Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Players Currently Out On Loan

Below are the players that are currently out on loan:

Tom Taiwo (Carlisle United - 6 Months):

Tom's time at Chelsea has been a strange one. He has suffered injury and been out on loan before really playing reserves football. His loans spells havebeen somewhat disjointed also. Then he went over to America for a trial over there which didn't work out and now he is off to Carlisle for 6 months. I am not sure if Chelsea see Tom having future with us or not but either way he will need to impress with this loan move.

Lee Sawyer (Southend United - 6 months):

Lee is to rejoin Southend for 6 months where he spent a very good period last season. I think the club would like to move him up a level to the championship but that didn't quite work out. I am sure the idea is for him to get 6 solid months of first team football at League 1 level and then they will try and get him a loan in the Championship. Lee definately needs to be able to step up to that level by the end of the season if he wants any chance of making it with us.

Miroslav Stoch (FC Twente - Season Long):

After making a few first team appearances and many impressive outings for the reserves it seems the time has come for Miroslav to have a crack at regular first team football on loan. The club Chelsea have chose for him is FC Twente. Playing in the top league in Holland will be good for him and knowing his ability i am sure he will do very well over there. We will certainly be looking for him to be impressive if he is to have a shot at a first team place next season!

Ryan Bertrand (Reading FC - Season Long):

Ryan Bertrand having missed out on being the given the chance to be Ashley Cole's understudy this season has been sent back out on loan, this time to Brendan Rodgers Reading. The idea being that he is playing at the top end of the Championship where he will need to show his class to play every week. Ryan is a great left back and i hope he does well because i do want to see him given the chance with us eventually.

Franco Di Santo (Blackburn Rovers - Till January):

Having been frustrated in his attempts to get regular first team football at Chelsea Franco Di Santo has taken the oppertunity to move to Blackburn Rovers till January 1st. Franco will look to capture some form and a decent goal tally so that when the ACN comes around and Drogba and Kalou go off he can come in and show what he can do in the Chelsea firs team. I am sure Franco will do well there and i hope he gets the regular football he needs.

Scott Sinclair (Wigan Athletic - Season Long):

Another Premiership loan deal, this time for Sinclair. Sinclair has had numerous loan spells in the Championship most of them fairly unsuccessful which makes this loan move a little suprising. It is good that Scott will have a full settled season somewhere, although he needs the regular football, will he get that at Wigan? I hope this will not be another Ben Sahar situation. Scott has talent so i hope he does get the games there.

Patrick Van Aanholt (Coventry City - Till January):

Next in line for a loan move is Patrick Van Aanholt. He is moving on loan for the first time and will attempt to make an impact at Coventry. Patrick is a talented left back who can play centre back and has been very impressive for the reserves. I am sure that he will do well there and hopefully extend the loan for the whole season or take a step up to a bigger club for the second half of the season.

Edited by EskWeston

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any you can realistically see as cutting it in our first team ?

Hmmm.....

Pettigrew - Definately not, just a case of finding a permanant club for now i feel.

Grant - Definately not, same as Pettigrew. Just not good enough to get close to our first team.

Cork - Potentially yes! Has been playing well in the DM position and is a top centre back too, all about regular football now and seeing how he progresses.

Bertrand - Absolutely yes. Has always looked a classy left back and his loan spells have only furthered that view. Definately the new Ashley Cole, with good progress this season could be knocking on the door for next season.

Bridcutt - Again potentiall yes. He has been in great form for the reserves and is a very strong defensive midfielder. He likes to get stuck in and his passing for the main part is sublime. Will all depend on his progression on loan now...

Well Bertrand as a potential FT left back will be useful -isn't there that FIFA homegrown quota ruling to be enforced in a few years ?

It's in place now, which is why we don't use our full squad allocation, although the quotas get higher every year so we will certainly need some homegrown players. But them being out on loan affects the ruling which is why we couldn't use Sinclair as a homegrown player!!

Bertrand out of the ones on loan at the moment is the one impressing the most, rave reviews and taking everything in his stride.

I agree with you on Jack Cork, he is going to grow into an excellent player I feel.

It certainly looks like it. He is very good on the ball, i havn't seen him play for a while so i am not sure how his game has progressed but he is certainly a good player.

thanks for the insights esk ;)

Lol, no problem. Maybe i should put a disclaimer at the bottom: ***the views expressed her are solely the views of the author and in no way should be taken as gospel - So don't blame me if the f**kers never make it in our first team *** :D

Alcides & Slobodan Rajković --- at PSV Eindhoven until June 2008

This is in the Reserves/Youth team forum so only relates to players from there, these players are technically first team players and have never either been officially named by the club as Chelsea players....

• 1 year later...

Sahar injury 'doesn't look good'

Chelsea striker Ben Sahar is waiting to learn the extent of an apparently serious knee injury suffered while playing for De Graafschap.

The 19-year-old, who joined De Graafschap on loan in January, was hurt after half an hour of the 1-0 extra-time loss to Steve McClaren's FC Twente in Wednesday night's cup clash.

He is due to undergo a series of tests to determine the precise nature of the problem, but De Graafschap coach Darije Kalezic fears the worst.

"We have to wait and see how serious it all is," he said. "But I must say it didn't look good."

TeamTalk

Such terrible news, i hope he come back stronger than before. Wasn't he meant to return to us for next season?

Edited by STEV3O

For me i think that we are highly likely to see Cork and Bertrand involved with the first team next season. Both have been impressive at Championship level, much like Mancienne and deserve to be given their chance with our first team to show if they can do it or not.

For me i think that we are highly likely to see Cork and Bertrand involved with the first team next season. Both have been impressive at Championship level, much like Mancienne and deserve to be given their chance with our first team to show if they can do it or not.

Spot on, I think those two, plus Sinclair will be in the first team squad for sure next season. Whoever we get in will surely give more chances to youth than Scolari did. Bertrand would be our LB cover, and Cork is very much a utility player who would be most welcomed in the squad as cover for a number of positions.

• 2 months later...