Chelsea 1-3 Aston Villa

BlueLion.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I get started on how horrible we were in attack, I just hope the entire back line gets flogged...

How many times should we get 1-0 lead and just throw it away? Its become a recurring theme this season...Can't they hold onto a clean sheet till we score a second?

I think a lot of players are taking the matches too casually. 1-0 up at S Bridge and they go into cruise control as if its a routine...

Looks like Drogba's recent good run season has halted for the moment...Hope his only replacement Torres can step up...Mata and Cole are getting burned out....

Why Chelsea always makes my weekend's and holiday's worse? :cry:

Because it's typical. I just wonder how the club and players will be celebrating the New Year tonight.

It's so depressing to think about the new year we have ahead, maybe we'll lose another 5 times at home in the league and then get embarrassed 5-0 by Barcelona in the Champions League, if not by Napoli. I hate thinking about it. Nothing to celebrate for really.

If I were the manager, I would tell Fat Lampard to never come t Cobham again and find a new club.

haha that genuinely made me laugh

Lampard and Luiz with the individual errors today but both did ok especially Luiz who was probably our MOM

We're now 5th - and we're level on points with Liverpool, who are below us on GD. We need City to destroy them on Monday, because we're not going to beat Wolves.

Cant see City beating them..they've suddenly become a bit shite.Carrol to get a hat trick no doubt

And god Wolves...rather skip that game in fact we should just skip the xmas period next year it never goes well

I'm just going to say everything that falls eventually has to come up! AVB is a great manager and we are just having some december difficulties (like always) but I rest assure that we will come out of this slum. My heart is with Chelsea, I might get mocked, humiliated or whatever by my friends but at least I follow a club because for what it represents for me, not because they're winner or lossers but because I feel them. Not like 70% of my friends that support Barcelona because they win, but they know nothing about them.

Don't get mad for a game at the end we can do nothing to interfere on the results. Just keep a positive mind for next year and we are on! KTBFFH

there IS life outside football ,,so wish you all the best for the New Year

Correct, you can tell who all the sad bastards are... they're the ones crying over another bad result. I'll be out enjoying an evening with my family whilst people sit in front of their computers and over-analyse the fact that we're not good enough, our manager is naive and tactically-inept because of the fact he refuses to change his system, and that our players are passionless and overpaid.

Night all, and happy new year.

Totally deserved loss. Everything, fkin everything was wrong today, the player's attitude, the tactics, the subs -

- Starting with Ferreira?

- Subbing Sturr?

What oh what were you thinking AVB? And we need fkin defenders who can defend before any playmaker/striker/winger in the new year. Only Cahill is not the answer.

we should start from the scratch. start from europa. and we should start our new journey without lampard and drogba. without them we might lose but there are chances to bring and develope new talent. We can not start our new journey with lampard and drogba. that is not possible.

My stomach is hurting, literally. Absolutely disgusting and insipid performance from everyone bar Luiz and to an extent Torres. These so called football players should take a good hard look at themselves because millions would love to be in their position but the professionals don't give a rats ass. It's all about the money and it's not that hard to see. For 100k+ a week I'd play 5 games a day. These players can't even give it their all for 1 game every couple of days. They should be ashamed of themselves. Also, the blame is passed around to Roman and AVB. Roman because he sacked a world class coach in Carlo and AVB for saying that we have a squad that can battle for 4 trophies. Yeah, if those trophies are the St. Johnstone paint trophy, the Npower Championship 2, the Npower Championship and the reserves FA Cup. He actually thought we can match the like of Barcelona and United with out current squad. LOLOLOLOL.

This must be the worst Chelsea team since Roman took over the club. A goalkeeper who is past his best, no right back, Terry on the decline, Lampard past it, Essien with knees made of Tesco brand jelly, Drogba past his prime, our 50 million record signing is crap (but still the best striker we have by a very long distance), Malouda and Kalou useless (but we already knew that) and with no great young hope on the horizon. It is bleak, very bleak.

It is the same problems, no creativity in midfield, had loads of possession but couldn't break down Villa, barely any penetration down the flanks, nobody in between the Villa lines, too slow to move the ball through midfield and far too many aimless shots from midfield. Top 4 now looks like an uphill battle and that is depressing, when did we go from Champions League finalists with an elite squad to top four outsiders, our decline has been a slow burn but it has finally hit and now we will once again rely on Roman Abramovich spending mass amounts of money and hope that this time he finds the right players to rejuvenate a dying squad. Tgis kind of defeat has become more and more common since our prime days under Mourinho, we are so very far below the very best in Europe and, worst still, we are below the standard required for a top four Premier League club.

Positives? Drogba won a penalty and scored it.

Luiz played well at the back.

That is the end of the positives. Another awful performance, another awful result and that is becoming more and more common.

I'm not. Any coach in the world would fail to improve with this poor squad we have.

Ok fair point; but for me avb deserves to be fired cause he failed to performe in the summer. It was well documented last season how poor or squad was and he sat around and did nothing with transfers. Mata is a start but not enough.