Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

7 hours ago, AOIRO said:

Kante → Zaniolo・VanDeBeek ・Sergej     

Jorginho → Partey・Ndidi・Rice

+ Werner     Tagliafico    Onana

chel.jpg.919fc2cbc88434c563299946e669595a.jpg

Switching Kante to Zaniolo would be brave.. We should hire Zdenek Zeman as manager who was epic at As Roma :)

64076210.jpg

17 hours ago, AOIRO said:

Kante → Zaniolo・VanDeBeek ・Sergej     

Jorginho → Partey・Ndidi・Rice

+ Werner     Tagliafico    Onana

chel.jpg.919fc2cbc88434c563299946e669595a.jpg

In my book you did not improve our GK and back 4 area at all. Also Werner on the bench for Tammy is funny. Zaniolo is never leaving Italy.

In my book you did not improve our GK and back 4 area at all. Also Werner on the bench for Tammy is funny. Zaniolo is never leaving Italy.
Werner is a bad CF. He needs to have a Second striker next to him

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

If I were in charge of transfers this is what I would go for as our first team squad: 

GK - Oblak/Willy - (Oblak is probably the biggest pipe dream. However, AM could be in a lot of financial trouble so it may just be that we could say forget the Morata money and also take Kepa for Oblak) 

RB - James/Dave 

CB1 - Rudi/Tomori or Zouma

CB2 - New CB/AC (I cannot pick a new CB as all the available ones either have flaws or seem impossible to get, however a new one is urgently needed)

LB - Telles/Alonso

No.4 - Jorgi/Gilmour/Ampadu*

No.6 - SMS/Kova 

No.8 - RLC/Mount 

No.7 - Ziyech/Puli

No.11 - Werner/CHO 

No.9 - Tammy/Giroud/Cavani (CF is difficult atm as there are not many about and players such as Haaland are not going anywhere. In my opinion we should take Cavani for a year or two then reassess, also such a signing allows dollar to be spent elsewhere.) 

*also can be used as the central CB in a 343 which gives us tactical flexibility if needed. 

For me the only unrealistic one is Oblak, as all the others appear to be available (Werner will also be impossible if the Dippers go in.) As for players such as Harvetz and Sancho, I think Harvetz is now at a stage where he will be Bayern/Madrid bound and I really do not see Sancho leaving Dortmund this year. 

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't believe that Ethan is good enough in either position.

Interesting. I rate Ampadu as one of our top three prospects. His loan at RB was very poorly handled by the club as they have their own good CB's and he has been struggling with growing pains for the past few years. In my opinion, he should've been loaned to Villa or Brighton. 

So, do you not rate him at all? Only issue I have with him at CB is his height 5'10-11ish, but if he plays in a three it shouldn't be too much of a worry. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Interesting. I rate Ampadu as one of our top three prospects. His loan at RB was very poorly handled by the club as they have their own good CB's and he has been struggling with growing pains for the past few years. In my opinion, he should've been loaned to Villa or Brighton. 

So, do you not rate him at all? Only issue I have with him at CB is his height 5'10-11ish, but if he plays in a three it shouldn't be too much of a worry. 

Well, it's just opinion of course, but I'm afraid I don't rate Ethan highly enough, no. For me, he's a competent footballer, not a special one. This has been my take since before Ethan went on loan, so it hasn't been influenced by the way things panned out in Germany.

A chief concern is his passing. I think it's short of the required level. I've no idea whether or not Ethan's stats support my claim, but I firmly believe that pass completion stats don't tell even half the story. I prefer to examine a performance and ask how well each involvement was performed. Were control, touch, decision making and execution as good as could be reasonably expected in any given situation. On that basis, Ethan does not score well enough in my opinion.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well, it's just opinion of course, but I'm afraid I don't rate Ethan highly enough, no. For me, he's a competent footballer, not a special one. This has been my take since before Ethan went on loan, so it hasn't been influenced by the way things panned out in Germany.

A chief concern is his passing. I think it's short of the required level. I've no idea whether or not Ethan's stats support my claim, but I firmly believe that pass completion stats don't tell even half the story. I prefer to examine a performance and ask how well each involvement was performed. Were control, touch, decision making and execution as good as could be reasonably expected in any given situation. On that basis, Ethan does not score well enough in my opinion.

Disagree with you on this one. Ethan is has the natural ability to be a success here. I think he could be a top CB if nurtured properly.

RE: Ethan, I also have to disagree. Everything I have seen from Ethan tells me he is a very good passer for a CB/DM and is also highly composed for his age. Further, he also seems to read the game well and doesn't get dragged out of position too much. However, there are concerns with him but I would list these as: 

1) Injury record - looking like he could be another RLC.

2) Height/build - think he will have to play DM (or a middle CB in a back 3) in the PL unless he bulks up/has a late growth spurt. I say this as he is quite slight and reckon he would suffer similar issues that afflict AC and Tomori.  

3) Tackling- lunges in a bit. This I am not so concerned about as it is teachable skill that should come with experience, however he will go for it in a 50/50 more than he should. 

14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

RE: Ethan, I also have to disagree. Everything I have seen from Ethan tells me he is a very good passer for a CB/DM and is also highly composed for his age. Further, he also seems to read the game well and doesn't get dragged out of position too much. However, there are concerns with him but I would list these as: 

2) Height/build - think he will have to play DM (or a middle CB in a back 3) in the PL unless he bulks up/has a late growth spurt. I say this as he is quite slight and reckon he would suffer similar issues that afflict AC and Tomori.  

3) Tackling- lunges in a bit. This I am not so concerned about as it is teachable skill that should come with experience, however he will go for it in a 50/50 more than he should. 

To be frank I think he'd be out of his depth in midfield but, again, I'll be happy if you are right and I am wrong.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

To be frank I think he'd be out of his depth in midfield but, again, I'll be happy if you are right and I am wrong.

The problem I have with Ampadu is that his career has stagnated over the last couple of seasons. If he had built on the game time he got under Conte when he first came here, he could very well be part of the first team squad now. 

When it was obvious last season that he wouldn't get game time under Sarri, he should have been loaned out in the January window, even to a Championship club and built up game time. 

This season at Leipzig has been similar to last season at Chelsea.

It's a similar situation to what Loftus-Cheek found himself in for a couple of years.

That example however is a good one to prove that he's still young enough to go out on loan for a season or two, play regular football and come back into the squad. Even a loan to the Championship next season would be fine if he plays regularly. He needs to develop and he won't get that being fourth or fifth choice in a couple of positions here next season.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Lyon won't stop Houssem Aouar, wanted by City and Juve from leaving. The midfielder's exit, planned for this summer is gonna take longer than expected, this however isn't enough yet for Lyon to try to keep him.

Aouar at Shitty is a nightmare :(

On 31/05/2020 at 5:22 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Nicolò Zaniolo, who I was  massive fan of for RW until we signed Ziyech, also suffered a catastrophic knee injury, so we have no clue how his fitness is