Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Grealish to City...buying a player to win fouls, I am so far off this fucking Grealish bandwagon it's unreal.

He doesn't just win fouls he creates so much space for other players because he gets surrounded, and if u don't surround him he will plough through teams, he's a win win player 

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Grealish to City...buying a player to win fouls, I am so far off this fucking Grealish bandwagon it's unreal.

He's a good player but this 'hype' only happened because people want(ed) to use him as a stick to beat Mount with, and even then he was the 2nd choice (after Maddison fell off a cliff).

10 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

He doesn't just win fouls he creates so much space for other players because he gets surrounded, and if u don't surround him he will plough through teams, he's a win win player 

Grealish is basically an Eden Hazard. I wonder why Chelsea fans don't rate Grealish because Eden was insane for us

Edited by killer1257

20 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Grealish is basically an Eden Hazard. I wonder why Chelsea fans don't rate Grealish because Eden was insane for us

Simple answer... probably because he's English and not a big foreign player

16 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Except with less pace, worse dribbling, worse shooting and worse off-the-pitch discipline. If at all he is a bad copycat. who wants to settle for the rip-off when you used to have the original. Try another product instead.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Except with less pace, worse dribbling, worse shooting and worse off-the-pitch discipline. If at all he is a bad copycat. who wants to settle for the rip-off when you used to have the original. Try another product instead.

I mean, yeah he is slower than Hazard and he isn't as good as Hazard at dribbling, but who in the PL is better at Dribbling than prime Eden Hazard? There was a time where Eden Hazard was the best dribbler in Europe and Messi was second best according to stats. But that does not mean that Grealish is a bad player. I think Grealish has great potential and I think he is much, much better than for instance Mount. Is he is better than Foden long term, we will see though

Edited by killer1257

47 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I mean, yeah he is slower than Hazard and he isn't as good as Hazard at dribbling, but who in the PL is better at Dribbling than prime Eden Hazard? There was a time where Eden Hazard was the best dribbler in Europe and Messi was second best according to stats. But that does not mean that Grealish is a bad player. I think Grealish has great potential and I think he is much, much better than for instance Mount. If he is better than Foden long term, we will see though

Grealish needs ages on the ball. For me he is too much of a downgrade for a team to afford him the amount of time in the ball a luxury player like Messi or hazard warrants. Who says we still need a hazard? The team has moved on style wise, we should not revel in the past trying to emulate a style that heavily relied on individuals esp if those individuals were just an inferior copy 

Either love or hate Grealish, I'm on the bandwagon, I think he is only going to get better, but in order for that to happen he needs to leave Villa asap and stop imitating Barkley off the field. Essentially, he has proved himself there and that he is able to step up when needed. He would definitely improve City and under Pep for sure, he improves any top team. Is he world class? No, can he be? I believe so under the right coach and in the right team, copy and paste that to any talent, I suppose.

That said, I am absolutely off the Foden bandwagon, I never got on it, good player, not great. The word(s) great and world class are just thrown around so easily these days.

Edited by DH1988

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

What…. he is nowhere near the same level Eden was or close to possessing the same footballing intelligence or creativity that Eden had for us….. and is nowhere near as decisive in the final third. As mentioned before, he clearly has a tendency to take too many touches and thats a problem at a big club when your doubled up against or need to move the ball quickly to break teams down. Maybe its ok at Villa when your their key man and they look to you but in a top team, with de Bruyne’s, Bernardo Silva’s, Sterling’s etc, you cannot afford to do that.

For sure, Grealish is a good player and improved his goals and assists last season but he played in a mid table team where he basically got a free role off the ball, didn’t need to track back, stayed high as Villa’s outlet on counters. Plus he only got 6 goals and 10 assists in 24 starts, 4 sub appearances. When you look at it 5 of those goal involvements came in that freak 7-2 game v Liverpool. Actually, 9 of those 16 goal involvements in the PL came in the first 7 games which he all started. So in another 17 starts and 4 sub appearances after the first 7 weeks he only got 7 goal involvements.

He’s in for a big shock at City because Pep will demand regular goals, assists and more importantly lots of work rate and pressing. Said it before, I think City should of signed Sancho back and United went for Grealish in all fairness. Sancho suits City more than Grealish would for me. And Grealish suits United more because hes a counter attacking player and thats how they play in big games.

I stand by my feeling that Grealish doesn’t make much of a difference for City and that £100m is an absolutely ridiculous price to pay for him.

He’s going to be good there as almost every attacker is but I don’t think he really makes them any any scarier than they already were. 

17 minutes ago, iceboy said:

If they really pay 100m for Grealisht, we can't wait anymore to bid for Haaland

Why does City going for Grealish affect our pursuit of Haaland in any way?

I agree with @Pizy that while Grealish is a gem of a player he doesn't make City any better than they already were because they can only field a fixed amount of attacking players at once and the ones they already have are just as good as Grealish. I think with Grealish signing they are slowly starting to phase out KDB who's already 30yo and beginning to have more and more injury problems.