Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Chelsea looking at Ajax left back Nicolas Tagliafico as a cheaper option to Ben Chilwell. They've been told they could sign Tagliafico for £22.4m in the next window.

He wants to move to England and Chelsea made checks on him before the suspension of football. -

Telegraph

2 hours ago, milka said:

Chelsea looking at Ajax left back Nicolas Tagliafico as a cheaper option to Ben Chilwell. They've been told they could sign Tagliafico for £22.4m in the next window.

He wants to move to England and Chelsea made checks on him before the suspension of football. -

Telegraph

Chelsea have made ‘official contact’ with Brentford forward Saïd Benrahma, having made the Algerian one of their ‘priorities’. The 24-year-old is valued at £40M.

Emilia Clarke -LOL | Gif Finder – Find and Share funny animated ...

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I wonder if the Tagliafico rumors are our own doing  in an attempt to lower Chilwell's asking price. 

Either doesn't really bode well. The first is yet another small/lightweight player to go into a squad that is really too small and lightweight and the second is bang average and will be over priced no matter what as he is English. 

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Either doesn't really bode well. The first is yet another small/lightweight player to go into a squad that is really too small and lightweight and the second is bang average and will be over priced no matter what as he is English. 

To be fairly honest I would much rather have my full backs small, quick and technical vs broad and strong. 

Give me a Dani Alves type over an Ivanovic/Azpilicueta type any day. Especially with the way football is evolving. 

48 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

To be fairly honest I would much rather have my full backs small, quick and technical vs broad and strong. 

Give me a Dani Alves type over an Ivanovic/Azpilicueta type any day. Especially with the way football is evolving. 

I would agree normally but look at the rest of the squad. It is really small and lightweight. That is the reason why so many mid table teams have been able to roll us over as they just bully us. We are quickly becoming like Wenger's Le Arse in the second half of his time there. If we go out and start buying players like SMS, Oblak, Mahgalhaes, Harvetz etc, then sure small technical FB's aren't a problem. However when your GK is 6'1 with weak t-rex arms, your three main CM's are 5'9 (Jorgi), 5'8 (Kova) and 5'5 (Kante) and all lightweight and your CB's are 6'0/slight (Tomori) 6'2/ Slight (AC), 6'1"/average (Rudi) and 6'3/stocky (Zouma), you have a problem. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I would agree normally but look at the rest of the squad. It is really small and lightweight. That is the reason why so many mid table teams have been able to roll us over as they just bully us. We are quickly becoming like Wenger's Le Arse in the second half of his time there. If we go out and start buying players like SMS, Oblak, Mahgalhaes, Harvetz etc, then sure small technical FB's aren't a problem. However when your GK is 6'1 with weak t-rex arms, your three main CM's are 5'9 (Jorgi), 5'8 (Kova) and 5'5 (Kante) and all lightweight and your CB's are 6'0/slight (Tomori) 6'2/ Slight (AC), 6'1"/average (Rudi) and 6'3/stocky (Zouma), you have a problem. 

That Pep Barca team is my first association when we speak about lightweight and short teams.

Valdes 183cm, Mascherano as CB 174cm. Puyol also just 178cm.  Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa, Alves, Pedro, Adriano all so small. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

That Pep Barca team is my first association when we speak about lightweight and short teams.

Valdes 183cm, Mascherano as CB 174cm. Puyol also just 178cm.  Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa, Alves, Pedro, Adriano all so small. 

Difference is we are not Barca, so no La Liga teams to play against week in, week out and no refs on our side. Apples and oranges. 

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

It seems like Icardi will be joining PSG permanently. 50 million euros + 7 in bonuses.

good, I like PSG, I like Icardi, and no one in the EPL gets him, and it gives Inter some cash to splash

win win win win

On 28.5.2020 at 6:51 PM, King Kante said:

Point taken. I also don’t like to have too many tiny players but where did you get your stats? Most are off. Kova is 178 or 5‘10 jirgi is 180 5‘11 Tomori is 6‘1 or 185. Rüdiger is 6‘3 or 190, 

also this is Not American Football but a Game of skill. Jose built a giant team and still got bullied by midrange teams at ManUtd. Getting bullied is more about mentality and skill to shield and play the ball such that even a heavier opponent will not get near it. But if you are tiny you obviously need even more skill or pace to compensate it. Doesn’t mean you should buy big players for the sake of it.  

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Point taken. I also don’t like to have too many tiny players but where did you get your stats? Most are off. Kova is 178 or 5‘10 jirgi is 180 5‘11 Tomori is 6‘1 or 185. Rüdiger is 6‘3 or 190, 

also this is Not American Football but a Game of skill. Jose built a giant team and still got bullied by midrange teams at ManUtd. Getting bullied is more about mentality and skill to shield and play the ball such that even a heavier opponent will not get near it. But if you are tiny you obviously need even more skill or pace to compensate it. Doesn’t mean you should buy big players for the sake of it.  

A lot of players get there stats boosted, especially those that play in or have played in Italy. A prime example is Kouliably who was stated to be something like 6'4"/6'5" for years when he is actually 6'0" or 6'1". For instance, no way is Tomori 6'1", I have a season ticket in the MHL and he is shorter than a lot of other teams midfielders. My guess is he is actually 5'11" but I said 6'0" to give him the benefit of the doubt. Same goes for Kova, no way is he 5'10" maybe he just shades 5'9" but I would say he is 5'8". Look at him next to Dave who we all know is 5'10"ish. 

Anyway, I should state that my issue isn't really just height (I am only 5'8" myself) but it is also to do with the players build and desire. For instance, Dave is around 5'10" but I am fine with him in a back 3 as he doesn't get physically bullied. Aguero is another player, he is what 5'7"ish?, but he is fine because you cannot bully him. 

However, sometimes 8 out of our 11 players on the pitch are: Kepa, AC/Tomori, Emerson, Jorgi, Kova, Kante, Pedro/Puli, CHO/Willian. As a collective unless the ball is dropping to Giroud/Tammy, Dave/James or Rudi/Zouma we are being beat to the ball and people wonder why we cannot defend set pieces and complain about Alonso being slow. 

All that aside, the single biggest problem is Kepa who short, not very good and a massive p*ssy at coming for the ball. TC used to cover a lot of our faults up as he would just pluck the ball out of the air and stop dangerous attacks in their infancy. However, because he didn't pull off hollywood saves everyone thought he was alright but not great and could be replaced easily.

I think Benrahma and Samuel Chukwueze would be two very good additions to the squad and they are probably available for decent amounts. Benrahma is a proper baller and if he can take his skills to the next level playing for a PL club, then I guess Chelsea could be in for a real bargain. 

Would not mind these two, actually I really hope Chelsea sign them both.