Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Grant Eager To Impress

Grant eager to impress

AnthonyGrant is determined to force his way into Southend boss Steve Tilson'splans and says he is willing to play in midfield or defence.

The Shrimpers signed the 20-year-old on loan from Chelsea until the end of the season last week and the youngster is determined to impress at Roots Hall.

"It's been a good experience for me so far," Grant told the club's official website. "I want to get a few first-team games under my belt and then push on from there. You never know what the future holds. Hopefully I can get in the team and stay there."

When he quizzed on his preferred position, Grant added: "To be honest I just want to play football and wherever the gaffer decides to put me I'll play."

Tilson's men are currently five points adrift of the play-off pack and Grant is convinced the side are more than capable of clinching a top-six finish.

"If everyone plays to their potential then I see no reason why the side cannot reach the play offs," he said.

<a href="http://images.teamtalk.com/08/02/800x600/Anthony_Grant_Chelsea_new2_631071.jpg" target="_blank">Anthony_Grant_Chelsea_new2_631071.jpgscreen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL+Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onmouseover="if(this.width>screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.style.cursor='hand'; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL+Mouse wheel to zoom in/out';}" onclick="if(!this.resized) {return true;} else {window.open('http://images.teamtalk.com/08/02/330/Anthony_Grant_Chelsea_new2_631071.jpg');}" onmousewheel="return imgzoom(this);" alt="" border="0">