Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I honestly hope we are scouting Juan Fernando Quintero from Pescara... looks a very good player in the making. 19 year old, full Colombian international, being scouted by Napoli, Inter Milan, both Manchester clubs and Juve apparently. Big talent, playing in Marco Veratti's old role at Pescara in midfield as a deep lying playmaker. Not seen too much of him but read a lot, I'm going to watch a few Pescara games if I get a chance to see if the hypes justified.

Hi...two names I think we are missing in the clamour for Falcao....Llorente & Cavani.

Llorente is unsettled at bilbao, and I think he will be available for cheap...And Cavani is colossal...mark my words, and I do watch serie A regularly, he is just another drogba..carries his team Napoli solely.....

For me, Cavani as striker, and Fernandinho of Donetsk as CM

A no nonsense CB would be great, a defender that worries about defending and nothing else. Gazza and Davey Boy try to do everthing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Also someone like Cabaye or Moutinho would be great. Not necessary, but great.

Surprisingly, luiz was quite no nonsense against city. More than before at least, maybe FSW gave him a talking to?

Cabaye or moutinho would be a good choice, what do you all think about KDB? is he good enough to play as a deep playmaker? hes defensive skill is not that good.

Surprisingly, luiz was quite no nonsense against city. More than before at least, maybe FSW gave him a talking to?

Cabaye or moutinho would be a good choice, what do you all think about KDB? is he good enough to play as a deep playmaker? hes defensive skill is not that good.

I'm sure KDB will be chelsea material, but may be the next season after making the pre season and full training as cm.

brlieve me he is good enough. He can be a true gem if we handle him correctly which is done by promoting him and playing him regularly enough even if he's not starting EVERY game at first. But he cannot be wasted on the bench, and given the Capital one Cup games only and 5min cameos.

Jozy Altidore anyone?

(from we aint got no history)

Many Chelsea fans seem to believe that there is only one option out there to fix our striker situation in the January window, but the Chelsea scouting staff still seem to be looking around. Sky Sports is reporting a new potential target that we've been watching...United States striker Jozy Altidore.

Altidore has had a realtively unsuccessful loan spell in England before, struggling at the age of 19 when he joined Hull City. He's been very impressive over the last two seasons for AZ Alkmaar though, and Earnest Stewart confirms that Chelsea scouts have been in attendance to watch the 23 year old this season:

"However, I won't say whether interest will increase during the winter break or at the end of the season. Jozy is developing fantastically, is a real target man for the team and translates that into goals."

"Something like that isn't missed abroad. Also this season scouts from big clubs like Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have visited AZ games."

Altidore would clearly not be as high profile a signing as Falcao, but he's still been a solid player that's been improving steadily over the past several years. He's got a good great set of physical tools, and he's the type of physically aggressive player that the club just doesn't have at the moment. He'd be an interesting option as a cheap backup, and he'd probably make it even more likely that American stations broadcast Chelsea games live.

The January window is still several weeks away, but being linked to more strikers is never a bad thing. After all, it's not that hard to upgrade Fernando Torres.

As much as we're being linked with all these big players, Can't really see any of them coming off in January. Think if Falcao is to happen, It'll come in the summer. Not saying i wouldn't want him in January, Just i doubt it'll happen. Think we'll get someone who's not such as popular as Cavani/Falcao. But nevertheless, Who ever comes in. Surely can't do as bad as what we're working with already!

For me, Think a CM is important. Seeing as Mikel's heading off to the ACON, and we've already let the likes of Meireles and Essien (loan) go.