Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

23 hours ago, Valdo said:

Werner really did reject the scousers didn't he :cig:

I always believed, and said, that the story about Liverpool being unable to afford Werner was a nonsensical fabrication. Their actions in the market today, along with rumours of further spending to come, seems to end that debate. If they had really wanted him they'd have made Timo an acceptable offer and reached an agreement with Leipzig. Clearly they did not want him enough and that's our gain.

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I always believed, and said, that the story about Liverpool being unable to afford Werner was a nonsensical fabrication. Their actions in the market today, along with rumours of further spending to come, seems to end that debate. If they had really wanted him they'd have made Timo an acceptable offer and reached an agreement with Leipzig. Clearly they did not want him enough and that's our gain.

He said he chose us over them.

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He said he chose us over them.

And I believe him but, as I say, if they had wanted him they'd have made him feel better about joining them. If they had really wanted him, I still think they'd have gotten him. I'm glad we have Timo however. He's good and seems like a terrific character. 

Reguillon to Spurs is apparently around £32m. 

If that is the case, I think the Chilwell deal at around £45m starts looking like a pretty good deal (English tax considered).

There was talk initially that Chilwell looked like being about 4 times more expensive than a Reguillon deal.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Reguillon to Spurs is apparently around £32m. 

If that is the case, I think the Chilwell deal at around £45m starts looking like a pretty good deal (English tax considered).

There was talk initially that Chilwell looked like being about 4 times more expensive than a Reguillon deal.

Yep.

Reguilon at £32M with a buy-back clause vs. Chilwell at £45M. Not really that hard a choice for me.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Bale signed for Spurs and confirmed but he can't play for a month due to injury:lol:

Kind of curious to see how Bale will cope with the physical demands and intensity of the Premier League at this point of his career. He consistently got injured in a less physical and intense league, can he hold up back in England at 31 years of age? And not to mention, his game has always relied on his physical attributes. If that goes out of the window...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kind of curious to see how Bale will cope with the physical demands and intensity of the Premier League at this point of his career. He consistently got injured in a less physical and intense league, can he hold up back in England at 31 years of age? And not to mention, his game has always relied on his physical attributes. If that goes out of the window...

Alexis Sanchez 2.0

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This Bale back to Spurs and the fan reaction is cringe worthy it's making me feel weird.

Same with the English media. You would think Spurs have somehow gone back in time and signed back the 2010 Bale judging by all their reaction.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Alexis Sanchez 2.0

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hard to disagree. Wouldn't that be funny if it happened to Mourinho again?

Saw similar comment about James R. And look at him now. Imo with KDB and Ziyech most creative player in the league.

For free could end up being signing of the season.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hard to disagree. Wouldn't that be funny if it happened to Mourinho again?

Not as funny as the desperate illogical reasoning's Spurs fans will create to try and convince themselves prime Bale is still there somewhere.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Saw similar comment about James R. And look at him now. Imo with KDB and Ziyech most creative player in the league.

For free could end up being signing of the season.

James doesn't so heavily rely on physical traits like Bale does though.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

I don't know who said that but James was never one to rely on his physical attributes and doesn't have the over-the-hill feel to him yet, based on past performances.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

James doesn't so heavily rely on physical traits like Bale does though.

Bales technically still got a very good all round skillset. Think he will be a much needed boost for Spurs. In fact he would still manage to play for most teams in the PL bar maybe Liverpools front three and Citys - even then that’s arguable after they sold Sane. 

Plus the talk of injuries etc is all well and good but he’s played like what less than 50% of the games in the last 2 seasons since Zidane returned despite being fit for the majority of it, that will mean longer time to get up to speed maybe but will also benefit him as he wont have had any significant minutes where he could have any underlying wee niggling injuries prior to getting started. 

He still has plenty to offer the PL. As does James, who again has already shown that needing physical attributes even if your game isn't hugely reliant on it in attacking positions to play in the PL as an attacking midfielder/winger is a bit of a myth.