Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

It will be interesting to see how this Kane saga evolves. 

Spurs may be reluctant to deal with us, but if they feel that City have tapped Kane up in any way Levy may also sour towards them too.

Levy will probably feel he can save face a little in this situation as he's not the one actively selling Kane, but instead Kane is trying to force his hand. In that scenario I think Levy will just want to get the best deal for Spurs rather than being concerned over who he's dealing with. Might be worth throwing our hat in the ring with a bid if we're serious about trying to get hold of a top striker.

Just now, Milan said:

A genuine question here - assuming we are actually spending 150M on a striker, would you rather go for Haaland or Kane?

If £150M gets you either and they're both available at the same price and similar wages, I'll take Haaland any day.

Kane might be more proven, especially in the PL, but has a growing amount of injury worries every season and is 7 years older so thinking 3-4 years in the future Haaland's value should be multiple times higher than Kane's. And if Haaland could be extended beyond the initial 5-6 year contract then he could easily end up staying for almost a decade at the club, something Kane certainly wouldn't be able to do.

Not that either of those two are available to us sadly.

24 minutes ago, Milan said:

A genuine question here - assuming we are actually spending 150M on a striker, would you rather go for Haaland or Kane?

Is that a serious question!!!?

Halaand all day and every day but neither will be coming here.

11 minutes ago, Milan said:

Haaland is much younger and for me has more potential due to him being significantly more athletic than Kane. As brilliant as Kane is when fit we’ve already seen how he has lost a step due to constant injury.

As for this saga now, I wonder what would happen if we offered them something like £100m + Tammy they’d go for it? They get massive cash as well as a ready made striker that’s about as good as they’re going to find in this market. 

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

If £150M gets you either and they're both available at the same price and similar wages, I'll take Haaland any day.

Kane might be more proven, especially in the PL, but has a growing amount of injury worries every season and is 7 years older so thinking 3-4 years in the future Haaland's value should be multiple times higher than Kane's. And if Haaland could be extended beyond the initial 5-6 year contract then he could easily end up staying for almost a decade at the club, something Kane certainly wouldn't be able to do.

Not that either of those two are available to us sadly.

Is that really so? With Kane, yeah I get it, obvious reasons. But with Haaland? Assuming we actually are spending this amount of money? Dortmund have said many times that for the right money, it can be done. I understand the board's hard decison making that next summer the price will be completely different. But so will the competition for his signature.

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

Is that really so? With Kane, yeah I get it, obvious reasons. But with Haaland? Assuming we actually are spending this amount of money? Dortmund have said many times that for the right money, it can be done. I understand the board's hard decison making that next summer the price will be completely different. But so will the competition for his signature.

By that you mean the media? 

Their CEO, outgoing sporting director and incoming sporting director have said many times that Haaland is not for sale and if what Simon Johnson said is true, then it seems like club have moved on from him to Lukaku, with two bids apparently submitted and rejected all while the others seem clueless about this and were fanning the same Haaland stories for weeks to get clicks etc.