The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Have people ever been questioning his leadership? He's been questioned as a clutch shot maker sometimes but he's always been rated as a great leader. I mean he has 4 MVPs. I'd say he's one of the greatest leaders ever in NBA history.

I don't think MVP's equate to leadership. Tim duncan is a great leader and has 2 MVP's. Durant isn't a leader and he has an MVP.

I don't think MVP's equate to leadership. Tim duncan is a great leader and has 2 MVP's. Durant isn't a leader and he has an MVP.

MVP doesn't equate leadership but it's definitely part of the criteria. If Durant and Lebron had the same stats and everything, I bet Lebron gets the MVP because he is known as a better leader. I have never heard of Lebron's leadership being questioned, maybe very early in his career but not anymore. Dude was noted as the leader on Olympic teams as well which was full of all-stars. It's always been recognized as one of his strengths.

MVP doesn't equate leadership but it's definitely part of the criteria. If Durant and Lebron had the same stats and everything, I bet Lebron gets the MVP because he is known as a better leader. I have never heard of Lebron's leadership being questioned, maybe very early in his career but not anymore. Dude was noted as the leader on Olympic teams as well which was full of all-stars. It's always been recognized as one of his strengths.

Oh absolutely, I'm not saying LeBron isn't a leader. Don't think any player has ever elevated such mediocre/injury riddled teams as often and as well as him. Durant crashed out of the playoffs without Westbrook. He elevates teams and those players love playing for/with him.

I'd think so. When LeBron joined Miami lots of people were saying that he couldn't lead a team to a title hence he joined Wade. And even during their stint together in Cleveland some people were claiming that Shaq was the alpha dog.

after watching these finals one can't say he's not a leader. i dont particularly like him, but he's a fucking boss. i root for the dubs but this will be the biggest achievement in lebron's career if he wins this championship. he's just so fucking good. yes, sometimes refs doesnt call obvious travels and gets away with some questionable fouls but when he finishes he's career, he will be in all-time top5 players.

Curry has only had one basket(3pt) in the first half. Embarrassing from a MVP.

agree. it's okay if you shoot and you just can't hit the shots, but it's kinda odd that you as a best player not in your team but in the league take just 6 fg-s. we all know that gsw tries to play more team oriented basketball, but come on, when will you force it if not in the finals.

2-1 for cavs. a bit suprising for me. i thought it will be a 4-1 victory for the dubs, but this cavs defense and a little mix of choke, fascination and fearsome performance by golden state. lebron alone has more playoff expirience than all the players combined in both teams. it really shows how good he is. he knows he can't play with his teammates like a team, because honestly with all these injuries there's no one to play with. thats why he take 35+ fg per game. and we know he's not a selfish guy, he just cant rely on a tard named jr smith or offensively impotent shumpert, mozgov and tristan. dellavedova is a big surprise for everyone, he gives like 150%.

i still think cavs will run out of steam by the end of the series. but for that happening, dubs must win game 4.

Curry is seriously chocking, despite that 4th quarter performance, it was too little too late. And I still think that GSW need to play A LOT better D, especially on James.

james is shooting like 24% outside of paint, or mid-range to 3pt shots. thats awful. gsw can live with that. on the other hand they can't defend him when he goes to the rim. it's either two points or a foul. if they double-team him he will send a perfect pass to his shooters and thats a three pointer. gsw knows that and they just let him do his thing and hope that other players don't made a lot of threes. scoring 40 pts from 30 field goals and ~12 free throws is not something special.