Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Number one priority should be DM. Chalobah would be back from his loan in Jan but I really don't see us giving him a chance in the first team despite the great loan spell he had. Our best option would be, imo, to loan a DM till the end of the season.

Number one priority should be DM. Chalobah would be back from his loan in Jan but I really don't see us giving him a chance in the first team despite the great loan spell he had. Our best option would be, imo, to loan a DM till the end of the season.

I can't see the point in recalling Chalobah from his loan. Part of the reason we have these loans is to get players used to playing an entire season and the fact he's playing regularly at a decent team in a competitive league is better than 80% of most loan experiences.

I agree we probably need a DM though and I've mentioned before who I think we should go for. The other factor is David Luiz. Rafa tried him there against Nordsjaelland so it might be worthwhile trying him in the next 3 games too.

I can't see the point in recalling Chalobah from his loan. Part of the reason we have these loans is to get players used to playing an entire season and the fact he's playing regularly at a decent team in a competitive league is better than 80% of most loan experiences.

His loan ends in Jan. He will be back here unless the club loans him out again.

His loan ends in Jan. He will be back here unless the club loans him out again.

Exactly, and I would have expected his loan to be extended. I know Watford are extremely keen to keep him. Personally I'd rather he get 20 games and hopefully a run in the play-offs but I don't know if the club have decided on him yet.

Exactly, and I would have expected his loan to be extended. I know Watford are extremely keen to keep him. Personally I'd rather he get 20 games and hopefully a run in the play-offs but I don't know if the club have decided on him yet.

Probably right, he's better off extending his loan at Watford now that he established himself as a starter. I think the club will extend the loan if Watford want him.

I don't think we're going hell for leather in Jan. Europa League is but a small consolation for the latter CL stages in monetary terms and the board is smart in these things. At the most, a recall for Josh might be on the cards.

i don't think there is a good CM available on loan atm. only we were daft enough to loan Essien. don't think anyone else will loan their players unless he is having squad problems. Darren Bent comes to mind but he's a striker

On the striker front, I just watched Fulham v Newcastle. Berbatov was awesome. His overall play is great - Positioning, one touch football, direct passing and has a presence around the box. He sets up counter attacks brilliantly, imagine Mata, Hazard, and Oscar playing off this guy.

But we really need a DM now - Possible Essien recall? Not sure if he is going to the ACON this time.

On the striker front, I just watched Fulham v Newcastle. Berbatov was awesome. His overall play is great - Positioning, one touch football, direct passing and has a presence around the box. He sets up counter attacks brilliantly, imagine Mata, Hazard, and Oscar playing off this guy.

But we really need a DM now - Possible Essien recall? Not sure if he is going to the ACON this time.

Injured again...

I think Chalobah is more ready than Mceachran for Chelsea first team action, he's a physical beast despite just turning 18 and plays well ahead of his age, he could deputize for Mikel when he's away on African Cup of Nations duty. De Bruyne could also be recalled to provide cover for Moses, I don't see any need to buy another player, unless Sturridge leaves, then a striker would have to be bought.

I think Chalobah is more ready than Mceachran for Chelsea first team action, he's a physical beast despite just turning 18 and plays well ahead of his age, he could deputize for Mikel when he's away on African Cup of Nations duty. De Bruyne could also be recalled to provide cover for Moses, I don't see any need to buy another player, unless Sturridge leaves, then a striker would have to be bought.

Really? I can think of 3 places we need new players in without being picky.

3 PLACES: 1) DM 2) CM and 3) CF.

Realistically taking injuries/tiredness of players into account we could use a:

- A DM to cover for Oriols injury and Mikel if he gets injured/suspended.

- A CM who can play the deep lying playmaker role like Ilkay Gundogan from Dortmund, Andrea Pirlo from Juve or Xavi Alonso from Real just 3 examples.

- A CM to replace Essien/Meireles' role in the squad as a rotation option

- A CF to compete with Nando and Sturridge if he stays. Apparently could be Shane Long, ChelseaChick (I think thats her twitter/TC name anyway) posted something about Shane Longs wedding being altered due to the fact he could move to Chelsea in January. Her cousin is his wedding planner...

- A luxury signing maybe but another CAM that could rotate with Mata maybe Isco from Malaga or Willian from Shaktar

Maybe a bit much to ask for January but maybe even next summer if we could get such players in and gel them into the team we'd have done great.

Yes we have KDB and Josh coming back from loan deals in the summer but whos to say they won't go out on loan again? KDB could be used in the pivot, it remains to be seen I honestly think if Robbie though he could have been useful this year he wouldn't have gone on loan.

Ryan, that's quite a shopping list for the January window...

A luxury signing maybe but another CAM that could rotate with Mata maybe Isco from Malaga or Willian from Shaktar

No more of these please. We have them coming out the wazoo. Moses and Marin should be enough to rotate. Plus, the one's you've mentioned would be ridiculously expensive for just a rotation player.

A striker and defensive-mid are top of the list and are of equal, crucial importance in my eyes. If we just get them, i'll be a very happy bunny indeed.