Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Partey is on his way to London, he's joining Arsenal.

If we are so set on getting another defensive minded MF I dont see why we weren't in for him. Top top signing for Arsenal. Performances in both legs of the CL knock out games against Liverpool last season more than enough proof to show he good he is.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we are so set on getting another defensive minded MF I dont see why we weren't in for him. Top top signing for Arsenal. Performances in both legs of the CL knock out games against Liverpool last season more than enough proof to show he good he is.

The first leg yeah but the second? Leti got smashed and went through because Oblak was superhuman.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The first leg yeah but the second? Leti got smashed and went through because Oblak was superhuman.

He still stood out for me individually that night, despite them playing poorly as a team, tidying up in midfield and getting interceptions/tackles in at times. Couldn’t do it all himself though and Liverpool basically ran over the top of them and as you said Oblak was key to them going through but he wasnt poor by any means and played better than the majority of the others. His performance at Anfield was better though (first leg was at Anfield IIRC?) and you got to see much more of his ability on the ball as Atletico were much more effective on the break. Think he will surprise a lot of people in a much more progressive team. £45m is a snip these days as well for a proven player at his age with lots of games in La Liga and CL experience. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He still stood out for me individually that night, despite them playing poorly as a team, tidying up in midfield and getting interceptions/tackles in at times. Couldn’t do it all himself though and Liverpool basically ran over the top of them and as you said Oblak was key to them going through but he wasnt poor by any means and played better than the majority of the others. His performance at Anfield was better though (first leg was at Anfield IIRC?) and you got to see much more of his ability on the ball as Atletico were much more effective on the break. Think he will surprise a lot of people in a much more progressive team. £45m is a snip these days as well for a proven player at his age with lots of games in La Liga and CL experience. 

Anfield was the second leg and you must have seen a different game to me, it was the most one sided CL game lost by the dominant side since our night in Munich, they barely bothered attacking until Liverpool going ahead on the tie forced their hand.

Just now, Vegetable said:

I'm curious of how Telles will work out for them, as he was an easy target for all big clubs since like two years and all of them gave up for some reason.

The whole Chilwell v Reguilon v Telles comparison could be unbearable on here...

Meh.. we have had a fantastic window. I'm not too fussed about Partey personally. 
Yeah this is my thought really. Window has been way better than we could have ever expected so whilst we may have issues I can't be anything other than happy with what we have done. Next summer I'm sure we will address it if we need to and we don't find an internal solution