cole.

Exactly. Dressing room policy dictates players that can't speak English very well have to sit next to John Terry, Frank Lampard and the rest of the English boys on the left of the dressing room.

I can see it now.

Lampard: Say "Your Misses is fit and has big titties" to Ashley.

Oscar: Your Misses is fit and has big titties.

Hilarity ensues.

I can hardly imagine Terry spending his time teaching ESL.

We'll have a professional language teacher on staff, I'd imagine. Or they'll be sent to an ESL school. They don't even need to be that fluent, how hard can it be to say "Fuck off ref"/"That was never offside"/"Pass!" and other related football mannerisms?

I can hardly imagine Terry spending his time teaching ESL.

We'll have a professional language teacher on staff, I'd imagine. Or they'll be sent to an ESL school. They don't even need to be that fluent, how hard can it be to say "Fuck off ref" and other related football mannerisms?

Nobody said anything about teaching. Just emmercing yourself in the language/culture is the best way to learn. I bet if I moved to France, I'd learn French quicker than I would at a school in Australia.

Nobody said anything about teaching. Just emmercing yourself in the language/culture is the best way to learn. I bet if I moved to France, I'd learn French quicker than I would at a school in Australia.

Some people don't like to be immersed though, Carlos Tevez, for example. In that case it'll be ESL, and that's if they want to.