Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

So... Yoshinori Muto and Kenedy.

Vitesse are seriously confused right now... "who the fuck they're giving us?"

Or Moeskroen in the belgian league if that deal comes through. I would love a belgian sattelite club tbh. The belgian league is not that great but it has a tight defensive history. If young guns can make it here, they can cope with defences.

Sterling and Clyne are only two english players that we could realisticaly buy and have great potential, but also already good. And the only two that would actualy fit in our first 11 right away.

Stones too maybe, but he is far too inexperienced for straight action.

Sterling and Clyne are only two english players that we could realisticaly buy and have great potential, but also already good. And the only two that would actualy fit in our first 11 right away.

Stones too maybe, but he is far too inexperienced for straight action.

There's been crazy talk of Henderson going around.

There's been crazy talk of Henderson going around.

I think both Liverpool and Chelsea are trying to rattle each other.

Their were sterling to chelsea reports, than oscar to liverpool reports and now henderson to chelsea reports..

I think both Liverpool and Chelsea are trying to rattle each other.

Their were sterling to chelsea reports, than oscar to liverpool reports and now henderson to chelsea reports..

Reporters will write anything to sell papers.

The club is being linked with Jordan Henderson. 100 times over: yes. He is one of the most underrated players in the league. An amazing work ethic and application towards the sport. He isn't too bad on the technical side either.

inb4 some smartarse says LOL liverpool level

I don't know how you guys see it, but personally, I'll rather our marquee signing be an attacking option i.e a left or right winger, Bale or Reus than a Pogba. Pogba is a great player, but at this moment in time, isn't worth the fees being banded about and it remains to be seen how he'll adapt to a more reserved role (i'm guessing the thinking is to pair him with Matic?) because his style of play is anything but reserved.

We need that second reliable option, behind the main striker, besides Hazard. That has been one of our biggest weaknesses obviously. Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah and a host of others have been a combination of not good enough and inconsistent.

Priority for me should be :

(1) World class winger as marquee signing (preferably Reus or Bale) . This for me is a must. Much more so than Pogba or Koke. This is what we need to go to the next level . Both of those players will be very difficult to get, but that's the market we have to be shopping at to establish ourselves as CL favourites and the dominant power in English football. All this Cuadrado, Douglas Costa crap is just a waste of time and money and we all know it.

(2) Technically gifted, creative, yet defensively solid and sound CM to partner Matic. The CM is to be a viable understudy to Fabregas, to play next to Matic obviously, and also to give us re-assurance without undermining the high standard of technical quality and defensive stability of the pivot if Fabregas is used as a number 10. The new CM will compete for places with Loftus Cheek, while giving RLC a realistic chance of game time. Andre Gomes has been sounded out and I like him and the idea a lot. Right age too and will suit our team perfectly.

(3) A centre-back. Varane is the dream and he should be a primary target. It's safe to say that the depth in quality of centre-half's these days is at an all-time low. Probably the lowest its ever been. There just are so few prime aged centre-back's who are worth the hassle and price now. So aside from Terry's age, that's why he have to go for youth now, because that's were real quality is at. If Varane is unattainable, then go for Aymeric Laporte. We definitely need a new centre-back though. Terry is 34 and Cahill is out of sorts and unreliable.

(4) Lesser issues : a new back up keeper to Courtois, preferably an English one to help with the quota. I've seen we've been linked with Green, which is good. Getting a decent back up should not be a difficult task.

~ Also. maybe a new fullback. Ideally we shouldn't; We have Luis and Azpi for goodness sake, both of good age, but maybe signing a new fullback will make Jose stop with the playing Azpilicueta out of position nonsense and the seemingly "invincible" status of Ivanovic regardless of how woefully he plays. The fact that he got right back (no pun intended) into the starting line-up after his awful performance vs Hull City says something. Jose Gaya is a great option, probably the best u-21 full-back in Europe right now and better than Bernat was. Perhaps a double raid of Valencia for Gomes and Gaya.

~ Another striker to replace Drogba is also something we should look at. Icardi is apparently in his last year of contract with Inter and we've been linked. He's a fantastic player, Italy's best striker by a long way. Technically, he's very good, better than Costa. He'll be a good option to have, next to Remy and Costa. Personally though, I'll go for a Dybala, who is more in the Aguero/Tevez mold, and gives us the type of forward we haven't had in a long time. This type of forward fascinates me. Technically brilliant, great close control, explosive, decent finisher and relentless. Lots of competition from other clubs for both strikers though.. If neither is unattainable, then I suggest we try and steal Angel Correa from Atletico. That boy will be one of the best players in the world one day. An unbelievable talent. He's not primarily and out and out forward, but has played as one for his previous club and did brilliantly. He will be an amazing signing.

In summary, If we can bring in Bale or Reus, Andre Gomes (or a similar type of young, technically gifted CM, forget Koke and Pogba, they are luxuries and shouldn't be our primary marquee signing), Varane and Green, we'll have had an amazing summer transfer window. If we can sign an Icardi and Gaya in addition, even better.

Transfer outs will be a different post at a different time, but I'm sure some of you guys already know who I have in mind anyway. ^_^

I like all the names you are suggesting, but those signings will be way too expensive! I know we have a new shirt sponsor and a new tv deal coming up but I still think that spending above 100m pounds is a bit too much.

I don't think so.

Chelsea have their own money. They commit 60% of their turnover to wages - to entire 260 playing and non-playing stuff.

They're still over 120m£ not spend on wages. General "running of the club" cost a bit but they're money from that for other expenses such as transfer "fees" (which includes many costs not associated with number paid to selling club but I leave it now)

Plus, the extra money from Yokohama Rubber deal and Champions League money will give additional ~45m£ each year

New Premier League money will give around additional ~50m£ each year but that's from 2016.

Plus, of course, there are still players to sell :

Cech, Mikel, Moses, Cahill, Oscar, Thorgan Hazard, Atsu, Salah, Van Ginkel, Pasalic, Kalas, Omeruo, McEachran, Kakuta, Piazon, Romeu, Marin, Bamford

In my opinion all of them will be sold either this year or next year. And they will bring a lot of money.

So yes, adding own money plus new Champions League prize awards, Yokohama Rubber sponsorship (and Premier League money in the near future) plus player sales Chelsea can comfortably afford bigger spending than 100m£.

Cech, Mikel, Moses, Cahill, Oscar, Thorgan Hazard, Atsu, Salah, Van Ginkel, Pasalic, Kalas, Omeruo, McEachran, Kakuta, Piazon, Romeu, Marin, Bamford

In my opinion all of them will be sold either this year or next year. And they will bring a lot of money.

Thorgan is already sold mate ;)

Thorgan is already sold mate ;)

I know ! I only included him in 2015 summer sales, right ?

I forgot about strong pound to euro rate. It's stronger than ever in recent times and because transfer fees are recorded in euro it gives the English clubs more financial power.

All in all, I wouldn't be worried about the money.

Butland would be good for 2nd GK, as would Green. Icardi we should only go after if Remy leaves imo, he's not gonna dig being 3rd choice next season.

it would be an absolute shame if remy leaves after performing so well every time he has been given a start.

agree with most of the names on the list but dont agree with bamford. selling bamford would be like saying this to our youth system "you can do what you want, but you are all expendable, irrespective of how well you perform"

I don't think so.

Chelsea have their own money. They commit 60% of their turnover to wages - to entire 260 playing and non-playing stuff.

They're still over 120m£ not spend on wages. General "running of the club" cost a bit but they're money from that for other expenses such as transfer "fees" (which includes many costs not associated with number paid to selling club but I leave it now)

Plus, the extra money from Yokohama Rubber deal and Champions League money will give additional ~45m£ each year

New Premier League money will give around additional ~50m£ each year but that's from 2016.

Plus, of course, there are still players to sell :

So yes, adding own money plus new Champions League prize awards, Yokohama Rubber sponsorship (and Premier League money in the near future) plus player sales Chelsea can comfortably afford bigger spending than 100m£.

I agree that we should have the money to spend 100m on players if we sell a lot of our own players but I still don't think that we should. A new winger would be great and we could use a backup midfielder and a new second keeper. In defence I believe in Zouma and because of that I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a new CB.

This transfer activity shouldn't cost more than 60-70m and then we would have money left for january and stay within FFP.

I agree that we should have the money to spend 100m on players if we sell a lot of our own players but I still don't think that we should. A new winger would be great and we could use a backup midfielder and a new second keeper. In defence I believe in Zouma and because of that I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a new CB.

This transfer activity shouldn't cost more than 60-70m and then we would have money left for january and stay within FFP.

Well, in my opinion the new CB should be a top priority.

I believe in Zouma too but Mourinho doesn't. It's clear as day that Cahill is ahead of him whenever he's not one of the biggest liability around . So by not buying a new CB you have a paring of JT-Cahill for next season and I believe that is one of the reason that holds this club back, because everyone has to cover for defenders who can't take care of themself and needs a maximum protection. I'm not the only one who thinks that.

"Backup midfielder" more like a clear starter midfielder. I'm sorry but Cesc already proved x times here and in previous seasons that he's taken out of the game very easily whenever he faces serious opposition. Pff even Fellaini made him invisible man and we were without central midfielder. He can't deal with pressing and often ends up doing nothing, just strolling around.

A new central-midfielder/number 10 hybrid is a must.