Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Greece Lb Holebas as impressed me thoroughly in this tournament. he would be a cheaper alternative to Luis for sure and they are both around the same age anyway.

He is a big liability defensively but good going forward. He may looked better today only because Christodoulopoulos played in front of him rather than Samaras who is very slow. Don't jump to early conclusions from just a couple of matches. Trust me, Holebas is the last LB you want playing for Chelsea.

He is a big liability defensively but good going forward. He may looked better today only because Christodoulopoulos played in front of him rather than Samaras who is very slow. Don't jump to early conclusions from just a couple of matches. Trust me, Holebas is the last LB you want playing for Chelsea.

What is your opinion of Giannis Maniatis? Looks like a good midfielder/fullback to me.

What is your opinion of Giannis Maniatis? Looks like a good midfielder/fullback to me.

Maniatis is consistently among the best of the team. He just finished a very good season at Olympiakos. He is good as defensive midfielder and can play right back also. This way he can help the right side effectively in a defence oriented system (like Greece's). The problem with our players is that most of them will do the job in the system we play, but they lack creativity and pace. To simplify, you can expect a MIkel type of performance from him.

Edit: There is a rumour that Everton might have contacted Olympiakos. I doubt he is at their priorities but it's very possible that they have an eye on him.

Maniatis is consistently among the best of the team. He just finished a very good season at Olympiakos. He is good as defensive midfielder and can play right back also. This way he can help the right side effectively in a defence oriented system (like Greece's). The problem with our players is that most of them will do the job in the system we play, but they lack creativity and pace. To simplify, you can expect a MIkel type of performance from him.

I saw him pass the ball quickly though, one or two touches, playing with his head up more than Obi Mikel. I think he's better than Mikel, but not seen him enough.

Soo....will he be the more defensive? While Yaya and Fernandinho move forward a bit.? Guess depth is important.

Both. Fernando is a big upgrade on Javi Garcia so City have added depth and quality to their midfield. Won't miss Yaya or Fernandinho as much if they get injured or suspended and it gives MP a lot of tactical flexibility.

Apparently:

Yaya

Fernandinho - Fernando

Fernando plays much better in a single pivot... If he's a starter, I'd say:

Fernando

Fernandinho--Yaya

But I don't see Pellegrini dropping his number 10/second striker for it, especially when they get a better CB to pair up with Kompany. Maybe in matches where they need a little more defense he'll go with this trio.