Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Fellaini, as a AM beside Mata and Hazard? that wont work, its a totally different football, what kind of football will we play? and more importantly- it wont happen. What manager will go for this? it seems like you always suggest players to buy but you dont think logicly. Answer this- who will bring Fellaini to play AM in Chelsea?

And you have your opinions and i have mine, i dont think Fellaini should play DM in a team like Chelsea, and wont help our problems as a CM.

Have you actually ever seen Fellaini play in a defensive midfield role? I got the impression from your earlier posts that you hadn't.

Have you actually ever seen Fellaini play in a defensive midfield role? I got the impression from your earlier posts that you hadn't.

i actually have, yes. I dont think he's good enough defensevly, and he doesnt have the responsibility to do this hard job in Chelsea.

i actually have, yes. I dont think he's good enough defensevly, and he doesnt have the responsibility to do this hard job in Chelsea.

Oh you have. Okay. You can probably understand why I wasn't sure.

But this is ultimately down to personal perspectives on the player. I think he's shown not just the technical and physical qualities that we need in that position (I love the way he moves the ball on quickly) but also the mental attributes and attitude that we desperately need.

I think the ability to go forward and get a goal if we need one is an added bonus. You obviously disagree on at least one of those points having seen him play apparently.

Oh you have. Okay. You can probably understand why I wasn't sure.

But this is ultimately down to personal perspectives on the player. I think he's shown not just the technical and physical qualities that we need in that position (I love the way he moves the ball on quickly) but also the mental attributes and attitude that we desperately need.

I think the ability to go forward and get a goal if we need one is an added bonus. You obviously disagree on at least one of those points having seen him play apparently.

"apparently", "Oh you have"... please stop trying whatever you're trying to do.

Fellaini, as a AM beside Mata and Hazard? that wont work, its a totally different football, what kind of football will we play? and more importantly- it wont happen. What manager will go for this? it seems like you always suggest players to buy but you dont think logicly. Answer this- who will bring Fellaini to play AM in Chelsea?

And you have your opinions and i have mine, i dont think Fellaini should play DM in a team like Chelsea, and wont help our problems as a CM.

I didnt say he would play AM, thats just an option as he can play there. But he is best as B2B midfielder (instead Rambo). He offers lot of

energy and heart in both ends of pitch, giving us hard worker.

Also his technical skill is actualy very good, but just because he is tall, he looks clumsy. Also as some people say he is good this season, they look only for goals. Because Fellaini last year was already fantastic and played 90% of the games as B2B player.

You say I dont think logicaly? We need some power and technical ability, we need another Mf for rotation. Tell me who would you buy this winter that is available and not too expensive (like Moutinho)? Just cuz we need some creativity in deep midfield it doesnt mean we need small player like Moutinho or Cabaye. Both get tired once game progress, they only play for fancy moves, but are NOT hard workers like Vidal, Alonso or Fellaini. Tell me if we get Moutinho, who will defend? Mata, Hazard, Moutinho fall of imediately. If there is no hardworker in team, there will be no sucess. Power is what we need, not flair. We have Mazacar and you saw they couldnt get us through CL group cuz they hava no plan b, no stamina, power and that is FACT.

We wont become barca even if Pep comes, our defence will be shit if we get too many small skillful players. I cant agree with you, sorry.

^^ I agree that if Chelsea want to keep possession the entire team need to be able to pass the ball. It's also a philosophy change since you can see how uncomfortable people are with Luiz style which is essentially what it takes to keep possession.

However, I don't like teams that are one-dimensional because there will be situations when your virtues are not going to be effective. Even if Oscar is hard worker and he is, he's still physically weak and all our attacking players, aside from Torres, are poor in the air.

Fallaini would add both height and physical strength to a very lightweight side. We can still keep possession, but sometimes you need a dif alternative in a match.

Moutinho is a hard worker, so as Oscar, you just need to give them the right orders. This season our managers havent got as to play with good tactics like Dortmund plays for example, and what would you say about Dortmund players? they have Gotze, Reus,Kuba, and Gundogan as a DM/CM, can you say they have alot of power and stamina? same goes to Bayren, Real and Shaktar, they all play with better tactics than ours, and have better and smarter midfield. And again. they dont have such strong players. If there were players with creativity in deep midfield that are maybe bigger and offer more in defense-i would have wrote them next to Moutinho and Cabaye, but there arent, and i dont think Fellaini is one. I dont think Fellaini is a smart footballer for the top levels, i think too many times he makes wrong decisions, too many times for someone who should carry a team, as you thinking he can do that. because thats what we need- we need quality in central midfield, quality that Moutinho have, and saying he only play for fancy moves is just BS, and says you realy dont know how to look at the work he is doing. we need someone to control our game, pass the right passes, and he also need to work defensevly. im 100% sure Moutinho and Cabaye working hard defensevly, dont know what you saw with them, but they are. you need hard work from the ALL team, thats what the top teams are doing this days, and the top teams right now are the two top Spaniard and two top Germans, the 4 of them doesnt have that much power in midfield, they have a midfield that could control a game and make right decesions, and have better tactics than we do- better managers. They do alot of pressure job, all the players in the team work as a unit.

"We have Mazacar and you saw they couldnt get us through CL group cuz they hava no plan b, no stamina, power and that is FACT."

No, Mazascar arent the ones to blame, if thats what you think it says much about how hard you're wrong when you're judging today's football. We failed in the CL becuase Juventus and Shaktar plays better football than ours as a team. Their tactics are better, their central midfield plays better football, smarter football. You just looked at our new players- Mata, Oscar and Hazard- saw that with them we are not as strong as others- and say "it doesnt work, lets go back to play with stamina and power players"- that is wrong! the real FACT is that apart from those three, we do not have players who are good passers, with creativity, Juventus and Shaktar do have that and thats why they are better. Central midfield is such an important thing in football, yes we have Mazascar, but they can only play with themselves, we do not have a real team that playes as ONE team when Ramires and Mikel are playing behind the 3 (and Torres infront of them, but thats a differnet story). It looks like we are relying on those three because they are our all team offensivly- Mikel and Ramires are so different players that it hurts our game. we need to finish our transition, and we need to do that in changing our central midfield. what "power players" will give you now? why would it work? with Mikel and Ramires it doesnt work, and they are both players of power (Mikel) and stamina (Ramires). when you said "energy and heart in both ends of pitch, giving us hard worker" its like you're talking about Ramires... so why Fellaini? yes im getting that you think he's like Alonso, but thats so far from the truth.

Its not about become Barca, its about become a team that playes modern football and plays it well like the teams i mentioned and better, for that you need new midfield and new manager. And i do think thats what Roman and the clubs is going for. Maybe you like too see more of our "old" football, but i dont think is the way to go right now in todays football. We already began our transition, we need to complete it.

well put together and sound opinion :clap:

^^ I agree that if Chelsea want to keep possession the entire team need to be able to pass the ball. It's also a philosophy change since you can see how uncomfortable people are with Luiz style which is essentially what it takes to keep possession.

However, I don't like teams that are one-dimensional because there will be situations when your virtues are not going to be effective. Even if Oscar is hard worker and he is, he's still physically weak and all our attacking players, aside from Torres, are poor in the air.

Fallaini would add both height and physical strength to a very lightweight side. We can still keep possession, but sometimes you need a dif alternative in a match.

Thing is we CANT keep possession against the realy good teams in the world, we saw it in the CL. Those teams do have a all team that could pass the ball well. what you need is a change in midfield to change our philosophy. a player like Fallaini wont help for that.

You call Dortmund, Bayren, Real and Barca one-dimensional?

Its not about become Barca, its about become a team that playes modern football and plays it well like the teams i mentioned and better, for that you need new midfield and new manager. And i do think thats what Roman and the club is going for. Maybe you like too see more of our "old" football, but i dont think its the way to go right now in todays football. We already began our transition, we need to complete it, and with our current players and with the money we can spend- it should look just fantastic when we'll get that right manager and the right players in midfield and off course the right striker.

Worth 100 likes, specially the last paragraph!

Thing is we CANT keep possession against the realy good teams in the world, we saw it in the CL. Those teams do have a all team that could pass the ball well. what you need is a change in midfield to change our philosophy. a player like Fallaini wont help for that.

You call Dortmund, Bayren, Real and Barca one-dimensional?

I sudo do! Barca have huge problems playing against counter-attacking teams. They are also very weak in the air and need to always get behind the opponent's defense line. Messi is key here, because of his dribbling. They've struggled against Inter and Chelsea a few times. This is not about quality whatsoever since they can usually beat United without problems.

Other possession sides haven't had Barca's luck btw.

People talk about Barca, which have prob the best players in the world. Do you really think Barca would be that much weaker if playing in a vastly different way? Or would Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, still provide an edge that any style and side can benefit from?

Things are cyclical; soon enough a more pragmatic team will become very successful and others will attempt to do the same.

I sudo do! Barca have huge problems playing against counter-attacking teams. They are also very weak in the air and need to always get behind the opponent's defense line. Messi is key here, because of his dribbling. They've struggled against Inter and Chelsea a few times. This is not about quality whatsoever since they can usually beat United without problems.

People talk about Barca, which have prob the best players in the world. Do you really think Barca would be that much weaker if playing in a vastly different way? Or would Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, still provide an edge that any style and side can benefit from?

Things are cyclical; soon enough a more pragmatic team will become very successful and others will attempt to do the same.

Yup just think back to the Arsenal invincibles it was all about physical power, then Barca turned it on its head.

We need to find our own system - then let others copy, or try too!

I'm still of the opinion, winning at any cost - I don't care how shit the play is as long as our goals column is greater than the opponents.

I don't want us ending up like a modern day Arsenal...

No, Mazascar arent the ones to blame, if thats what you think it says much about how hard you're wrong when you're judging today's football. We failed in the CL becuase Juventus and Shaktar plays better football than ours as a team. Their tactics are better, their central midfield plays better football, smarter football. You just looked at our new players- Mata, Oscar and Hazard- saw that with them we are not as strong as others- and say "it doesnt work, lets go back to play with stamina and power players"- that is wrong! the real FACT is that apart from those three, we do not have players who are good passers, with creativity, Juventus and Shaktar do have that and thats why they are better. Central midfield is such an important thing in football, yes we have Mazascar, but they can only play with themselves, we do not have a real team that playes as ONE team when Ramires and Mikel are playing behind the 3 (and Torres infront of them, but thats a differnet story). It looks like we are relying on those three because they are our all team offensivly- Mikel and Ramires are so different players that it hurts our game. we need to finish our transition, and we need to do that in changing our central midfield. what "power players" will give you now? why would it work? with Mikel and Ramires it doesnt work, and they are both players of power (Mikel) and stamina (Ramires). when you said "energy and heart in both ends of pitch, giving us hard worker" its like you're talking about Ramires... so why Fellaini? yes im getting that you think he's like Alonso, but thats so far from the truth.

It's funny because we both agree on what the problem is. We differ in that I see Fellaini as being someone who could possibly be an answer to it and you don't.

However you were telling me a few posts backs that he wasn't a DM so I'm not entirely sure you know anything about him.

It's funny because we both agree on what the problem is. We differ in that I see Fellaini as being someone who could possibly be an answer to it and you don't.

However you were telling me a few posts backs that he wasn't a DM so I'm not entirely sure you know anything about him.

I don't see how anyone would think Fellaini would help us. He's an attacking central midfielder bordering on playing as a second striker which we don't need at all. He is the player Everton is playing around so Fellaini is taking 3.7 shots a game (by comparison, no Chelsea player has taken more than 2.5 shots a game.) He has real strengths as a player (great in the air, very good at finishing) and massive weaknesses (He doesn't position himself defensively well and fouls way way too often. 3.1 fouls a game for an attacking midfielder is insane). Where would he play at Chelsea? How would he fit into the side? Doesn't make any sense to me.