Chelsea 3-0 Valencia

termninja

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even from the highlights, it looked like the high defense line was abolished (is it true?), and Sturridge's cross to Mata was sublime! And it is also good to see Didi use his strength and power with his second goal - and the fact he didn't go down showed how much he was determined for both his place in the team and for the team as a whole.

Fantastic Performance last night! I dont want to get carried away and say were back to being the old Chelsea because i was really hoping we would become a different team in the way we play football! Saying this though im just happy to win such an important game and be back winning again!

I hope we beat City Monday i really do! Comoon Chels!

Finally i can comment on the game, the day the game was on, it wouldn't let me on the forum at all, and i was in leeds at the example concert so didn't get chance then.

This was our best performance all season, i have never been so confident when the oppesition is running at us, Soldado is a brilliant striker, and i forgot he was on the pitch, we blanked the hell out of him. Romeu is quality, and he will be a quality player he can only get better, good game from Ramires and Meireles also, esepcially Ramires, he played like he did earlier in the season, very good, and i said he will do that, but players like him only seem to play well when the team does, he can't drag the team for some reason. Luiz solid as hell, and no silly challenges, Terry, back to last seasons Terry, Ivanovic very good, he had the hardest side and he dealt with it well with Sturridge helping him also. And Cole also solid, also a very good performance for Cech, but i bet he now underperforms in the City game, it seems to happen when he has one good game leading up to a big one.

Mata is just pure quality, i'd like to see liverpool convince themselves now stuart downing was a better buy than Mata. Drogba the only good performance he's put in all season, he put in a decent one against Liverpool but still not good. And Sturridge was once again a huge threat and gave us good pace on the counter attack, but the huge problem he has is not squaring the ball, the keeper knows he wont square it so they will now save it easily, i don't know if he's just pure greedy, doesn't see the right chance, or can't use his right foot, what ever it is this needs sorting out, especially now we have City coming up.

Still though this game was brilliant, enjoyed so much of it, i expected us to be very panicking and get a lucky victory, but we sorted them out, they only had one real chance, and it was a chance what nothing could do about, brilliant cross, and good header, but brilliant save by Cech. So no defensive errors, great game, i now hope AVB will stop with the highline defending this season, till he gets his own players, or in January.