This is what needs to be done!

YouNameIt

At the moment there are too many threads and comments made about the situation regarding Chelsea's results. Some blame AVB, which I find absolutley idiotic. I do however see some things that need to be sorted:

1) The players needs to practise finishers; ALOT. It's not the first time, but to give an example: During the Fulham game Chelsea produced quite alot of goal chances, especially in the 2nd half. The problem was basically that all shots were straight at the keeper, making it easy for him to do all those saves.

2) The management needs to use their brains when buying players and not just look at the players name. However Ive seen a change in this since AVB came. Obviousley he's had (some) effect on this matter, which is good. Basically, younger players that want to prove something, and not just over-paid guys.

3) Chelsea needs stability.

a) We need a solid and stable starting team. To change it each game does no good. I know this has to do with the way our roster looks at the moment.

B) We need to find a suitable tactic and use it as a standard. The way Chelsea play today and a few years ago isnt the same. Today we've got younger players with alot of pace, but this is dragged down by the older players. For instance I can see a huge differance when the midfield is meireles, romeu and ramires compared to when lampard and mikel are playing.

4) Younger players are the future. It is high time to give these a chance to prove themselfes. We DO have young talents on loans etc, bring them forward. Look what it did to Sturridge after his loan to Bolton.

5) Even if it might hurt, the core and backbone of Chelsea has to be renewed. Lets face it, the glory days of Terry, Lampard and Drogba are gone. It is time we face the fact that we need to replace them, perhaps not instantly, but they are well over 30. Especially lampard needs to be benched and to keep Drogba starting games isnt working.

6) Either start Torres alot more games or send him on a loan. Having him on the bench does no good. First of all he isn't adopted into the team and the play, to think that he will get his enginge going by subbing him 10-15 minutes now and then is stuipid. We need a CF that is ON FIRE. So either keep starting Torres and perhaps bring on Drogba when needed (not the other way around) or send him on a loan and buy a quality CF.

7) Stop critisizing AVB as if it is all his fault. First of all, change takes time. The material he has brought in has proven successful. But there are still alot of things that needs to be sorted, and to think that he will perform miracles is dumb. It's not his fault that he puts together a team that produces alot of goal chances but the players waste the goal by a poor finish. Yeah, you can talk about the highline etc, but face it, theres no problem in conceding a goal if we score 3.

HAVE FAITH!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it might hurt, the core and backbone of Chelsea has to be renewed. Lets face it, the glory days of Terry, Lampard and Drogba are gone. It is time we face the fact that we need to replace them, perhaps not instantly, but they are well over 30. Especially lampard needs to be benched and to keep Drogba starting games isnt working.

Agreed wid frank and drogba . but i think terry is still a keyman for the next 2-3 years .both CBs need not be young and energetic ..the experience and consistency which an experienced CB provides is invaluable ..I wish terry and david/cahill(if we get him) can form a partnership like puyol/pique or nesta/thiago where one experienced CB provides the stability & experience and the other has pace and aggression .

Agreed wid frank and drogba . but i think terry is still a keyman for the next 2-3 years .both CBs need not be young and energetic ..the experience and consistency which an experienced CB provides is invaluable ..I wish terry and david/cahill(if we get him) can form a partnership like puyol/pique or nesta/thiago where one experienced CB provides the stability & experience and the other has pace and aggression .

I agree. Although bringing in cahill is and should be a future plan to rest Terry more and play Cahill+Luiz.