Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Pep’s attacking players (especially the wide attackers) have always been basically programmed robots. They have very specific instructions to basically stay super wide and be very positional disciplined. So that’s why it’s super strange to me that Pep has such a boner for Grealish who is the ultimate floating wanderer and isn’t really a traditional winger at all. 

Specifically for City’s team I’d rather have an in form Sterling starting in the left than Grealish from a fit point of view. And speaking of which, I wonder what Sterling thinks of this signing? Just had a great Euro’s and will now be replaced. Yes, he had a subpar season but was brilliant the season before and could easily regain that form.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Pep’s attacking players (especially the wide attackers) have always been basically programmed robots. They have very specific instructions to basically stay super wide and be very positional disciplined. So that’s why it’s super strange to me that Pep has such a boner for Grealish who is the ultimate floating wanderer and isn’t really a traditional winger at all. 

Specifically for City’s team I’d rather have an in form Sterling starting in the left than Grealish from a fit point of view. And speaking of which, I wonder what Sterling thinks of this signing? Just had a great Euro’s and will now be replaced. Yes, he had a subpar season but was brilliant the season before and could easily regain that form.

Sam Lee reported Guardiola wants Grealish as a no.8 so he would compete with Gundogan.

5 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Sam Lee reported Guardiola wants Grealish as a no.8 so he would compete with Gundogan.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Sterling      Kane (Jesus)      Mahrez

Grealish     KDB

Rodri

They want to sell B. Silva.

This is even weirder, then. Gündo was arguably their best player last season and they’re spending £100m to buy someone to rotate with him?

Pep is of course smarter than almost anyone out there but this is so puzzling.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

This is even weirder, then. Gündo was arguably their best player last season and they’re spending £100m to buy someone to rotate with him?

Personally, i feel Grealish would be much better as a LW than as a no.8.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Pep is so smart, he often enough outsmarts himself just as with his tactics vs us.

I think one pillar of their team is that they have 6,7 qualtiy attacking midfielders who can all play various positions it just wears opposition players down and gives them options when breaking down teams. when one is not on form, they bring on a fresh copy of him to score a late winner. he also rotates heavily so everyone is always fresh