Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Said when he was at Spurs the summer he wanted to leave we should of registered an interest. Don't think we will go for Eriksen now plus its not exactly happened for him at Inter after a poor 6 months at Spurs before they sold him. PSG would be interesting but do they really need him?

Real Madrid lead race to sign David Alaba but Liverpool interested too | Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/05/real-madrid-lead-race-to-sign-david-alaba-but-liverpool-interested-too

Shame. He'd be the perfect signing covering both LB and CB positions in one move.

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Jason said:

if I were them , only player above all others, pay whatever it takes

Håland

they land him they are insta CL favourites I think, depending on what Bayern does in the summer

he is fool to go to the hot messes that are Real or Barca atm

he can always go there later on

the bloke is only 20yo

Lewa still has 2 top years left in him or so, so why wait at Bayern, he already has proven he destroys the Bundesliga

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

if I were them , only player above all others, pay whatever it takes

Håland

they land him they are insta CL favourites I think, depending on what Bayern does in the summer

he is fool to go to the hot messes that are Real or Barca atm

he can always go there later on

the bloke is only 20yo

Lewa still has 2 top years left in him or so, so why wait at Bayern, he already has proven he destroys the Bundesliga

I think Bayern might be where he goes. I really do. Fantastic club and finding another Lewandowski level CF will be a mission so Haaland and maybe Mbappe be their only choices and even then Mbappe is hugely out of their usual price range. Plus isnt there a 65m release clause for Haaland?

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think Bayern might be where he goes. I really do. Fantastic club and finding another Lewandowski level CF will be a mission so Haaland and maybe Mbappe be their only choices and even then Mbappe is hugely out of their usual price range. Plus isnt there a 65m release clause for Haaland?

If I were Håland, I would be bored with the Bundesliga, especially if you are on Bayern. He is not German, so no 'native' draw/ties. No team would over shit for a challenge (Dortmund will sink down after he and Sancho leave, and RB Leipzig is hardly going to be a dynasty). Same for PSG (even more so). No clue what his feelings are for Juve or AC Milan (probably only Juve could afford him). The only leagues that offer truly competitive options would be La Liga (although only against the other 2 of the big 3) and then the EPL.

logo football observatory

Manchester at the heart of the transfer market

During the last ten transfer windows, Manchester City total the most negative net transfer spending among current big-5 league clubs (-€631M) ahead of city rivals Manchester United (-€586M). Two French Ligue 1 clubs are at the opposite end of the table: LOSC Lille (+€191M) and Olympique Lyonnais (+151M). Issue number 324 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the data for each club.

The third most negative transfer balance since the summer 2015 was recorded for FC Barcelona (-€471M). Beyond the much-debated Lionel Messi’s great salary, this heavily contributed to increase the Catalan club’s debt. Two other teams with recurrent operating deficits, Inter and Milan AC, also are among the ten big-5 league clubs with the most negative net transfer spending during the period analysed: -€386M for Inter and -€211M for Milan.

No English Premier League team has a positive transfer balance during the period considered. The least negative net spending was recorded for Southampton (-€50M), ahead of West Bromwich Albion (-€73M) and Newcastle United (-€77M). The most positive balances in Italy, Germany and Spain were recorded for Atalanta BC (+€133M), Hoffenheim (+€87M) and Valencia (+€67 M). The data comes from the CIES Observatory own research using data published by clubs or reported by media.

9b9958bee4c32f0a892e139603667914.png