Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Honestly in the context of Pep's system I'd be a lot more worried if they signed Felix or went into the season with Alvarez as the forward (who from what I've seen is tailor made for a Pep false 9).

Signing Haaland means they have to alter a (likely) back to back title winning formula and while he won't flop like Rom has done we have already demonstrated that the poacher to finish what is created logic is flawed at best.

That said, he may be the difference that gets them over the line in Europe but I think week by week they may suffer a bit with the tactical changes required. Unfortunetly unless we have a spectacular summer window it would only suit Liverpool. Could actually see a RVN at United type situation here, is excellent individually and scores a lot of goals but still feels like a square peg.

Edited by Tomo

53 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Honestly in the context of Pep's system I'd be a lot more worried if they signed Felix or went into the season with Alvarez as the forward (who from what I've seen is tailor made for a Pep false 9).

Signing Haaland means they have to alter a (likely) back to back title winning formula and while he won't flop like Rom has done we have already demonstrated that the poacher to finish what is created logic is flawed at best.

That said, he may be the difference the gets them over the line in Europe but I think week by week they may suffer a bit with the tactical changes required. Unfortunetly unless we have a spectacular summer window it would only suit Liverpool. Could actually see a RVN at United type situation here, is excellent individually and scores a lot of goals but still feels like a square peg.

Wishful thinking in this case Tomo. He will hit the ground running and will scroe a bucket load of goals. One thing I know for sure is that De Bryune is about to double his assists tally next season. 

Sorry to mention this, but do you think maybe he went with lower wages and fee because Mino Raiola is no longer in the picture? I remember he was asking for astronomical fee and wages last summer from us...

Also I wonder if Harry Kane would be desperate enough to move to a rival if Spurs miss out on CL football... this summer could be his last chance to move

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Wishful thinking in this case Tomo. He will hit the ground running and will scroe a bucket load of goals. One thing I know for sure is that De Bryune is about to double his assists tally next season. 

I don't doubt he'll score goals but will it be enough to counter what they will lose in fluidity, pressing etc? There's a very good reason Klopp hasn't brought an out and out 9 even when Firmino couldn't hit a barn door. I wasn't worried about present day CR7 going back to United for the same reason, he's been superb individually but look at where United are.

Remember the game at The Bridge this season? The way they totally strangled us out of the game? They instantly lose that with Haaland.