The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

This series has been about the role players so far. Danny Green has scored the most points collectively so far with 53 pts which is crazy.

Kawhi Leonard is really impressing me with how he's dealing with Lebron over the series. Developing into a nice little player.

Gary Neal though... I'm still shocked.

Miami NEED Game 4. Lebron needs to stop trying to be a playmaker because Miami need a scorer right now.

This series has been about the role players so far. Danny Green has scored the most points collectively so far with 53 pts which is crazy.

Kawhi Leonard is really impressing me with how he's dealing with Lebron over the series. Developing into a nice little player.

Gary Neal though... I'm still shocked.

Miami NEED Game 4. Lebron needs to stop trying to be a playmaker because Miami need a scorer right now.

Players like Chalmers, Allen, Battier need to step up and take some pressure off Lebron & D-Wade

I was disappointed with Chalmers today, he needs to facilitate more for the rest of the team.

Massive Game 4...IF Spurs win, the series is all but over

I honestly couldn't believe it when i saw it, heard it, or read it,, but Jason Kidd got appointed as new Head Coach of Brooklyn Nets!?

Kidd is definitely on my all-time favorite players, but to be appointed so soon after retiring, not even an assistant coach but a HEAD coach, just wow.

TBH this was NOT the best thing to do as Brooklyn could have waited it out and seen whether Lionel Collins or Doc Rivers would have come. (Reports state Doc wants to "move on" as he's not feeling the idea of rebuilding a team, and rightly so.) You got Deron Williams there, a star in this league and i think he may not be too happy with this as it can be seen almost as a naive move from management. But i would like to think they would have talked about this with their Franchise player before they appointed him.

And yes, we are talking about one of the game's smartest PGs/Player to have ever played in the league. But he's gonna have some rough learning curves no doubt, and with the team they have right now (which is challenging for a title), i think what they needed was a veteran coach capable of taking the likes of Lopez and Williams to new heights. This would have really only made sense if the Nets were rebuilding but their farrrrr from that, their looking to win NOW and this move just doesn't quite show that. I think Billy King just "pressed the panic button" here, because if Rod Thorn was there (one of league's best GMs ever) he surely would have made Kidd an assistant and got a real veteran coach to replace Carlisomo.

Hopefully im wrong, really hope he succeeds.

Shaw's still there to possibly join the Nuggets? I like that :D

This dude needs a head coaching job! Im surprised Jerry Buss didn't listen to Kobe who was pretty much begging for Shaw to become the head coach when the Zen master decided to retire. I think he ends up at Denver. With Doc Rivers/Lionel to LAC. (not sure who)

Vintage, vintage DWade. Nearly forgot how good this guy can be. Wow.

When was the last time he dropped 30+ in a post season game?

Word man.

TBH it was the big 3 that stepped up today.

Dwade was attacking. Plain and simple. He was getting to the rim and finishing, got his confidence up and then tried a couple Jumpers which looks like good news for the Heat moving forward. Last game the defenders were playing off of LBJ and Wade daring them to shoot, and they didn't trust their shot, today they played up and Wade was blowing right by them.

Bosh also, he didn't shut Duncan down by himself as it was mostly the help defense that Wade and LBJ brought that really stifled him, but none the less he did a good job. Had a double double, which is always nice. Was cutting to the basket and also finishing like Dwade. But he also got a fair share of second chance points which really hurt the Spurs. and the Miami Heat out-rebounded the spurs? that should not be happening.

But again, it all really came down to turn-overs for SA. Wade had 6 steals! It honestly just shows how good that defense can be when they play with passion and desperation. If they lost this game it would have been over, but they really gave it their all. They went out and chased the Spurs sharpshooters off the line and made them have to pass the ball 6-7 times before each shot. And by that time the passing got sloppy and usually led to a turnover and fast break going the other way.

Can't wait for Game 5,, hopefully its close like Game 1 only a diff end result.