Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

11 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Ibrahimovic to sign a one year contract with Man Utd.(Sky Sports)

Meanwhile at Chelsea...

Have you forgotten the upcoming Euros man?! :ph34r:
It's impossible for that big Chelsea legend Buckenalo to make any decent deal, all we can do is wait for Roma to accept the 30 mil offer, but they need to come up with 9 mil first, anyway excellent deal for them.
Squeeze it till its head pops off. :fist:

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We won't sign anyone until after the Euro's. 

Fucking joke isn't it? 

It's actually ironic that our most effective transfer window to date was JM's season year where we managed to sign Fabregas, Costa & recall Thibaut (let's ignore what we lost). 

I'm resigned now to believing such effectiveness was a one off. We are now third/fourth rate for top players coming to england. In Jose and Pep, United and City are now the preferred option. Did we really, really, think Conte was going to attract names like Zlatan Ibrahimovic? :lol: 

Can't wait to start the season with Benteke..............................(!)

1 minute ago, LDN Blue said:

Fucking joke isn't it? 

It's actually ironic that our most effective transfer window to date was JM's season year where we managed to sign Fabregas, Costa & recall Thibaut (let's ignore what we lost). 

I'm resigned now to believing such effectiveness was a one off. We are now third/fourth rate for top players coming to england. In Jose and Pep, United and City are now the preferred option. Did we really, really, think Conte was going to attract names like Zlatan Ibrahimovic? :lol: 

Can't wait to start the season with Benteke..............................(!)

I sadly have to agree. I think we've gone to arguably the most attractive club to join in the league to maybe the 4th or 5th. But to be honest, the players we've been linked with (Lukaku, Morata, Nainggolan, Koulibaly, Rüdiger, Kante etc) we should still be able to attract pretty easily. We don't need Galacticos like United and City will go for.

The most annoying thing for me is that the clubs that are already better than us are signing world class players while Chelsea who you would think are the most desperate to get back to the top have been absolutely silent. City and Arsenal have made excellent moves already and now United will sign a one of the world's best players.

Meanwhile, if you believe the media we're haggling over chump change and getting bids rejected from clubs we're way bigger than.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The most annoying thing for me is that the clubs that are already better than us are signing world class players while Chelsea who you would think are the most desperate to get back to the top have been absolutely silent. City and Arsenal have made excellent moves already and now United will sign a one of the world's best players.

I'll say it now. Xhaka will go down as one of signings on the season and I fucking hate saying that about Arsenal. Not saying he alone will win them the league or any other trophy, but boy has been a massive coup for Wenger. City have announced Gundogan, in a rather cringe online way, and should be wrapping up Laporte any day now. United will announce Zlatan, probably as well as De Gea staying.

That all spells trouble for Chelsea. Real Madrid will turn their attention to Courtois and who can blame him for going (well, we can definitely but looking at the bigger picture here..). Mourinho's going to show us exactly what you must reinvest every season, especially when you win the league. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Meanwhile, if you believe the media we're haggling over chump change and getting bids rejected from clubs we're way bigger than.

I really laughed when it was tweeted Piet saying Roman's going to invest hard in this summer window. Well unless RM's brilliant plan is to wait for an over inflation of prices upon the conclusion of the Euros/Copa America (depending on what kind of players we're signing), I don't see any signs of this yet. 

And before anyone says it, we know it's only June but ffs. The names we are linked with aren't the world-class players this team is desperately seeking. I'm going into the next season as a pessimist to be honest, I hope the club pulls a fucking gorilla out the hat to save us from an already crumbling situation.

We'll probably delude ourselves into thinking we have a chance of signing Pogba until late in the window and he'll end up signing with Pep or Mou. Then we'll sign Danny Drinkwater or Fabian Delph on deadline day. 

58 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

I'll say it now. Xhaka will go down as one of signings on the season and I fucking hate saying that about Arsenal. Not saying he alone will win them the league or any other trophy, but boy has been a massive coup for Wenger. City have announced Gundogan, in a rather cringe online way, and should be wrapping up Laporte any day now. United will announce Zlatan, probably as well as De Gea staying.

That all spells trouble for Chelsea. Real Madrid will turn their attention to Courtois and who can blame him for going (well, we can definitely but looking at the bigger picture here..). Mourinho's going to show us exactly what you must reinvest every season, especially when you win the league. 

I really laughed when it was tweeted Piet saying Roman's going to invest hard in this summer window. Well unless RM's brilliant plan is to wait for an over inflation of prices upon the conclusion of the Euros/Copa America (depending on what kind of players we're signing), I don't see any signs of this yet. 

And before anyone says it, we know it's only June but ffs. The names we are linked with aren't the world-class players this team is desperately seeking. I'm going into the next season as a pessimist to be honest, I hope the club pulls a fucking gorilla out the hat to save us from an already crumbling situation.

I think you're being a bit overly negative about our rumoured transfer targets and the current players we have.

The team's been poor this season but this is still the same squad that won the league last season. There's still a lot of quality in this squad.

Nainggolan and Koulibaly might not be labeled worldclass but they are very good players that would improve our team a lot.

I hope we get both. Those two along with a proper leftback and a striker as back up for Costa would be a very good transfer window imo.

1 minute ago, Belgiannutt said:

I think you're being a bit overly negative about our rumoured transfer targets and the current players we have.

The team's been poor this season but this is still the same squad that won the league last season. There's still a lot of quality in this squad.

Nainggolan and Koulibaly might not be labeled worldclass but they are very good players that would improve our team a lot.

I hope we get both. Those two along with a proper leftback and a striker as back up for Costa would be a very good transfer window imo.

True, but most of the players we've been linked with are also wanted by other top teams. Teams that have CL football to offer.

I expected us to be the most active club out there and have a couple of Conte's priority targets signed up. We need to be quick and decisive before richer, more attractive situations come along for the players we want.

25 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Don't get me wrong, that wasn't a dig at all the proposed transfer targets.. But right now they're absolute rumours with no base while our rivals are announcing signings! We were 'meant to' have signed Nianggolan already apparently :lol::lol:. We're making Ed Woodward look like he's a fucking genius right now lmao!

We need to sign before the Euros. Well it's bloody too late now, so no business until the end of the tournament. 

1 minute ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

We're signing Nainggolan ever since April, it's not going to happen.

Precisely my point. His name was plucked out of the Serie A hat first by journalists and they haven't looked back since. Who else emerged since then? Bonnuci, Leichsteiner (forgive my poor spelling), Pogba :lol::lol: 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True, but most of the players we've been linked with are also wanted by other top teams. Teams that have CL football to offer.

I expected us to be the most active club out there and have a couple of Conte's priority targets signed up. We need to be quick and decisive before richer, more attractive situations come along for the players we want.

Understand what you mean but i'm quite confident we'll get them. We're rumoured to have made bids for both but both bids were rejected and both Napoli and Roma simply want more money.

That's good for us as it means they're okay with selling them and it's just a matter of upping our bids. Ofcourse it could be bs but the rumours around Nainggolan and Koulibaly seem to be a lot more concrete then the rest of the players we've been linked with.

8 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Don't get me wrong, that wasn't a dig at all the proposed transfer targets.. But right now they're absolute rumours with no base while our rivals are announcing signings! We were 'meant to' have signed Nianggolan already apparently :lol::lol:. We're making Ed Woodward look like he's a fucking genius right now lmao!

We need to sign before the Euros. Well it's bloody too late now, so no business until the end of the tournament. 

Didn't we sign Fabregas during the world cup ?

6 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

We're signing Nainggolan ever since April, it's not going to happen.

We were linked with Hazard for years before we actually signed him. We were linked with Costa for months before we signed him. I remember we played Atletico in the CL and chelsea fans were chanting his name as we were being heavily linked with him.

After months of speculation we finally signed him in July. No reason why Nainggolan wouldn't come here.

3 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Precisely my point. His name was plucked out of the Serie A hat first by journalists and they haven't looked back since. Who else emerged since then? Bonnuci, Leichsteiner (forgive my poor spelling), Pogba :lol::lol: 

Bonucci and Pogba fair enough. Those 2 are never gonna happen but i don't see us signing Nainggolan as unrealistic.

It's not like that many teams are lining up for Nainggolan.

If he comes to chelsea he would be going to a better team. Chelsea > Roma

We can offer him more money.

He'd be playing in a better league. PL > Serie A

What exactly makes Nainggolan such an unrealistic target ?

Mercato 2016:Chelsea transfer rumors, Blues will be “VERY BUSY”, club scout forebodes

In alignment with the multitude of rumours suggesting that Chelsea will be very busy in the transfer market, chief scout Piet De Visser confirmed as much.The Sun caught up with Chelsea chief scout Piet De Visser and successfully extracted the quote to rev the transfer rumour mill by a few thousand RPM.The money quote to be recycled—mockingly if they end up with more Rahman’s and Djilobodji’s, with vile should they end up with Marquinhos, Nainggolan, and Lukaku—is as follows:

Chelsea will have a VERY busy summer.Abramovich is desperate not to have another terrible season. I’ll be as busy as I was in 2003-2008.
Insert dramatic chipmunk Vine here.Ultimately this quote doesn’t give us much more information than could already be reasonably assumed. However, it’s directly from the mouth of a trusted Chelsea employee with over a decade of service, so premonitions CONFIRMED I guess. On to it then, we’re already down a Granit Xhaka to Arsenal.Some way down this shocking report, after the face-hitting quote, above-fold headline, and ‘roman_abramovich_diabolically_elated.jpg’ splashy splash photo, is another little nugget that’s of more interest (at least to me):

Last summer, Abramovich reportedly blocked Jose Mourinho’s bid to be given a handsome transfer kitty as the Russian believed the Blues title-winning squad from the season prior were good enough to go the distance once more.
A harsh blow to the man sitting atop Chelsea’s Iron Throne in the Battle Of Blame. Of course the qualifier reportedly precedes the accusation, but it’s also the most likely reason the board looked hamstrung and incompetent. Then again, weren’t we trying to give Everton £40 million for John Stones? Perhaps this from De Visser, plucked from an interview in 2007, helps solve our suddenly puzzling transfer dealings:Mr. Abramovich is fed up that he has to keep paying millions and millions for big star players. … This is why he has asked me as a private scout to look out for top class young players who will be the Chelsea stars in three years time.
So then here we are, nearly a decade later, still in the same place. Relying on Abramovich’s money to reinvigorate the squad every couple of years while talented young players are scouted, hoarded, and eventually let go as paths to the first team prove nonexistent sans desperation.Hey while we’re tossing money about this summer, let’s fix that too.

The Pride of London

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Understand what you mean but i'm quite confident we'll get them. We're rumoured to have made bids for both but both bids were rejected and both Napoli and Roma simply want more money.

That's good for us as it means they're okay with selling them and it's just a matter of upping our bids. Ofcourse it could be bs but the rumours around Nainggolan and Koulibaly seem to be a lot more concrete then the rest of the players we've been linked with.

Didn't we sign Fabregas during the world cup ?

We were linked with Hazard for years before we actually signed him. We were linked with Costa for months before we signed him. I remember we played Atletico in the CL and chelsea fans were chanting his name as we were being heavily linked with him.

After months of speculation we finally signed him in July. No reason why Nainggolan wouldn't come here.

Bonucci and Pogba fair enough. Those 2 are never gonna happen but i don't see us signing Nainggolan as unrealistic.

It's not like that many teams are lining up for Nainggolan.

If he comes to chelsea he would be going to a better team. Chelsea > Roma

We can offer him more money.

He'd be playing in a better league. PL > Serie A

What exactly makes Nainggolan such an unrealistic target ?

If I remember correctly, Radja said that he liked playing for Roma and living in Italy. He's been living in Italy (playing in Serie A) since ~2006..

Maybe he doesn't want to uproot his family and leave his friends behind for a move to England?   It's not easy settling down in a new country, just look at Cuadrado. He didn't look like a confident player at Chelsea but as soon as he went back to Italy, he regained his confidence and played a key role in Juventus winning the title...

(Just to clarify, I would love to see Radja play for Chelsea, he's exactly what we need in midfield alongside Matic, but I don't see him leaving Italy for England, who knows, maybe Hazard can convince him during the Euros!)